[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lads how fucked am i wat do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (79KB, 361x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 361x640px
lads how fucked am i

wat do
>>
Is your rust bucket just sitting on its rotor on the ground?
>>
>>16346357

Remove broken wheel studs...install new wheel studs...done...
>>
>>16346364
no, its lifted up with a jack stand as back up
>>
>>16346357
remove brake drum cover and bang out the broekn studs

usually you pry out the cover from the back but spray WD-40 on that shiet
>>
>>16346371
everywhere i look these assholes on youtube are doing this in shops with air tools

can i do it in the driveway by hand in winter New England weather?
>>
>>16346372
Try to get that rotor pulled off then by the power of god remove your studs using what little remains.

Pb blaster. Lots of it
>>
>>16346357
Pull the rotor off and replace the studs. I've replaced 6 studs on my tacoma because theyre soft as dog shit and will snap if you dont use antiseize.
>>
>>16346376
I think thats a disc bro. Look at what used to be a caliper on the right.
>>
File: wkh-chapter12-image001.gif (6KB, 475x221px) Image search: [Google]
wkh-chapter12-image001.gif
6KB, 475x221px
>>16346357
Weld nuts on, literally
>>
File: MEME FACE.png (39KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
MEME FACE.png
39KB, 321x322px
>>16346391
>mfw you're right
>>
>>16346391
>>16346432
The disk is off. Most cars with disk brakes have a drum brake hiding behind the rear disks used mainly as a parking brake. No car comes with a hydro e-brake straight out of the factory but hell, that'd be MAAAAAAAAAAAAD
>>
>>16346357
just buy a new hub and new studs.

fuck even bothering to get them out desu

>>16346456
the disc is right there u dolt
have u people never seen a 1 piece rotor before.
>>
>>16346357
Did you by any chance come into advance auto on Sunday and try to get 5 new studs and lugnuts?
>>
>>16346456
keep on digging, see what else you can pull out of your ass.
>>
File: Pic-9.jpg (88KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Pic-9.jpg
88KB, 1024x768px
go to the dealer/junkyard/jobber and get new studs, knock out the little remnants of wheel studs, remove rotor and install new studs? Could probably do it with c-clamp and a socket, or just gun them in from the front.

>>16346394
wheel studs aren't threaded in usually, they're splined in from the opposite side with a flare so you physically cant pull them out.

>pic related
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.