[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /o/ what's up with this meme car?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Ok /o/ what's up with this meme car?
>>
Volvonium
>>
File: DSF1933.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DSF1933.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Thinking of buying one 2bh. Those factory tires are skinny as fuck though. I hope you can mount smaller wheels for more meat without colliding with the brakes. Pic not entirely model related but meat related.
>>
File: large.jpg (44KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
44KB, 600x400px
>>16364811
>MFW when it's been meme'd so hard people are actually gonna start buying these shit boxes
>>
>>16364820
>shit boxes
But they're great.
>>
>>16364820
Volvos are great RWD shitboxes, something which is getting harder and harder to find with every passing day.
Thankfully I already got mine fur a couple notes before the meme tax kicks in like miatas have
https://youtu.be/vOXBSWdpmns
>>
I used to work in a Volvo dealership about the time v40's came out. Old 850's coming in where a a glorious break from the modern Volvo shit.
I need to buy a T5, such good memories.
>>
>>16364899
850 is FWD with optional AWD (which in turn wasn't available on the R, only only the 190-something hp 2.5T) though. Doesn't stop it from being awesome however. It's a highway runner, not a corner carver.
>>
>>16364923
I'm obviously not talking about the FWD models...
I have no idea why anybody would buy those desu.
>>
>>16364920
My 850 has a recall out for it's fuel tank so I have to take it into the Volvo dealer. I have to wonder what those mechanics think working on that old box. The dealer is also a Subaru dealership.
>>
>>16364931
Well the 850 is the easiest to tune, and I mean if you really wanted too you could take the RWD parts of the AWD system and make yourself an epic RWD Volvo 850.
>>
>>16364945
>take the RWD parts of the AWD system
That's not how it works. All the driveline parts and differentials are only laid out for a certain load, especially on FWD based AWD. You can't just run the entire power to the add-on rear parts.
>>
>>16364957
Where there's a will there's a way, and a shit ton of money
>>
>>16364964
I guess you won't have to entirely hack up the floor pan if you wanted to fit the drivetrain from an actual RWD Volvo, but I doubt it'll get any easier from there. And at that point you might as well just drive the 960 in the first place.
>>
>>16364945
>>16364957
Just rip the entire trans out and put in a RWD engine and trans, wouldn't be that hard if you got a welder and a grinder
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.