[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This happened today. Was droving standard jeep stopped on the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1482610516977-1546934014.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1482610516977-1546934014.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
This happened today.
Was droving standard jeep stopped on the lights, couldnt shift gears after that.
Only shofted to reverse but then the car shut off.
Still dont know what happened am scared af for high costs of clutch.

Any help would be appreciated and on tuesday il let u all know what was wrong after a mechanic looks at it.
>>
>>16370186
sounds like a shot throwout bearing.
do you hold the clutch and keep your car in gear at stops?
>>
Clutch Slave or master cylinder failure; relatively cheap.
>>
File: Top_9850b0_5510614.jpg (68KB, 780x439px) Image search: [Google]
Top_9850b0_5510614.jpg
68KB, 780x439px
"So ‘running’, then ‘stop’.”
“That describes most breakdowns really. "

I can see nothing wrong with this picture. If it just stopped shifting gears with no sounds then you may have just broken some shift linkages or something. Does your clutch still work? Will it grind the gears if you try to put it in a gear with the engine running and your foot off the clutch? Did you notice anything before this happened. Did you drive away or get towed. Did you look underneath is everything just exploded. Like give us any more information than a picture of a shifter
>>
>>16370186
>jeep
Buying domestic and not expecting problems.
>>
>>16370210
UPDATE
Jr mechanic looked at it

And yeah i did what you said a couple of times
>>
>>16370347
UPDATE
Jr mechanic couldnt find anything tmw lead mechanic will come over to my house and look at it.

Tueaday we will take it to the auto shop.
>>
>>16370347
a couple of times probably won't do it, so it might be something else
good luck anon
>>
>>16370234
Ok.
Jr mechanic looked at it while it was parked in a plaza.
I barely got it to the plaza from the road. If i keep pushing the shifter up to first the car moves but very slowly.
Jr mechanic says clutch is not engaging.
When i came to a stop on red lights thats when this happened. I stopped then attempted to change gears at green light and it wouldnt happen.
I heard no no noises before that.
I tried putting it into reverse but it starting crrrcrrk.
>>
>>16370355
I lied didnt want to sound stupid. For about 40km i think i was doing that alot.
>>
>>16370364
i feel hurt because you lied to me online on 4 chan dot org

please apologize you have hurt my feelings
>>
To >>16370368
Date: December 24, 2016
Subject: Apology for lying

Dear Anonymous poster,

At 4chan standard time of 12/24/16(Sat)15:53:12 on post number >>16370347 I lied to you.

I will be better. I will not lie again, so long as my life is not in danger.
>>
>>16370382
thank you
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.