[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/o/ This is your final test.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: image10-620x465.jpg (76KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
image10-620x465.jpg
76KB, 620x465px
>1926 Ford Model T
How would you restore this masterpiece?
>>
>>16365134
sell it to someone that cares and buy a Supra
>>
I wouldn't because I haven't got a clue about these sorts of things.
>>
>>16365134
its only worth 20-30k so no thanks, sell it as scrap
>>
>>16365139
this, expect i'd buy a good car
>>
>>16365134
Aren't these things shitty with backward ass controls?
>>
>>16365134
LS swap it
>>
>>16365134
Restore it to it's original glory, except modify an Iron Duke or AMC 150 to go in it without changing the body/frame.
>>
>chop at least 4" off the top
>rotary swap
>stanced wide rubber on modern wheels and suspension components
>LCDs and LEDs galore for the interior
>>
Plain-Jane restore and donate it to a museum or something along those lines.
>>
>>16365134
>How would you restore this
I wouldn't
>>
>>
File: i267895.jpg (43KB, 720x400px) Image search: [Google]
i267895.jpg
43KB, 720x400px
go full Chip Foose on it
>>
>150,000$
>NO LOW BALLERS, I KNOW WHAT I'VE GOT
>ran when parked
>custom wheels
>my loss is your gain
>wife says I have too many toys, must go
>>
Sell it to a boomer because I know what I got

Buy thirty corollas

Start the corolla racing league
>>
>>16365134
Sell it to some boomer, try and make pic related instead, but with a V8.
>>
>>16365514
Are you the same guy from the other thread with the strange obsession with fucking Tercels?
>>
>>16365514
I'll also sell mine and donate to this man's cause
>>
>>16365134
Put a v8 in it, make it RWD and go drift.
>>
>>16365997
>make it RWD
It already is though.
>>
>>16365134
Take the tub, put it on a Chevy S10 chassis, put a 350 GM Smallblock and TH350 on it, a Ford rear end, C5 corvette front suspension, and toss the rest of it in the scrapper.
>>
>>16365134
>restore
I wouldn't. There were millions of them made. If I got ahold of a Model T, I'd hot rod it. Not like it's an exceedingly rare car.
>>
File: Ford_Model_T_Bucket_Hot_Rod_(2).jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Ford_Model_T_Bucket_Hot_Rod_(2).jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
why would I restore that garbage
>>
>>16365514
kek even boomers don't want those.
>most of the old folks who would want those are pre boomers.
>A lot of them cant drive any more or are in the nursing home or dead
>>
very carefully
>>
>>16365134
That thing is in too good of shape to restore. Reassemble, it, get it running, and drive.

If it's been restored before, keep it and drive it now and then. If not, sell it for stupid money.
>>
>>16365134
Either swap the tranny engine and all thoe other goodies from a model A or just trade it for a model A.

Disk brake upgrade for sure. Maybe an electric conversion, but that sounds like it would end up being unfinished I know what I got project.
>>
>>16365134
Don't try to jump it with 12V. If you bend the armature on the starter drive have fucking fun trying to straighten it back out. Make sure to have the timing retarded if you try to crank by hand don't go killin' yourself.

Have fun, a model T is a super simple design that with a little love and care will be quite the cute collector's piece. You can go on tours with old fat boomers, and talk about the good ol' days as you go 26mph down country roads with your shit brakes, constantly leaking oil, and body roll.

Don't use a fiber timing gear either. Especially if you are going to keep a generator on it, or install an alternator.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.