[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to buy a truck, but I literally will only use the bed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Ford150-vs-Ram1500.png (908KB, 1200x627px) Image search: [Google]
Ford150-vs-Ram1500.png
908KB, 1200x627px
Looking to buy a truck, but I literally will only use the bed of it once in a blue moon (camping or helping friends move or maybe pull a boat if I ever buy one). It has to be 2013 or newer, and I'm not willing to give up my sporty acceleration I'm used to. What are my options? Are they all the same?
>>
Burban
>>
craptor
>>
>>16375630
Dude if you can get the RAM R/T then get it you fucking nimrod. You'll be the fastest truck blowing the doors off every shitty truck out there
>>
>>16375665
ignore this retard OP. The Ram R/T has nothing over a normal Ram except it's 2WD only.

Just get any V8 power truck and you should be fine.
The Chevy Silverado/GMC Sierra is the most reliable with a 5.3L V8
The F150 is next most-reliable. Get it with the 5.0L Coyote. Avoid the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 models. The gas mileage may be better, but they have a tendency to blow the turbos as soon as the warranty is up.
The least reliable truck but also the most innovative is the Ram 1500 with the 5.7L Hemi V8
>>
>>16375630
Nissan Titan 5.6
>>
Honda Ridgeline
>>
get this bad boy
>>
>>16375708
2.7 L ecoboost f150, or Silverado 5.3 L are both acceptable and reliable vehicles. dodge is unreliable as fuck. Dunno about newer model years though
>>
>>16375779
The 2.7L Ecoboosts are still too new to know their reliability, but judging by the 3.5L variants, I wouldn't hold my breath. They're plagued by turbo problems.
>>
>>16375630
>buying a truck when you don't need one
Kill yourself. You could buy a boat and a truck if you got something older.
>>
>>16375630
The Ram but look for one with an 8speed trans.
>>
>>16375630
As long as you get a v8 and dont fuck with any airbag suspension, electric bullshit tablet dashboards youll have a truck that will last longer than youll want to keep it. Trust me im a mexican from texas, half the people in my family daily 25 year old chebby and dodge v8s with no more than an afternoon here or there or drunken maintanence
>>
>>16375867
Do the ones with the 6 speed autos have problems or are you just saying that for the mpg gains?
>>
>>16375881
The 6 speeds have a reputation for being very weak. They are about at their limit with a stock Hemi.
>>
>>16375630
I just bought a Ford truck and overall I am happy with the purchase enough to recommend it to others.

The interior and dash is all very cheap and seems to be a solid piece of plastic that is very prone to scuffs/stains/marks/etc..... but I imagine this is because these are work vehicles and it's very cheap to just swap out the plastics and pass it on to the next buyer.

I had the option to go with either the 3.5l ecoboost model or the standard 3.7l/v6. I chose to go with the latter mainly because I remembered that autist mechanics video on youtube about how all ecoboost engines are guaranteed to be fucked down the road

great power. easy to pass. accelerates great. only con is the fuel economy is SHIT. I am talking 12~ mpg tier for city travel
>>
>>16375630
My dad just got a '16 platinum edition f150. That thing is sexy as fuck. Just purely based on aesthetics though, between the Ford and Dodge, I'd go Ford every time just for ride and interior comfort
>>
>>16376752
The GM twins will be more reliable though.
>>
>>16376765
Lmao, gm reliable at anything. Stop shilling cuntboy.
>>
>>16376798
keep laughing as I drive by you with my 5.3L V8 while you're on the side of the road with 2 blown turbos.
>>
>>16376809
#rekt
>>
Any new vehicle with turbos are going to be shit and blow themselves up eventually if you dont do an EGR delete
>>
>>16375868
I run into your family all the time at the junk yard. nice people.
>>
>>16376979
Lol you got me. That was my favorite spot to go with my dad as a kid
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.