[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Student Drivers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>you see a student driver
>there isn't a lot of traffic
so /o/, what do you do?
fuck with them a little, or make it easy for them to keep driving?
>>
literally nothing because im not 16
>>
Here they have to have an instructor on board, so
>bike: drop a gear and pass at wot
>car: drop a gear and spool tarbo, challenge at next light
>>
>>16383900
lets say you were 16, what now?
>>
>>16383898
Fucking with them makes their learning experience shit and turns them into shit drivers.
>>
>>16383910
where in the states would they not need to have an instructor? thats the whole fucking point of "student driver"
>>
>>16383915
not necessarily. it gives them a little scare, gives the instructor something to say in regards to shitty drivers. if anything it can help by getting them out of their comfort zone
>>
>>16383916
Well, i'm not in the states and here the only time those decals can be displayed is with an instructor on board and if the car has double controls, otherwise you'd have an unmarked car
>>
>driving to get to work yesterday
>behind a student driver going 3mph under the limit
>live in a snowy state but have clear roads and a warm day
After the second stoplight that I had to sit behind this clown I gunned it in second and zipped right past him in the right lane while blasting rock music out the window.
But I did signal.
>>
>>16383915
>>16383920
I rev them, because angsty teens wanting to race every stoplight are not ready for a license
>>
>>16383928
nothing illegal about that. This is pretty much the worst thing i do to student drivers, and it could've been prevented if their bitch-asses weren't going under the speed limit. when i had to do my student driving time a few years back i had a chill enough instructor who didnt care that i was going 5 over, because well, its 5 over and was safer because i was staying with the flow of traffic
>>
>>16383922
double controls? this is a thing?
>>
>>16383963
Yea the instructor has pedals
>>
>>16383898
overtake in a safe manner.
>>
honk to make them scramble to figure out what they are doing wrong
>>
>>16383920
>>16383931
A young driver? your points barely apply.
A young driver under training? You are being very counterproductive to their education.

they need to learn how to drive under normal circumstances. You fucking with them because they are learning is not normal circumstances.

They are also at a very impressionable point in their driving experience and willing to try different thing they see performed.

If they see you "revving" next to them or other stupid shit. they may attempt at that since thats what they saw performed and they may pay dearly for it.

At no point should you be "comfortable" being behind the wheel because being comfortable makes you lazy and being lazy makes you either "cheat" or make mistakes. and driving a 2 ton metal box at 50mph and making a mistake? it can be very costly.

You should be in control but never comfortable.
>>
>>16383898
Assess what stage they're at.
If they're still hesitant and dawdling, pass ASAP.
If they're not, then patiently follow at a proper distance until they turn off.

>>16383963
Where is dual control NOT a thing? The instructor has a brake and clutch pedal, for safety.
>>
File: hm.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
hm.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>16383928
>not blasting Eurobeat
>>
Slow down and give them room. Expect them to do something completely unexpected.
>>
>>16385357
That plus runaway asap
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.