[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With the advent of self-driving cars, the auto industry is on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Hilly Rife tombstone.jpg (350KB, 1273x824px) Image search: [Google]
Hilly Rife tombstone.jpg
350KB, 1273x824px
With the advent of self-driving cars, the auto industry is on its way out.

RIP auto industry: 1890-2020.
>>
>new technology for car companies to capitalize on
>on its way out

perfect sense
>>
>Self driving cars
>Auto industry on it's way out

I.....what? You are literally talking about the advent of a massive new technology in that field then saying the field is going to die

If anything this is great because fucking normies that can't drive will stay tf out of the way. Imagine the advent of national autobahns with fast lanes for manual drivers in which the self-driving cunts are always in the right two lanes
>>
Cars as we know them will die. Tesla, Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft and Facebook cars will dominate the roads.

>yfw you will live long enough to see yourself become the boomer
>>
>>16375438
>not being the head of an illegal street racing ring that drives manual cars with diesel engines running on bootleg biodiesel made from roadkill
>>
>>16375317
I think there will be a short-term boom before the industry runs into trouble.

The emergence of autonomous vehicles, along with a perceived need to transition away from fossil fuels, means that we're probably approaching the highest-ever chance of "forced" retirement of most of the vehicles currently on the road, with the possible exception of some late models that can be readily retrofitted.

Obviously, something that dramatic would create a huge and sudden demand for new vehicles, and unprecedented earnings for the car manufacturers. Once the market is re-saturated, though, demand would plummet. The new-found "newness" of the average road vehicle, combined with an extreme reduction in collisions thanks to autonomous driving, would mean that the auto makers would need to operate at a much lower volume than ever before.

I don't see the big tech companies displacing the existing manufacturers, though. Instead, I think most of them will form partnerships with established manufacturers because it will get them to market a hell of a lot faster than building out their own supply chains and factories.

Buyer beware, your Facebook-Nissan autoshitbox will video-record you while you masturbate in traffic.
>>
>>16375701
Dude, this is pretty spot on and well thought out. Kudos.
>>
We lasted 130 years. Not too bad.
>>
>>16375543
>BEEN DRIVIN ALL NIGHT MY HANDS WET ON THE WHEEL
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.