[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LONG TUBE HEADERS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: lth.jpg (355KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
lth.jpg
355KB, 1200x900px
So I've got a few mods on my 2014 mustang (cold air intake, bigger throttle body, axlebacks, tune) and I'm considering taking it to the next level by installing long tube headers with a catted x-shaped midpipe. I've heard they can give you up to 30 RWHP and increased torque, which seems like a nice jump despite an overall estimated cost of about $1500 for the product and shop installation.

My concerns:
1. I live in New York City. My current cold starts are already pretty loud with the Borla s-type axle backs. With headers, I'll probably set off an alarm. If I install resonators, do they take anything away from the air flow (and, in turn, power gains?)

2. How does it effect mpg? I know, I know. Gas mileage and performance shouldn't be in the same sentence. However, this is my DD, so I'm curious.

3. Would it make more sense to just ditch this idea and save up for a procharger kit + install (this would run about $7000+) -- the only thing holding me back is that my car has 55k miles on it. I don't know if a procharger would be worth it.
>>
How many cylinders does your mustang have?
>>
>>16376031
It's a V6. Bought it from my friend for 10k with 45,000 miles on it and a clean history.
>>
File: cuomo-jumbo.jpg (187KB, 1024x626px) Image search: [Google]
cuomo-jumbo.jpg
187KB, 1024x626px
>NYC
You are a cuck. You ruin the rest of New York with your cuck regulations. Please die.

Sincerely,
Upstate New York
>>
>>16376043
Don't waste anymore money on it. If you want more power sell it and buy a 5.0
>>
>>16376043
turbo that bitch
>>
>>16376049
I want the S197 coyotes (particularly '13-14 models) to depreciate before I consider buying it. I figure that will happen in 2018 with the new mustang retouch. Right now, A GT with a good history/mileage would run me 10-15k with the trade-in. Plus shit mpg with all the stop/go traffic (I already get fucking 12 miles to the gallon here) and bumped insurance rates.
>>
>>16376028
I remember you from a prior thread. You're really gonna want the engine to breathe better if you're gonna introduce forced induction. So saving for a procharger will likely involve upgrading the exhaust. As far as the mileage on your car 55k is literally nothing.
>>
>>16376070
Then I would just enjoy the car as is, save the money that you would be using for mods towards your 5.0 fund
>>
>>16376070
Your tune and driving habit has a lot to do with the efficiency of the vehicle. I have a total of3 mustang sin my house, a 10, 14, and 88. All of them I have multiple tunes to choose from on their respective handhelds. You may currently have a race tune selected instead of a street tune.
>>
>>16376079
But I'm power-hungry and want to continue killing G37's and 335i's with ease :(

>>16376073
Hmm, you're right about that. I would probably have to get headers down the line anyway...

>>16376089
I run it on an 87 performance SCT tune. It gets 24 highway and average of 12 in the city. It's pretty shit (although I do WOT daily) However, I've heard 5.0's usually get 17 highway. I always thought those to be V12 numbers... it's pretty bad.
>>
If you want a good power increase out of the 6 then you need a power adder.
>>
>>16376104
2014 6ers have the added benefit of packing 300 hp at the crank bone stock. So if you're game for the challenge then upgrading your current vehicle could be interesting. The Only thing, is the torque that the larger engines provided
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.