[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /o/bi wan kenobi, you're my only help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: cr-v plug leak.jpg (152KB, 683x920px) Image search: [Google]
cr-v plug leak.jpg
152KB, 683x920px
2000 Honda CR-V with a B20Z2

I have an oil leaking from a plug of some sort that is located between the valve cover and upper radiator hose, just in front of the distributor. What is this plug, and is this something I can stop without pulling the valve cover. I'm planning on doing a timing belt in the spring, but I want to stop the leak between now and then.
>>
>>16375342
If you are willing to do the timing belt why aren't you willing to take the valve cover off?
>>
>>16375350
Because I don't want to buy two sets of gaskets if I don't have to.
>>
>>16375360
>get brake cleaner
>get silicone sealant
>totally strip all dirt and grease from around mystery plug with brake cleaner
>apply silicone around mystery plug
>let cure before starting engine
>????
>profit
>>
>>16375365
That's exactly what I was thinking, but like you said
>mystery plug
and I don't want to fuck anything up. This is my wife's car, and even though it's older, it's actually quite nice. We plan on keeping it for the next several years, if not longer.
>>
That plug takes 2 seconds to pop out with a flat head screwdriver. Your local Honda dealer will have one in stock for around $10-12 bucks. Pop new plug in and clean off old oil with brake cleaner. No more oil leak and maybe a blow job from the wife for fixing her car. Your welcome!
>>
File: Picture043-1.jpg (122KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Picture043-1.jpg
122KB, 1024x768px
majority of people will call that a cam seal. non-vtec replacement is easy. You can try and get away by not replacing the valve cover gasket/spark plug grommets/upper valve cover grommets.

Even if they leak in a week/month/year, shits right ontop and comes off fairly easy.

http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/threads/438996-Diy-Ls-b20-cam-seal-change
>>
>>16375342
cam seal. pop it out, get a new seal, pop it back in.
>>
I've done these before
Easy as pie
Flat screwdriver
Pop it out
Get matching part from dealer - only a few bucks
New one pops in - has 4 little feet that act as spring clips
>>
OP here. Thanks fellas. I've ordered the replacement part. I also saw that there's a billet aftermarket part available that is far more durable. When I do the timing belt this spring, I'll change up to one of those.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.