[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Simple question for car salesmen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 284
Thread images: 18

File: Car-Salesman.jpg (44KB, 550x266px) Image search: [Google]
Car-Salesman.jpg
44KB, 550x266px
I'm a (FUCKING) salesman.

I did pretty good my first two weeks. Sold 7 new cars.

Issue is, the people that bought from me were ready to pull the trigger the moment they walked in.

I spend 90% of my time working with customers that are fucking wrecks!

I swear to you some people come to the dealership just to smell the inside of a car that hasn't been urinated in.

They dress in their sunday best, puff out their chest, then in their most uptight James Spader in Pretty in Pink inflection, groan about how the new Lexus LS doesn't stay planted to the road the way a 7 Series does.

They go on and on about considering trading their Benz but "just don't feel like bringing it in" until we agree on price.

Then I ask for their credit so I can get their finance options and they come up with every excuse not to give it. When I present price, they immediately scoff and offer $12,000 less and pretend to have some Trump-sized balls and say "my final offer, take it or leave it", then I show them the door and watch them walk two lots over to get back into their 1996 Isuzu and putter on.

Please, salesmen, what is the easiest and quickest way to fucking SHAKE this information out of an up before proceeding to a test drive and demo?

If you're a price buyer, how do I know what price you want? They will always say "no no, payments no matter to me, price first", then I show them the sticker to a car before we even go for a drive, they proceed, and then cry about the price being $10,000 too much when we are through.

If you're a payment buyer, how do I know what you want to pay? I want to slap every stupid mother fucker that comes here and says they want to be at $350/mo. In what fucking world are these people doing their math? And then when I say "to get in that vehicle, we couldn't consider less than $950/mo, is this still feasible?" they nod, we drive, then they cry that I can't "split the difference" and get it to $400.

How can I stop wasting my time and kick the bums out???
>>
>tell them you can't do less than $1900/month
>split the difference
>still get your nine hundred and fifty shekels every month
>>
>>16321305
Ask for a credit run before the test drive
>>
It's all about smelling the bullshit as soon as possible. Like your example could have ended if you paid attention to the car they pulled up in. Second art is how to blow them off or when to just roll with it and see what happens. Because sometimes people do have a shit car and have been saving up for a new Lexus or are socially awkward/intimidated by the buying process.
>>
>>16321353
that shit doesn't fly. I've had customers that buy and didn't let me pull credit until they were signed on the price. If you push them like that, they scoff and go down the street about 4 miles and buy from our competitor.

>>16321357
some people are good, real good. One time I had a guy show up in a late model luxury SUV, dressed nicely with his wife too. He sounded no differently than any of our well-to-do buyers, until I took him inside after the test drive. He lost his nerve and his final resort to save face and not just admit he was out of his league was to offer about $6,000 below our invoice and say "final offer".

I just don't know how to qualify these people before going any further. NOBODY that I talk to ever has an answer. You can google sales tips all day and they answer everything EXCEPT this! It's the one fucking thing that can't just be passed around and learned!
>>
Why does any of this matter? Your job is to show cars to everyone that walks through the door. Do your job.
>>
>>16321886
That's a fucking lie. I watch the A-team (the 3 top sellers, averaging 25 sales per month) chuck people out the door all day. They make the best use of their time and don't dally around.

Somehow they can tell a scrub when they see them...

Also, you've never worked in a dealership if you've never witnessed this. I'm telling you, some people go to look at cars just to smell them and get attention. They feign disinterest and act somehow disgusted by the price, as if they had money and it was worth more than money.
>>
>>16322773
you're mad because people get to troll the shit out of you
>>
>>16321305
>Please, salesmen, what is the easiest and quickest way to fucking SHAKE this information out of an up before proceeding to a test drive and demo?
A good salesman just knows people. A great salesman, Dicky Fox, once said "unless you live everybody, you can't sell anybody"

I looked like James Spader when he and I was younger. I have never gotten dressed up to buy a car, why the fuck would you do that.. 90% of the time it's an appliance.
>>
>>16321357
I pulled up in my 2000 ford ranger rust bucket to purchase a brand new gmc sierra elevation loaded to the balls. The salesman they sent to talk to me said "haha this version is a little pricey for you lets look at this shitbox 2012 v6 work truck we have for just 25999" I told him I was set on the Sierra he said it's a beautiful truck but most likely out of my budget. I left and came back the next day and asked for the manager because I couldn't find the same truck within the province. He sent me to another salesman and the other guy watched me purchase a 47K(after tax and all)
>>
>>16321305
if your having trouble reading people, look at their shoes
>>
I fucking hate poorfag hagglers thinking god's gift to the deal. And I hate even more fucking Cigarette-and-a-tie sales droids that are constantly looking to fuck me.

My last deal I took my car to CarMax and got an offer on my trade. I then subtracted 7% from that to get the minimum I could take on trade (sales tax exemption in my state).

