[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1999 Camaro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 7.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
Evenin' /o/

I'm not terribly experienced with cars and thought I'd get your advice. There is a '99 V6 Camaro for sale and I was thinking about picking it up. Does anyone have experience with these? Anything I should look out for?

Pic related, not the car I'm looking at but the same model. I think...
>>
>>16326216
Owned a 1998 V6, virtually identical minus the gas tanks and lack of TC.
>The 4-speed auto is a slog, the 3800 is an absolute tank.
>T-Tops are neat, but they'll probably leak a bit.
>The window motors like to die on them, but they're not terribly hard to replace.
>ECM might have a bad solder that will fuck with your radio and windows. That's a bitch to get out, but pretty straightforward to fix on your own.

All said, not a bad first car. It'll spin the tires a bit if you turn the TC off It has its quirks, but I quite liked mine.
>>
never late in a 3.8
>>
File: 1476317658560.jpg (24KB, 395x393px) Image search: [Google]
1476317658560.jpg
24KB, 395x393px
>>
File: 1442417006289.jpg (544KB, 1000x688px) Image search: [Google]
1442417006289.jpg
544KB, 1000x688px
>>16326216
I had an 00 with ttops and the 5 speed. I drive the piss out of it, literally stoplight racing sometimes. Not the fastest car. Heavy, but predictable steering.

Upgraded to an 02 SS and sold it, now I rarely have opportunity to drive as hard lol.

My ttops have never leaked, cracked dash and the 3.8 water pump are common faults tho. Water pump is easy enough replacement tho.
>>
I hate how much I love the look of these and the pontiac counterpart. Is something wrong with me or is it finally time they become cool again, at least ironically?
>>
>>16326216
Owned a '02 V6

Fast enough to have fun and you get the Camaro nameplate.

Cracked dash is very common
>>
I had a 2000 z28. It was my daily for a few years
Common problems I had that others listed
-cracked dash
-dying windows
-bcm solder issues
-4l60e not the best
But I loved that car and put time/money into it. Resoldered bcm (kind of a pain but not hard to pull)
Windows I dealt with
Bought used dash, easy to replace
4l60e took a shit, installed 3600 stall and shift kit. Loved it after.
Did suspension. Loved how responsive/tight it felt, was very stiff though.
Did bolt ons, better sound/feel.
The 3800 is a decent motor for the time and while not much by today's standards, it's not bad
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.