[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mechanic Schools

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

Where should I look for the best mechanic training in NJ?

I've done 3 years in biomedical engineering and have an associate's in computer science but I can't afford university anymore. Have taken to working on my 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee and saved $5000 so far. I've also been hacking the car using a $15 OBD2 interface to get that gas guzzling bitch up to 30 MPG. She's a problem child and mechanic training will at the very least save me thousands even if I don't become a mechanic.

Anyway, fuck curing cancer. How does one get into this Mechanic shit?
>>
>>16354851
have a bump friendo :^)
>>
>>16354851
dunno lol
>>
>>16354851
Inb4 pic gets deleted.
>>
>hacking the car using a $15 OBD2 interface
An OBD2 reader won't let you flash the firmware. You can't fool us.

Go to community college and do the Automotive Tech course.
Alternatively, apply as a lube tech and work your way up.
>>
>>16355365
starting as a lube tech is literal cancer. Better to learn at a local community college like you said and then just apply what you learn to your car at home. Get your SXX or whatever the main mechanic certification is and then call around and ask if any mechanic shops are hiring or if you can show up and show that you're competent and quick at diagnosing issues and fixing them without fucking up and costing the shop money. It's one thing if you forget to torque your rear brake caliper back down on your own car, another if you forget on someone else's car. Honestly I just came to see more of that great breasted woman.
>>
File: 1470590502213.jpg (45KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1470590502213.jpg
45KB, 500x479px
>>16355585
>He torques his brake callipers to spec
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.