I looked up "invoice", added 2% profit, then found the car I wanted for my offer. I test drove it, OK fine. Then I took my offer, subtracted my lowball trade price, and said "My car, plus $xxxxx dollars, and we can do the deal. Go talk to your manager. " They countered with a higher figure, but it would then make sense to sell the car to CarMax. So we did the deal cash, I drove my trade across the street to CarMax and grabbed a check. 1 hour total time. Done.

I understand all the shit about incentives, holdbacks, special promotions and all that shit, so I know they are making good money. My offer was fair and hassle free, and they got the time to sell another "UP".
>>
Is it true that test drivers are not liable for any damages incurred during a test drive?
>>
>>16323456
Yes, unless you provide false information.
>>
You must work at a poor people brand dealership. Nissan?
>>
>>16323549
The word Lexus is literally in his post.
>>
>>16323562
Nissan?
>>
>>16323317
Your post is so needlessly convoluted.
Is English even your main language?
>>
>>16323571
That's infiniti.
>>
>>16322773
Why not ask them how? Indirectly, of course.
>>
>>16321305
I went into a dealership last week to buy a van and all the sales guys were so genuinely surprised and excited when I told them I wanted to buy it. I don't know what the fuck they were expecting. Yes, I came to a dealership to buy a car. What the fuck is so surprising about that you dumb fucks
>>
>>16321305
It's a balance. You have to be careful because you never know what someone has, but there are also clues. Watches, clothing and shoes are a useless indicator, as anons have mentioned. Watches you end up learning really well because a lot of really high end watches look like shit, it's not always as obvious as a gold rolex (which, btw, if you are selling ultra high end cars, the richest people tend not to wear because they've moved on to more interesting ones). But it's all just a tool.

I also judge people on how well they speak. Wealthier people tend to be well spoken because they could afford an education. It's also how they are put together, not so much the price tag of their clothing, but just if it is clean and not worn out.

Some of it is a feeling you get. I grew up lower middle class but in a really rich neighborhood (my mom was a nanny for a billionaire family), so I got the advantage of being USED to rich people and how they act and how they think. I've noticed salesmen that don't have this experience have a harder time telling the real buyers from the fakes than I do.

Again, I give you the warning that this is all just a tool and can't be a final judgement. I've seen people wearing ripped jean shorts and a wife beater half drunk buy 100k+ cars. But that's an exception rather than the rule. The key is to be kind to everyone, and to learn how to blow them off really politely and make them feel like they are getting blown off. You'll fuck up, and it happens. You have limited amount of time and you are doing your best, so just take your fuckups as learning experiences. But be kind and don't be the dealer that is like "oohhh this is more your speed" and shows them the shitbox.

t. highest grossing salesmen 5 years in a row in a Land Rover dealership
>>
File: IMAG1436.jpg (1MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1436.jpg
1MB, 3264x1952px
>>16321305
>>16321414
For fuck sake did anyone teach you how to sell? WTF man! Why do you let the customer take control of the sales process?

What I always did when taking the up back to my desk to gather their info (FIRST thing to do after greeting them is to get them inside and over to your desk) was explain how the sale would go down and ask if that was ok for them (i.e. info gathering, then product presentation, then test drive, then trade in appraisal, then numbers). If it's ok, then you bring it back up when they get fishy. If it's not ok there's the door. It's not worth your time, and trying to close 100% of your ups will leave you unemployed.

>>16322773
The A team doesn't get 25 sales a month by selling to ups goddamnit. The A team is there because they are either established and work off of referrals, or are spoon fed sales because they're friends with the owner. Since you are obviously not being spoon fed sales you can't be that guy. You need to establish a referral network YESTERDAY because people who deal with lot ups all day every day don't make it in your business.
>>
>>16323317
>selling a car to CarMax
kek you done got screwed, unless your time is actually that valuable.
>>
>>16323933
I know the dream team here is reaching into their bucket of 14+ years of referrals and repeats, but I watch people go to their desk and get shown the door in a matter of minutes because it's just not in their budget.

What's the best way of knowing their budget right away? Without being rude, how do you ask "what kind of payment did you consider for this $60,000 vehicle?" when they tell you "oooooh I dunno, why are we talking about it I wanna see the car first!"
>>
>>16323933
I know the process, I start with qualifying questions, but it will always go like this:

"And for a vehicle like this, everything you ever dreamed of, all the options you discussed with your wife, just the right color....you'd be able to take it home for $900/mo today?"
"OH WELL you know it comes down to if I like it, I can't say until I drive it!"
"Ok but $900 isn't out of our range for a vehicle like this?"
"No, er uh, well, what does it matter if we don't like the car huh? Why are we talking about this? Sure we can do your price if it's right but we'lol talk about that later!"

This goes two ways.

1. We work it out, second pencil deal.
2. "$900!!!??? Phew! