[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying a new car.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (8KB, 287x175px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 287x175px
So work has been good and I've decided to knock a bullet off of my bucket list of being the first owner of a new vehicle. I've narrowed my choices down to either a Honda Civic or a Toyota Camry or Corolla.I am not a "car person" so i came to ask you all your opinions.

Some notes:
1. You are free to put in your suggestion for a different vehicle but I would only appreciate responses regarding the three cars i listed.
2. Just cars please I will look at a truck later in life.
3. I am not worried about the car having a bunch of extra stuff, for example, a turbo. Just looking for a commute car and any additions I can probably add on later.
>>
Don't but new I've done it thrice and always regret it. If you want to try new. Just lease it because once you buy it and don't end up liking it you will hate the car and every payment you put on it.
>>
I recently bought a new Civic EX-T and it's pretty great so far. I fill up once a month, and I came from an '04 cavalier with 194k miles so the tech included is pretty nice and conprehensive for the price point.

People have said you've had major issues with the infotainment system but I've had none.

The turbos got decent power for an econobox and it's a pretty nice package all together.

Might also look at the Mazda3 but I couldn't get past the tacked on screen.
>>
>>16337859
Why didn't you stop buying new after the first ended in regret.? Sure, give it a second chance....

But why in jeebus's name did you buy the third time?
>>
>>16337814
Any of the three are good choices and will last till you die.

Between corolla and camry, the camry is definitely nicer and says you have a job and are not just buying the cheap option. Lots of people in their early 20s with corollas because they're cheap. Camry is more of a grown up car.

The bigger question is who are you and who do you want to be?

Also, which version of the civic....there are tons..
>>
Thank you all for the informative responses.

>>16338050
Honestly didn't look that much into it. Sedan hatch back with no turbo if that is any indication but I shall do more research on the different types.
>>
>>16338036
i would assume anon meant 3 different models
>>
>>16338067

You sound like a faggot
>>
>>16338094
>>16338036

>Different models

I'm sure the anon got that, he's saying it's stupid to fall for NEW 3 times if you didn't like it.
>>
>>16337814
I like the new Civic over the Corolla.
The Camry will be bigger and more comfortable than either though, but it comes with a higher price tag.

I'd go for the Camry if you're just commuting with it since it'll be the comfiest
>>
>>16337814
A turbo is not "extra stuff", its part of engine design.
>>
>>16338036
I moved to a new truck from a new accord sedan and got 0% interest. Second was for my wife after an accident. I was horrible with money (nword rich).
>>
>>16338280
i don't see why it's buying "new" that's the issue here. That's his budget and it was just a matter of not liking the car in the end and getting buyer's remorse.

if he bought used with the same budget it'd be the same issue, the only difference is that there's $5000 down the drain instantly but I see that as a price for a car's virginity
>>
>>16337814
>I'm not a car person
So why are you here? These shitty appliances will all suit your needs fine. Also,
>buying new
>>
>>16338488
Why do you regret the purchases?
Just ended up not liking the vehicles? e.g. you'd regret the vehicles even if you bought used?
>>
File: 1481904631208.gif (2MB, 275x172px) Image search: [Google]
1481904631208.gif
2MB, 275x172px
>>16337814

>buying new cause muh bucketlist

Buy any of those vehicles, used, 2014 or less model year. Save yourself the depriciation.
>>
>>16339556
>>16339556
I just learned more about the cars and the enjoyment of working with them. Adding my own back up cameras and bells and whistles.

Cheap insurance.

Also new cars are just like old cars with cheaper interiors and all the new electronics can be added for fraction of the cost.

The only benefit I hit was I learned how to buy cars.

Just be a dick to the dealer they have no say on the price and don't let them waste your time because they will try.

Any month after the first 6 months you will see that money leave your account and feel a sting. I did even with 0 interest.
>>
>>16337814

If you end up with a Camry or Corolla, make sure that your sale price is at least $2,000 below dealer invoice.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.