[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Toyota 4-Runner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: craigslist.jpg (223KB, 1010x685px) Image search: [Google]
craigslist.jpg
223KB, 1010x685px
Thoughts on purchasing this?

>http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/5904911845.html
>>
>>16348994
If it is the Sr5 I'd grab it. The 4 cylinder ones are really slow.
>>
>>16348994
>we welded and fixed it

Who welded? Where are the repair documents? You don't have them? oh.... I'll give you 1800 cash for it right now.
>>
Echoing above. Sr5 trim is worth it. I live in CO, and that's a damn good price. Make sure it's 4wd, and the transfer case works, both high and low range. Double check the rust repair, sometimes people botch it badly.

The 3rd gen 4Runners were the last really good gen. Great weight and size for off road, with decent stock approach angles. There's an ok aftermarket, but they suffer from Toyota Tax.

I'd buy it if I was looking for one.
>>
Go for it.
>>
>>16348994
Basically this guy gets it>>16349108

But honestly man, if you're looking for something with 4WD for the winter, this is a pretty good deal.... They'll run forever.

You could throw a two or three inch lift on it no problem... Offer him 2250, see if you can get it for 2500
>>
>>16348994
I drove a 4runner in Vegas and liked it for the most part but it was fucking SLOW. I don't know if there was some weird economy setting on it or what but it was a pain in the fucking ass to get up to 90mph to pass someone. Outside of that, very comfy car that was good for the desert terrain. Only thing I didn't like was that retarded ignition/key-switch bug that happens with the steering wheel every now and then (only 4runner owners will get this)
>>
>>16348994
Check for headgasket status (ie look for chocolate milk under the oil cap)
look at where the rear diff meets the 3rd member. if there is a shit ton of oil on the fuel tank and the frame and pretty much everywhere then the pinion seal needs replaced.

its only really worth it if its the 3.4l sr5 v6. get him down to like 2500 if not lower.
>>
>>16349738
i mean where the driveshaft meets the 3rd member im retarded
>>
>>16348994
Lowball the fuck out of him.

Frame damage should mean that this has a salvage title, but they're claiming it doesn't.
>>
>>16348994
Don't. Buy a cleaner one.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.