[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CR-Z

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: resize-image.jpg (43KB, 1076x605px) Image search: [Google]
resize-image.jpg
43KB, 1076x605px
Tell me, is it dead for real? Someone said they might bring it back with a more powerful engine in like 2018, but is there any basis for that?

As far as I've heard it's dead for real. Which sucks, because it's a great idea that was executed horribly. Why make a Honda that's so anemic, that doesn't rev high? 5.5K. MAX. Fuck.
>>
>>16331031
It's deader than shit. It was pretty much bad at everything. Worse fuel economy than some non-hybrids, low power, 2 seat. There was literally no redeeming feature about this car other than carrying the broken spirit of the CRX.

A few people did some cool stuff like a difficult K20 swap, which is what this car deserved in the first place, but otherwise it was super forgettable. I hope they tighten up the styling and bring out a turbo version with some kick to it.
>>
>>16331031
No it's dead. Nothing like it has been spotted testing in the wild. Honda might give us some sporty Sxxxx model though
>>
>>16331031
Every honda made recently is a soul sucking lunchbox that makes no power.
>>
The fucking understeer this thing had stock should be a criminal offense
>>
Why couldn't they just attach the Hybrid motor to a K20? It would actually have the best of all worlds!
>>
File: 1335293769096.jpg (104KB, 613x533px) Image search: [Google]
1335293769096.jpg
104KB, 613x533px
>>16331031
I don't really understand what their target audience was for this thing

It's a 2 seater with no real cargo space, so it's limited to people who either work white collar jobs or are having a midlife crisis and want an extra car, but can't afford a real sports car. Okay, that's a reasonable start, and it looks pretty cool in terms of styling with the kammback design.

But then they go and give it a hybrid powertrain, and not even a good one, my fucking pigfat Sonic Turbo has faster 0 to 60 AND better highway fuel economy.

What kind of fucking hybrid doesn't even get 40MPG highway?
>>
>>16331063
As someone that almost bought it it's trash. hpd wasn't able to sell it with it's 10s 0-60 time before we added a supercharger,
my local dealership didn't know that honda made a supercharger for it.
I didn't bother to run the numbers since they didn't know there was a surcharge available.
>>
>>16331031
It's a nice looking commuter that can be fun, you are retarded if you expect it to be fast. They are DIRT cheap, some anon has a supercharged one here. Not a bad car at all especially when used. Going to buy one for like 9-10k with under 50k miles
>>
>>16331165
>Fast
It's not meant to be fast, that's not what I'm arguing about.
It's not FUN. All they had to do was make an economy car that was also FUN. Like Hondas usually are. Responsive, high-revving.
It's not fun when you ask the car for more and it refuses to give you any. It doesn't behave like a sporty Honda should. That's horseshit.

Who cares about its 0-60 or laptimes. They had one fucking job and they fucked it up.
>>
>>16331165
For 11k? Why the fuck should I buy this when I can have a decent shape 350z? If you're coming from the economy angle, economy can be had for much less.
>>
>>16331180
well, it has a manual which is a surprise for hybrid vehicles or any car that gets the same mpg's.
>>16331181
because the 350z for 11k will have at least 100k miles and would have been abused, ever think of that kiddo?
>>
>>16331194
No I didn't think of that because I'm not a cuck. A fast car like the 350z is worth taking care of so who cares about a bit of miles.
>>
>>16331209
>A fast car like the 350z is worth taking care of so who cares about a bit of miles.
tell that to 80% of the edgelords that own em
>>
>>16331194
>well, it has a manual which is a surprise for hybrid vehicles or any car that gets the same mpg's
Look, I like that.
It's what originally drove me to the car. I like a lot of things about it.
But I can't forgive what it is.
Its MPG is good, but not hybrid level.
It's engine feels weak and gets really old after a while.
All for the things it's trying to do have been accomplished by other cars that are significantly better in certain areas.

The only way it has any objective worth is in a bubble where you HAVE to get a car made from the years 2009~2016 and it HAS to be a hybrid.

But we don't live in a bubble. Older, better cars exist, and we can access them, and in that sense the CRZ has no value.
>>
>>16331031
>mfw I almost had a CRZ

The Veloster appealed more.
>more interior room
>peppier
>more natural interior layout
>driving position 2mm higher
>more dealer incentives
>no hybrid batteries
>>
>>16331070
>mfw when I can buy a Civic with 180hp
>>
>>16331031
it revs higher than that. a bit over 6K. if you stick a fit cam in it, it will rev a bit higher. fit cam + diff airbox = 25more hp and better mpg to boot.

Still love mine, its my daily "dont give a fuck" beater, got it brand new for 19.5 out the door. 6mt, and will keeep it till it rots out from underneath me.

What it really needs is a front diff, but ill be damned if im dropping a grand on my shitbox.
>>
>>16332983
>paid 20k for a car and calling it a shitbox

That is not what that word means. CR-Z is a shitty car, but not a shitbox.
>>
>>16332983
Cite me some prices for thoss modifications
>>
File: kitty kot.jpg (209KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
kitty kot.jpg
209KB, 1200x1200px
>>16332983
>he paid $20k for his shitbox

LMAOING @ your life choices famo
>>
>>16334698
You sound.... really fucking poor.

