[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Replacing my 900s

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: DSC_0171.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0171.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>pic related: my current car

My car's time is running out and I've only got a good year left at most so I'm looking for a car to replace it with.

I'm into the aesthetic of 80s/90s cars and mostly hatchbacks. Cars that I've seen that I like are:

2/3rd gen Suzuki Alto
Toyota Starlet kp61
Honda City Turbo II
2/3rd gen Toyota Supra
1/2nd gen Toyota MR2
Bugeye Subaru WRX Wagon
Saab 9-2x Aero

The car has to be manual and while its not a huge deal I'd like it to have more than one airbag so a newer car is probably where I'm leaning. I live in Canada so winter driving is unavoidable and I am fine with going to the USA to buy a car. My budget is around $5000. Right now I'm leaning towards a 9-2x Aero but since its basically a WRX I'm looking at those too so if you have any info on buying WRX's that would be appreciated.
>>
>>16366106
>1/2nd gen Toyota MR2
>no Fiero on the list
You can get a hatchback for the Fiero using the rear glass from a Datsun 240Z.
http://www.fierofiberglass.com/Product%20Pages/Hatchback.html
>>
>>16366144
That looks really nice. I don't know much about Fiero's but are they reliable? Would they handle fine in the winter?
>>
>>16366192
They're no worse than MR2's. The Fiero is generally known for reliability. The 2.5L Iron Duke 4 cylinder, despite making 93 HP, was known for being indestructible, and most aftermarket for the 2.8L V6 evolved because of the Fiero.

Engine swaps are common in the Fiero community with everything from high revving quad 4 4 bangers to big small block Chevy stroker V8's. I've even seen a Ford Taurus SHO V6 swapped into one.
Fieros were also more heavily produced than MR2's, almost 380,000 Fieros as opposed to 330,000 MR2's world wide (including Mk1, Mk2, and Mk3 cars).

The big sticking point for a lot of people on the Fiero is the suspension. 1984-1987 cars used a front suspension shared with the Chevrolet Chevette. 1988 cars got a completely bespoke redesigned suspension which has long been rumored to have been developed by Lotus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_fqWQzpzlU
>>
>>16366106
Please get the Saab. Post pics
>>
>>16366221
pics of?
>>
>>16366218
I'll keep that in mind while looking, thanks for the advice and videos!
>>
get a viggen. torque steer isn't so bad if you put a rescue kit on it. you could pick up a used one and a kit for under your budget, mine handles fine in the snow. but I agree the 92x is awesome, eventually mod it to a STI92x.
>>
>>16367032
read the OP. he's leaning towards a 9-2X Aero.
>>
>>16366106
Why can't you fix it?
>>
>>16366106
>Not keeping the Scandinavian masterpiece you posted and putting some love into it
>>
>>16367332
>>16367053
It's on the verge of 325,000 km and I don't have enough knowledge on how I wold go about revitalizing that. If I knew what to do I would love to fix it up.
>>
>>16367032
Actually my mom is replacing her viggen convertible so I might be able to get a hold of it. I haven't driven it much so I don't really have a feel on it but if you say yours handles well in the snow I'll try to make that happen.
>>
Plymouth Horizon
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.