[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Family car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Have a newborn and my 2013 corolla is pretty small. Any suggestions on what to get? Been looking at the prius prime and the mazda crossover.
>>
>>16350600
Your kid is a newborn. Your Corolla's back seat will be adequately spacious for 10+ years. Just keep it, you're going to have plenty of financial woes without financing a newer car.

For what it's worth, my sister hauls 2 young kids around in a Corolla that's older/smaller than yours, and still hasn't had any problems.
>>
15 passenger V10 4x4 Econoline
>>
File: Mazda-CX-5-2017-ig.jpg (353KB, 2160x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Mazda-CX-5-2017-ig.jpg
353KB, 2160x1200px
>>16350600
The Prius is pretty cool, but it only has 4 seats so that's probably a no.

The Mazda on the other hand seems like a pretty good choice.

New CX-5 interior and exterior are amazing
>>
>>16350600
>having kids
>driving a corolla
You dun goofed.
>>
>>16350687
Leaning that way, with so many trucks in Arizona it is preferable to have a higher vehicle. My corolla can barely fit the car seat as is and it's hard bending over to put him in.
>>
>>16350696

Let the Corolla serve you well for now. It has child seat LATCH points and is relatively safe. Just drive it and save for future expenses. You will need cash in the bank to deal with having young children.
If your wife tells you she's expecting again, start saving more to replace the Corolla in a couple of years.

Anybody telling you to buy a new minivan today is a moron and doesn't understand expenses of a young family. Buy when you reach the 3rd kid it's time to start planning for something larger.

I like the Prius Prime for what it is, but honestly the fuel savings will never pay for itself and you have kids to take care of. Put the money into your checking account to deal with all the unexpected stuff that will come up.
>>
>>16350600
Why not stick with the corolla for several years until it's flaws really become apparent and you know exactly what you need in a family car and commuter before your wife makes you buy a cuv and you don't say no because the stress of being father is already too much for you and now you don't want to get into a fight with your wife and realize that just maybe, you made a mistake getting married.

Have you considered any hatches or wagons?
>>
>>16350600
Mazda6
>>
>>16350687
Plus, parentanon, this car will be a lot more fun to drive than a boring prius. Still gets good empeegees, but it has plenty of power and the Mazda's driving dynamics is always on the sporty side, even for a crossover.
>>
>>16350754
>My corolla can barely fit the car seat as is and it's hard bending over to put him in.
Rear-facing kid seats don't fit very elegantly into much of anything that's not a van/mini-van.

On the bright side, your kid will be sitting upright/forward before you know it, and then you'll most likely just leave the seat in the car. Easy.

If you're planning to go for more than two kids, start saving now to buy an Odyssey when you're expecting #3.
>>
>>16350687
2016.5 lowest package comes with a 5 speed manual that the reviewers all say make it a lot of fun to drive.
>>
>>16350600
Prius isn't going to be any better than the corolla. The upright days make it hard to fit a rat facing seat. I have a 2016 Mazda 3 hatchback and our rear facing seat barely fits.

>>16350652
I am not very familiar with the Corolla but I would not be able to use my mazda for a long trip with a baby. It is impossible to fit 2 adults, the baby seat and all of our stuff in the back.

>>16350763
LATCH isn't actually safer it just makes installing the seat easier. They are nice but most cars don't have LATCH in the middle seat which is where I like to put mine.
>>
You won't be travelling much with a newborn. If your corolla's trunk is big enough to fit a stroller, then you don't need a larger car.

t. driver of an Astra station wagon and father of a 4 months old child
>>
>>16350600
Protip: nobody needs a crossover. Ever. Especially not for one fucking kid. Get the Mazda 3 hatch or the Honda Civic hatch. But honestly you really should just keep the Corolla for now.
>>
Yes please help halt the crossover trend and make our streets safer by picking a smaller vehicle that isn't unnecessarily tall or large for its designed purpose of ferrying a family of three.

Just get a Subaru wagon.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.