[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Future of cars and racing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_4.png (522KB, 738x489px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_4.png
522KB, 738x489px
so, probably we are going to have our entire fleet of automated robots in the future

but is cars fans faded to a dark future?
Autoracing (with Auto Autoracing) will be a thing?
>>
I love how that car looks as soulless and lifeless as the mindless drones who will buy it
>>
File: 28347.png (372KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
28347.png
372KB, 640x370px
>>16364002
>>
>>16364002
>the mindless drones who will buy it
This is a completely baseless accusation and you should know that.
>>
File: 1407902459664.gif (204KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1407902459664.gif
204KB, 500x375px
>>16364007
>>
>>16364017
Nice argument you got there, pal.
>>
>>16364000
Self-driving racing cars are already a thing

http://roborace.com
>>
>>16364024

the thing here is traditonal racing (the fun of Racing is the inprevicility of Driver, a AI driving a car doest have such fun)
>>
I'm still hoping for racing that's remote piloted so that cars could have suction fans on the bottom and much larger engines so that they could turn corners at 200mph and go through insane g forces that would otherwise kill someone
>>
>>16364105
>watching the equivalent of slot cars that go stupid fast and barely slow down during corners

Oh wow, so much fun indeed
>>
>"Guys look, this will be the future."
>it never becomes mainstream
>people forget about it
>people fine something new to hype
>"Guys look, this will be the future."
>>
widespread acceptance of self driving cars is not in the near future.

Racing will be changing but all of autoracing is not going to be a mirror of what some retarded politicians in California want.

Formula E and Roborace are probably going to be the extent of top tier electric/automated racing. Also, roborace isn't going to be the equivalent of setting two identical Uber cars to the task of reaching the destination first. The whole point is that teams can change the behavior of the computer driving the car. They are going to generate a heug amount of data for the benefit of the car driving public.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>16364202
Just like the hype for personal flying vehicles seems to have died out since the beginning of the new millenium.
>>
>>16364202
well but auto cars are almost here... its something that is already here, is not like flying cars
>>
It will come to fruition sooner or later. Tbqh I would probably buy one just for commutes but still keep fun car for weekends.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.