[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there something out there that will give me the projected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Is there something out there that will give me the projected value of a car in the future?

e.g. I have a 2014 jetta. I want to know what it *might* be worth with X miles in 2018
>>
>>16365384
No.
>>
>>16365384
About 50% of the msrp new assuming perfect condition.
>>
>>16365384
Yes, check '10 prices with your expected mileage.
>>
>>16365384
Look at past values for a comparable car.
Like pick a 2010-12 jetta with similar options and see how it depreciated with time and miles, a '14 will most likely follow the same pattern in the future
>>
>>16365433
>>16365421
Is there anything out there that currently projects this or am I going to have to do it manually?
>>
>>16365447
Aren't there car magazines out there with market values for new and used cars?
Where I live we have those and they sort them by year and mileage.

Or you can call your insurance (they have all the history of all market values of most cars) and ask how far a jetta of 20XX year depreciated after X years or X Miles
>>
>>16365447
>look up past Jetta
>look up how much it went down after a few years
>assume your jetta will do the same
>done

Wow that was so hard
>>
>>16365384
>Is there something out there that will give me the projected value of a car in the future?
Past values were obtained from sales statistics plus adjustments and normalizations for available quantity. Since sales statistics are also influenced by buyer perceptions, your request for future values have a lot of uncertainty.

You can make rough estimates as mentioned by others in this thread. But they will not include quantity normalizations nor changes due to buyer perceptions. Manufacturers can also issue another generation of vehicle which has a significant non-linear improvement. When that happens, older car models can have a larger than expected drop in value.

As for the future, you have to think about discontinuities. For example, there are some significant law changes scheduled for 2020 and for 2024 relative to electric vehicles as well as automation-assisted driving and self-driving vehicles. That is significant to you because YOUR 2014 is in the size-competition range of a number of those vehicles.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.