Seriously. Is a 20K Honda some sort of aspirational vehicle to you?

>>16334686
Fit cam can be had for a couple hundred. Install is free if you arent 'tarded.
>>
They fucked it up so badly it's mercy to let the piece of shit die. How the fuck do you take a hybrid with VTEC and make it slower and get far worse gas mileage than its predecessor from 20 years ago with a petrol engine? The fuck.
>>
>>16335060
>Install is free if you arent 'tarded
I really hope hope by 'tarded you don't fucking mean "ignorant of serious engine maintanance know-how", cause in which case fuck you.
>>
File: image1.jpg (513KB, 1829x1034px) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
513KB, 1829x1034px
>>16332983
>hot air intake
>fit cam
Literally worthless, if you're gonna mod this piece of shit go full retarded like me or go home faggot.
>>
>>16335084
>TRIGGERED
You're a literal retard if you can't figure out how to do an OHC swap in a single cam engine.
>>
This car is what would happen if toyota made a corolla(fwd) called the ae86 instead of financing the toyobaru.
>>
>>16335118
Alright, nice posturing.
It doesn't hurt to at least have a little honesty outside of the the cursory elitism thing. Doing your own oil change is easy, that any retard can do, for example.
However, Engine maintanance at the very least requires actual research if not experience. Not saying it's overly difficult, but don't make people think that everything is a walk in the park, because that's just going to make poor gullible kids think they should be able to do something they don't know anything about and ruin their engine.
>>
>>16335179
>cam swap
>engine maintenance
Okay
More importantly 99% of the time shit like this can be found in a guide or youtube video. This isn't the era of haynes manuals and hoping your uncle can help you out.
>>
>>16335279
Give me how high yur CRa-Zy piece of shit revs, I haves to know
>>
>>16335320
Not the dude who did the cam swap.
>>
>>16335448
Well damn, now I'm curious.

If you're out there dude, tell me. If it increases from 6k to 6.25k, then that's stupid.
But if it increases to like 7K, then we can talk

I say this as someone who is desperate to find some good in the CRZ. I was dead set on buying it until my friend (who was annoyed with it after the test drive, unlike me) told me to drive his '99 prelude and give it hell. I understood why the CRZ is shit then, they can't compare. After testing an RSX, I was only more convinced.
>>
Even Toyota realized that the Prius had little appeal as an economy car in the world of $2 gasoline in the US, so they took it upscale with better options, better interiors, and longer E-range.

Honda really needs something to bridge the gap between hybrid shitboxes and the Tesla. Make a TLX hybrid with 120 miles of E-range, 0-60 in 7 seconds in full power, and a luxury interior, for $45K.
>>
>>16332075
>tfw it's so pigfat from safety regulations that it needs 180hp to make it up a hill
>>
>>16331067
Likely not based on the S660. Most of Europe and the Americas is like a solid 6 inches and 50 lbs bigger on average than your average Japanese car buyer, and the S660 is a kei car.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1280x782px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1280x782px
Honda should make a 2 door Fit Type-R variant
>>
>>16335575
The S/C is literally the only saving grace of the vehicle, and even then it pulls a measly 185 whp. The stock rods actually break once you reach around 200 whp. Also the fit cam does not increase the redline to 7k. I think the hybrid recharging system actually fucks up if you push the redline/limiter a little past 7k.
>>
>>16335646
It just sounds fucking pointless man. All that money sank to make a car still not perform nearly as well as other stock cars.

I fully believe that hybrid technology is a great idea for fun fast cars that perform well and get good fuel economy, but the CRZ is just a disappointment.
>>
>>16335646
So what? Supercharger and aftermarket CM, where does that bring HP and revlimit to?
>>
>>16336078
>CM
Cam
>>
>>16336078
>Supercharger and aftermarket CM, where does that bring HP and revlimit to?
Your question doesn't make any sense. The S/C with their tune is around 185~. I don't even think the GE8 based cam increases the redline but rather opens up a little more power on the bottom end of the powerband that they purposely restricted for fuel saving purposes as the hybrid battery would compensate. Bisimoto makes or made custom cams at one point but I've never seen any numbers or info on them. Regardless you still have two problems, the hybrid recharge system breaking and the rods breaking.
>>
>>16338018
Utterly not worth it then. Thanks for the info. Still no reason to get it unless you're determined to get a hybrid.
>>
>>16338056
Yeah, I really regret my buying it. I got it used thankfully with low mileage and a decent price, but still. For me, I used to own a first gen CRX when I was a kid, so seeing a successor brought back all kinds of warm feelings. I didn't know shit about cars then either. They're good looking little cars, have a good manual transmission, and are well suited for driving in a city or tight environment like I have to. Sadly there are things out there that do all of that better.
>>
>Hybrid engine that gets worse MPG than lots of non Hybrid cars

It wasn't even dead on arrival. It was dead two minutes after conception

Only redeeming quality is that it looks kinda cool and that's it. If they added some sort of not-shit engine inside it and pushed their marketing of the car as a true successor to the CRX, the sales would have been a lot better

Local honda dealer near me can't even get these things off their lot
>>
>>16331568
>hyundai
>>
>>16335639
they dont want a fit can beat a civic.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.