[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stereo wiring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 2002-Mitsubishi-Eclipse_17401.jpg (211KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2002-Mitsubishi-Eclipse_17401.jpg
211KB, 1024x768px
So I'm trying to hook up the new stereo in my car that I got for Christmas. The interior lights go out along with my clock as I'm cutting off the old stereo harness. Come to find out it's the 12v live wire that I cut. Last person who wired the system did a shit job so I went from wire to wire with a 9v battery to figure out which speaker was what. Also used it to find my positives and negatives. I'm not getting any power from my 12v always live now but my ignition power is working fine. I can touch the two together when the car is getting power and it'll complete the circuit. Any advice from /o
>>
Never cut wiring. Always spend a few bucks for an adapter harness.
>>
You have to cut it so you can put the adapter harness in you dillweed.
>>
>>16385284
Nah, you can cut wiring, just know what the fuck you're doing and use connectors that are easily available when joining them.

Best regards did electronic work on commercial vehicles.
>>
>>16385284

Not the head unit wiring. The factory wiring. Buy an adapter with the octopus of wires, a heat gun, iron, and shrink tubing.
>>
>>16385633
>soldering head unit wires
Retard.
>>
So no help here lol
>>
File: car-radio-power-plug-12V.png (16KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
car-radio-power-plug-12V.png
16KB, 500x359px
>>
>>16385805
You can just wire 12V from your battery through fuse and into your headunit and you should be fine
>>
>>16385270
>aftermarket radio
>cutting wires
you dun goofed.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.