[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2003 Buick LeSabre heating issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Titties.jpg (196KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Titties.jpg
196KB, 960x960px
Hey there Autobots. Got a LeSabre that won't kick out any hot air.

>Dipshit put coolent in your system
>Got it, thanks
>Your thermostat is stuck open bruh
>Nope. Already checked it. Radiator hose gets toasty warm and temp gauge works perfectly.
>So it's either your heater control valve, a junked up heater core, or a bad actuator

So I don't want to tare apart my dash to get to the actuator. I wanted to rule out the other two possibilities first. Problem is...

1.) I can't locate a heater control valve.
2.) My heater core hoses do not warm up at all.

So if my heater core hoses are cold, while my radiator hose is hot, what does that mean? Is that a bad thermostat then? If so, why would my temp gauge be working?

Girlfriend's tits for help. Thanks.
>>
Is this a trap?
>>
>>16338669

OP here.

When I say I can not locate the heater control valve, what I mean is that when I follow my heater core hoses back from the firewall, I do not see any sort of valve or regulator on either one of them. That's why I am so puzzled.
>>
>>16338671

No, just a dumbass who knows only knows things about cars because of Youtube.
>>
>>16338669
post more of "her"
>>
>>16338669
If neither heater hoses are getting hot then it has to be a bad valve
>>
>>16339955
Well, a clogged core would do the same thing since there wouldn't be any flow.
>>
>>16339987
No, one hose would be hot, the other cold.
>>
flush the system perhaps then start replacing parts
>>
>>16339987
i'd unclog her core with my hose and let the water flow if you know what i mean
>>
>>16338669
Plugged heater core. Pull hoses off and try to back flush with a hose. And pray.

Also I had a water pump turbine grenade and it seemed a kit like clogged heater core. Can't remember if radiator or return hose was hot but I was surprised when clean water went right through heater core.
>>
>>16338669
I got you, OP.

My Dodge ram stopped blowing any hot air recently, so I did the following:

Disconnect your heater core hoses from the water pump and run your normal garden hose through one end with minimal pressure increasing steady. (Make sure you don't go over 10 PSI)

reverse the connection and keep doing so until you get all of the gunk out. When you're done try and also clear your AC drain.

If that doesn't work, try and bleed your cooling system of air.

If no luck, you have to go into your heater core, sorry bro.
>>
>>16340000
No because there is no flow dumb shit
>>
>>16340000
Not if there's no flow.
>>
>>16340022
weak flow, not no flow
>>
>>16340033
Weak flow would heat up both tubes and the core. It would take a long time to get hot but both tubes would be same heat (more or less within what you could judge by feel) because an equal amount has to go out to let more in. Same reason completely clogged means both tubes are cold.

Now stop moving the goalposts and realize you're wrong.
>>
Im guessing you have the mighty 3.8L? There is one, sometimes two air bleeder valves that need to be opened while filling the cooling system to remove any trapped air in the system. The heater hoses that run in and out of the core are the highest up and therefore have a tendency to hide a few air pockets. You can google where they are located.

If you still can't get heat, then like anon above stated, flush your core with a garden hose.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.