[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

help?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: toyota_mr2_blue_34h.jpg (81KB, 640x508px) Image search: [Google]
toyota_mr2_blue_34h.jpg
81KB, 640x508px
situation: mr2 5sfe engine slows and accelerates rough in 2nd and 3rd gear.

the car idles and revs fine, the temperature reads fine, and first gear runs good as far as I know. I think 4th and 5th do the same but not as badly, dad said it's only 2nd and 3rd. I tried Google and my situation wouldn't exactly match up, what do /o/? what should I check for? tune up?
>>
3sgte convert kgo
>>
>>16352076
Maybe your cat is clogged. Decat that whore.
>>
File: 1455264040800.jpg (276KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1455264040800.jpg
276KB, 2048x1365px
>>16352143
I wish I had $3k cause my engine is currently at 291k miles

>>16352147
will check, thank you. how would that be gear specific though? or maybe it's more like higher speeds is worse?
>>
Change spark plugs to good oem like. 5sfe are known to be very picky about spark plugs so do your research. New leads, change the cover and rotor for distributor as well. Tighten the slack on your accelerator/clutch as well if possible.
>>
>>16352402
thanks, will do. funny thing is that I recently replaced the spark plugs, rotor, and tightened the clutch/accelerator cables recently. it's night time so I can't check at the moment, is there any spark plug brands I should look out for or avoid in particular?
>>
I always wonder about 5SFE motors... Part of the timing belt procedure was to change an O-ring and seal in the oil pump, but tons of mechanics/shops/idiots skipped that part. Lots of 5SFEs out there with oily bottom ends and poor oil pressure as a result.
>>
>>16352490
now that you mention it, my dad said that the "mechanic" said that the car only needed to be re timed? But in that cause, wouldn't idling be rough as well? cause my idle is smooth and ignition seems fine as ever
>>
>>16352202
why is there a minnesota license plate in the mr2
>>
>>16353550
Wouldn't hurt to get it checked, and depending on the engine/timing setup you might only notice that the timing is off while it's under load
>>
>>16352076
https://youtu.be/iJDqEZygi1Q
>>
>>16352490
That's a result of shit engineering
>>
do you guys think it's the TPS? I replaced it from an mr2 at the junkyard and I noticed that the further I push the throttle, the less the engine goes
>>
>>16355754
update: ran with TPS unplugged, no difference though I noticed my exhaust manifold glowing red
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.