[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found a lovely old vehicle on craigslist Id adore. Problem:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (13KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 206x244px
I found a lovely old vehicle on craigslist Id adore. Problem: guy says he didnt buy it with a title.

Any way to replace a title? Never fucked around with that sort of thing. In Texas.
>>
cant you call the DMV when its open?
as a rule of thumb its a pain in the ass
>>
>>16379089
It took me 5 seconds to google this you dumbfuck

http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/bought-a-vehicle-with-no-title

fuck off.
>>
He's trying to sell it to an idiot. Don't be that idiot. Find another car. A car without a title is basically worthless.
>>
Easiest way is to use it as a parts car i.e. get a car that's completely destroyed but has a title and transfer all the parts from the car without the title onto the vin plates from the titled car.
>>
This goes one of two ways.

way 1 is you are able to get the title.
You are then responsible for paying any back taxes, ownership fees, anything that any of the previous owners did not pay the DMV in the past decade(s) since registration dropped. This can be more expensive than the car itself.

way 2 is the car cannot be registered.
The title on the car comes up as stolen or salvage or something like that, in which case all you can use the car for is a parts car. your best bet is finding one that actually has a title, or use the current car as a parts mule and get a different one that you can swap the shit over to.
Or you can scrub the VIN off the car and swap directly, which is rather illegal.
>>
>>16380559
Unless it's stolen in which case the original owner receives a call.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.