[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DO MY BRAKES NEED WORK?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: BRAKS 1.jpg (2MB, 4632x2444px) Image search: [Google]
BRAKS 1.jpg
2MB, 4632x2444px
Sound happens when I brake while in motion. Do I need to service? Pic related.
>>
>>16345116

Maybe some greasing, and lubing. Pads a bit scorred. run some sandpaper on them to remove those streaks, and clean with brake clean.

Did the drum come off easy, or did ti stick?

check the auto adjustment spring/tension. they can get rusty, or lock up, and not adjust correctly.

sqeeking is usually on release. just lube up any pivot points.
>>
>>16345129
The drum came off like fall off the bone ribs. I'm not getting squeeking on realease, I'm getting a "thud thud thud thud" sound while pushing the brake down while the car is in motion.
>>
>>16345129
What grit would sand it with?
>>
>>16345145
Does your brake pedal pulsate with the thuds?
>>
>>16345194
No, it functions well still. Just sounds as if the brakes make a rubbing sound every second as I brake.
>>
>>16345210
And you narrowed this down to the rears, how?
Its a thud thud thud noise?

Check, and make sure all components are secure. nothing should wiggle, or have any play.
>>
>>16345225
Cause the sound is coming from the back, only happens when I press the brake down.
>>
>>16345260
Sounds like something is loose.
check for wheel play, check tie rods, check joints.
>>
>>16345270
Ok I'll go check. Another thing, the sound only happens in high speed, you wont hear it in low speeds.
>>
>>16345210
>rubbing sound
that's what brakes do m8

make sure everything is tight. every bolt in that entire area, including all the links behind the drum. then adjust the shoes.

measure the circumference in different areas and make sure it's round, although if it was out of round you would feel it in the pedal.
>>
>>16345290
I looked everywhere, all bolts are on tight, could it be a wheel bearing you think?
>>
>>16345210
looks rusty
install new pads and use brake oil on the rubbing parts
>>
>>16345116
m8 you got plenty of meat on the brake pads. Everything looks okay. It could be that your drum(s) are warped and need to be cut in order to be straight again.

Otherwise that's what ABS system does, especially braking at high speed.
>>
>>16345145
>check the auto adjustment spring/tension. they can get rusty, or lock up, and not adjust correctly.

This. Those pads don't look like they are making reliable "braking" contact with the drum. They look like they are barely getting contact and the least bit of out-of-round on the drum could cause the clunking because they don't have the clamping force to stop it.
>>
brake shoes look good, just need to adjust the tension. Most brake drums are self adjusting but you should try adjusting them a bit tight
>>
>>16346164
>>16346130
>>16346121

Do you guys think I should get new drums after making sure its the adjustment?
>>
>>16347523
They're dirt cheap to replace. Couldn't hurt...

Another option is to take them to a brake shop and ask them if they'll turn/shave them for you. They might charge you something like $20 bucks or say "don't worry about it and just tip the mechanic."

Keep in mind removing material raises the propensity for warping in the future.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.