[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Random Epilepsy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 12485378822.jpg (56KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
12485378822.jpg
56KB, 720x540px
Hey, just thought I make a thread about this here.
My life recently decided to fuck me hard, I had 3 grand mal seizures within a month. It all happend at home and caused no problems other than me biting my tongue.

I used to have a also 3 seizures in 2009, it was some time after I got my licence but before I got my first car. I got medication and never had a seizure again for years so I though I will never have one again. Docs said it was probably triggered by stress and lack of sleep. The meds worked great and I stopped caring about it.

In 2013 I got my first car. I figured I can drive alright, this wasn't even against the law at this point.

I learned to love driving, it became be a big hobby of mine and I devoted a large part of my life around it.

Now I can't drive anymore because I have no control over the seizures and also can't feel them coming. 99,9999% of the time I am a completely normal person and not retarded in any way, I avoid drugs, alcohol and try to get somewhat regular sleep, I am not weird in any way other than randomly dropping and having fucking seizures for no good reason other than my life likes to fuck me. It happend 6 times in my life so far. I am 28, and now I have to fuck around with public transportation. I will probably lose my job becasue of this too.

What would you do?
Ask me anything if you want.
>>
Sorry to hear this OP
>>
>>16329570
You might want to take up sim racing as a hobby with your car and gas money. Driving IRL seems too big a risk. I hope you can get those seizures cured someday opie.
>>
>>16329570
>Docs said it was probably triggered by stress and lack of sleep.

Bullshit, that is just what they say because that's the easiest thing they could say. Go see different doctors.

Honestly just drive a car, and hope that when you get a seizure in your car you will wont crash and you can go about or you die in the process.
>>
>>16329935
do autocross or soemthing and always have a passenger with a kill switch??
>>
>>16329570
Sounds like you can use a Toyota, friend. You should check out the 2017 Tacoma they have pretty good offers until Jan 31st. Check out www.toyota.com for more offers and conditions.
>>
>>16329570
go check your magnesium and calcium levels, vit D too.

supplementing Mg can help.
>>
You can still drive on tracks where it's safe to crash.
Also see a better neurologist. Something is triggering it you just have find out what.

Also what about CBD or a better med or preventative meds.
>>
Fellow shaker here
Get steady meds and emergency meds. They make eye drops and pills, and keep them in sight of people around you, I kept eye drops in a man purse with a red plus and the couple times I had them in public it saved my ass from dying.
Once you're steady and you get a few eeg/ekgs you should be good for driving, but it's honestly more of a safety thing for you cause if you have one while driving you're pretty much dead. Wait a few months for shit to sort itself out.
After I got steady meds, I drove without my licence without an issue but my doc told me basically I'm set to drive and it's under control
>>
>>16330247
>Fellow shaker here
Sorry bud but I kek'd hard
>>
>>16330212
I will do that, thanks

>>16330227
Thats right. I will consider going to a track.
I have not tried CBD yet, it is probably to early since it looks like I could get stable again just like the last 6 years.
My doctors says we will change the medication if I have another seizure. I currently take 3000mg Levetiracetam ucb (Keppra) daily. It is the highest recommended dose, anything more won't do anything.

>>16330247
I'm afraid to let people know about my epilepsy. I heard they will start treating me like a insane person or like a baby and lose all trust in me.
I will wait for 3 months, as my doctor asks me to. If I have no seizure for 3 months I will drive again. It's really hard to not give in to the temptation and just get in the car real quick, public transportation sucks so much it's unbelievable. My last sizure was on december 7th, I hope I get stable now.
>>
>>16329570

Upside to this is you can claim disability and buy yourself a nice self-driving car when those come around.
>>
>>16331791
>I'm afraid to let people know about my epilepsy. I heard they will start treating me like a insane person or like a baby and lose all trust in me.

That is correct. Even the most liberal persons will become hypocrites and treat you differently relative to their other friends.
>>
>>16331791
>>I'm afraid to let people know about my epilepsy. I heard they will start treating me like a insane person or like a baby and lose all trust in me.

I just wouldnt want to be in the passenger seat when youre driving but other than that I wouldnt treat you diff other than that.
>>
>>16329570
my mom just told me the exact same thing was happening to my aunt while she was driving so now my grandmas has to drive her everywhere

try CBD oil its proven to stop epilepsy
>>
Ever try weed? I hear it works.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.