[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New Cars Deter DIY'ers??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: belt_routing_sticker.jpg (39KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
belt_routing_sticker.jpg
39KB, 576x432px
Hey /o/, so I work at a shop, and I've noticed that newer cars don't come with information stickers like pic related anymore. It used to be that you pop the hood and you get: accessory belt routing diagrams, spark plug gap information, displacement, coolant and refrigerant info, etc. But I have noticed on all newer model vehicles I have worked on, they give no info whatsoever. Almost as if they DO NOT want anyone to service them. All info has to be straight from the manufacturer now. Anyone know exactly why this is?
>>
>>16334911
just works lol
>>
>>16334911
>information stickers

servicing any drive belt on an unfamiliar vehicle should probably be done with an actual service manual tbqh
>>
It's only useful if the belt completely fell off.
>>
>>16334954
>>16335006
Neither of your replies had any relevance to my threads questions...
>>
>>16334911
Yeah, it's pretty gay that they don't have the tags, but you can call your local dealership and get any info you need. As for things like the belt diagram that you need a picture, they'll email you the picture. It's not that big of a deal and they don't care to do it, so long as you talk to the parts department.
>>
>>16335006
>service manual for a belt
what?
>>
>>16335095
>lies, been told multiple time to send the vehicle to them. thank god for the chinks with mitchel, alldata, jpro, and ect.
>>
>>16335201
>chinks
>alldata

It's owned by vatozone, so it's all mexican and poo in loo.

And if you have trouble getting info from a local dealership, try somewhere else, or pretend to be working at a garage that buys parts from them regularly.
>>
>>16335218
No need to though, bought all the software for 100 usd. So that i rarely need to ask others for help. It boosted my flip rates on craigslist.
>buy car on cheap
>do some simple repairs in the free time
>sell car to cover for itself and parts with profit.
>repeat.
>>
>>16335295
I wasn't talking about car flippers with money for stuff. I was talking about regular car guys that own newer vehicles. And I'd love to know what software that you got for a one time fee of $100 that solves all your issues.
>>
>>16335295
For $100? Did someone sell you a pirated copy of alldata that anyone can download by torrents after a bit of searching?
>>
>>16335567
got a couple of diagnostic software tools, and yes vs me having to torrent the shit and hope it's not fubared by missing files or corrupted. Thing paid for itself already.
>>
>>16337709
Really? What's the software called? I only know of alldata.
>>
>>16334911
Just look at german auto manufacturer (i.e. volkswagon) when they introduce some new fastener standard and you need to buy a super expensive, one off tool, just to loosen one screw.

Main reason ill never buy a german car EVER.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.