[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Volvo V70R

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: b6854225.jpg (212KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
b6854225.jpg
212KB, 1600x1200px
What does /o/ think of a Volvo V70R? found one for ~7k with 117k miles on it for 6k nearby and kind of want to check it out.
More concerned with aftermarket because sleeper and I already have a DD.
>>
>>16350549
>7K
checked the ad again and it's more like ~6k (6,450)
>>
>>16350549
they are garbage cars. not even joking. electrically they are absolutely fucked.
>>
>>16350549
>automatic
>>
>>16350571
What are some good AWD cars you'd recommend instead?
>>16350575
This one has a 6spd manual tho?
>>
>>16350583
Odds of that are highly unlikely. Manual ones are rare as fuck. If you're not going to keep it stock, don't buy it.
>>
>>16350590
Go back to riding the fucking bus.
>>
electrical nightmare. computer on wheels
>>
>>16350593
If you buy a unicorn it's up to you to keep it pristine and preserve it.
>>
>>16350676
not really.
>>
>>16350690
Then kill yourself. You're a immature boyracer and the v70r is too good for you. Just get a normal wrx or Sti or G35 and ruin that.
>>
>>16350721
okay, I'll go buy it for 6,450 and sell it to you for 7 even. If you can't afford that you can't afford a say in what I do with my money.
>>
>>16350549
faulty electronics
fragile fwd-biased awd system
expensive aftermarket

if these are not your problem, go buy it, but for the buck you can definitely buy faster and more reliable cars

at least when you crash you know that swedish steelâ„¢ will keep you safe
>>
>>16350746
I dunno man 300 HP and 300 tq for 6k with AWD and low miles is kinda hard to beat in the current used car market
>>
>>16350549
It's a VR MT with Atacama leather? Shit that's rare.

I drive an '07 S60R and it's okay. Haven't had any major problems yet, luckily.

Stay away from '04/'05, get '07 if at all possible, as Volvo worked out a lot of kinks over the years.

The angle collar gears were particularly prone to failure in those years, which knocks out the AWD system. A differential electronic module failure can knock out the AWD system and the oil pump. The AWD system is beefier with automatic transmission models, for some reason.

Another other major failure point is cracked cylinder linings, which can happen even with an unmodified engine. It has something to do with cylinders overheating, which is more likely to happen if you increase boost, but can still happen stock.

The turning radius is absurd and will make you look like a fucking moron whenever you're parking. Three point turns become 5 point turns. What should be a quick dip into a parking space feels like turning a yacht. And stay away from parking garages with tight spiral ramps.

You'll only feel the engine's power when it's cold out, because Volvo used a tiny intercooler for the turbo that is prone to heat soak. A front mounted intercooler solves that problem, and it looks like the car in your pic has it. But that also means that the previous owner probably tuned it for more boost, greatly increasing the chances of engine failure.
>>
>>16350549

People that have them like them. I like the old bricks.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.