[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really want to get an RX-3. An S124, more precisely. However,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

I really want to get an RX-3. An S124, more precisely.

However, these weren't sold in America, were they? Only the earlier models were?
I just find the S124 so much sexier.

So, what then, I have to import one from Australia or Japan? And they're be RHD? I honestly don't really want to live with a RHD car.
If I got an earlier RX-3 in America as well, would that make the conversion easier? They seem to share a lot of parts, outside of different sheet metal for the body.

Cost is not really a huge concern.
>>
Just do a facelift. Replace the front bar and headlights and shit.
>>
>>16387697
I thought of that but I'm pretty sure every body panel is different. Just the windows and window trim I think are the same.
Even though the fenders look similar, I'm pretty sure they're different.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNsjQCBPUe0
Damn this is hot, though.
>>
File: RTX155GM-628x330.jpg (18KB, 628x330px) Image search: [Google]
RTX155GM-628x330.jpg
18KB, 628x330px
>>
>>16389920
hi
>>
>>16387775
You could probably just weld some of the mounts and bend the front quarters to fit. It might look a little Frankenstein-ish tho.
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (216KB, 575x793px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
216KB, 575x793px
mazda did sell rx3 in the states
>In 1976 the Series 3 RX-3 was released in US and Japan
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_Grand_Familia#Mazda_RX-3
>>
>>16394037
I said the S124 in particular.
I guess they did sell them, but I'm having a lot of time finding them when I can find the older models.

Apparently there's only a few hundred of them left in the USA. I guess I'll have to call around junkyards.
>>
Alrighty i own a '77 Mazda 616/Capella with a 12a so let me go all mazda sperg here

>>16387693
Find an 808 Coupe or an RX3 coupe in the US as they seem much cheaper over there than in Aus/NZ/Japan and visual inspections on old mazdas is a MUST. these things are honestly pieces of shit and will rust/rot away at the first sign of weather. Do not trust anyone is rule #1.

>>16387775
Nosecone is replaceable as are the taillights and thats pretty much the majority of the external differences between 808 and RX3 (and badges duh) - there is some specific details (exhaust cutout different size, different trim spec etc) but only mazda nerds will notice this.

1/?
>>
>>16394718
Next question is what sort of motor do you want in the thing? I assume you aren't a penis and you actually want a rotary as anything else is sacrilegious. The original 10a or 12a (dunno what your country got) are pretty much bin-tier as parts are expensive and very very rare, coupled with the fact that the engine has also probably sat for a long time or has a billion miles on it indicates that it will need replacement.

In my opinion, a 13b bridgeport w/ Weber 48ida carb would be perfect - its fast, noisy and period correct so yeah win win. You can go turbo but it gets complicated quickly and at the end of the day its a tiny old japanese car with steering/suspension design from the 70s.... it will become undriveable without big $$$
>>
>>16394730
Get ready to pay a lot of postage for parts from Aus, in fact get ready to pay a lot in general for almost everything. These cars are very rare and sought after and as such prices for mundane parts (genuine badges/steering wheels/even glass in some cases) can be astronomical. DIY is a must if you wish to stay afloat unless you're loaded and enjoy wasting money.

There are lots of stupid little changeover parts that are poorly documented so always measure suspensions/brake components when ordering, do not trust the parts manuals or anything (trust me)

yeah have fun :^) its unlike anything on the road in my opinion.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.