[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TOYOTA GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: jimmysm1.jpg (224KB, 800x461px) Image search: [Google]
jimmysm1.jpg
224KB, 800x461px
>IS THIS ANY GOOD?

Celica 1.8 vvti

It's cheaper than 3 series e46 in my country.
Probably faster?
>>
>>16333366
I hated on that Celica for so long, and only in the past month realized I was wrong.
It is the first FWD Celica not to have an AWD/Alltrac/GT4 option somewhere in the world. Recently I met someone who owns one and it changed my opinion.

If considering one, buy a GT-S. It has a lot of room in the back for such a small car. Seats are comfy, manual transmission shifts nice and shifter isn't in a stupid place like the Matrix, typically cheaper than most cars of similar performance because the previous owner was probably a hispanic that beat the shit out of it.

The 2ZZ engine having a Yamaha designed head is more or less the successor to the 4A-GE and 3S-GE which is why I am waiting for a GT-S to pop up. The same engine was used in the third gen MR2 and the second series Lotus Elise/Exige (albeit the Lotus has a special tune)
>>
>>16333366
They're ok, it depends what you want. Almost certainly going to be faster or in better condition than a similarly priced E46
>>
>>16333501
>>16333508
thanks, I like to hear that.
>>
>>16333366
I dunno, it might be faster on a track, but a BMW would be a blast to drive. I'm not sure if you can even directly compare them. I think last Celica is more like a 3-door hatch (well, it is) that feels not terrible to drive. Don't expect it to be like Integra. Also owning a pre-Bangle BMW era in Europe isn't terribly expensive if the car isn't beat to shit. But if that Toyota is cheaper, than you might not be in those parts.
>>
File: image.jpg (144KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144KB, 640x640px
>>16333366
absolutely wonderful cars. very fun to drive, and they're very practical and reliable. that particular gen of celica was toyota's attempt at entering honda's market of "fun, practical fwd sport coupes with variable valve timing" and I'd say they actually surpassed them. I'd take one of these over a civic or even an RSX any day

I had a 5-speed GT for quite a while and I was completely in love with that car, but I unfortunately got hit by a drunk driver about two weeks ago. I'm currently looking to buy a GTS with the insurance money

pic related was my baby, rip in peace
>>
>>16333366

It's a well built car.
>>
>>16333580
>a pre-Bangle BMW era in Europe
They are all beat to shit, parts are impossible to get for an E30 nowadays
Besides, the modern comfort of a 2000s BMW are simply not present on old ones
>>
>>16333721
I dunno, you can find parts easily in my slavshit country. Besides, he said e46, those are perfectly comfortable (just like e36).
>>
The GT Celica is faster around autox courses than the gts because to get anything out of the 2zz you have to rev the shit out of it. Either one is a good car really.
>>
It's good. An RSX is superior in just about every way, though.
>>
>>16333706

Sorry to hear about your ride man.. Hope u find a great model soon!

>>16333712
Im really turning more towards japanese cars. I loved BMW's but most of those are expensive considering reliability and chassis issues on e46's and the car has become a meme in Europe (my parts) where everyone who wants to be a badass buys an old bmw. not to mention the stance scene might as well be named BMW scene.

I like modified cars but I like it because u are different and standing out. No one stands out in an old BMW on bbs anymore. ITs too overdone.Fuck that.

This celica tho is much much rarer and better value for money. Plus I honesty like the sound of its engine more than anything BMW produced thats under 5k now.

Design is timeless too.
>>
>>16333945
not for the price though. they both suffer from rice tax, but an RSX will always be more expensive. so yes, a few more horses than the celica, but is it worth splurging thousands more for?
build quality isn't exactly top notch on the RSX either, they're known to have faulty transmissions and lots of interior rattling. keep in mind honda's quality control was starting to decline during this time
the RSX is great, don't get me wrong, but they're definitely not superior in every way, the celica will always be the better bang for buck in terms of build quality and power
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.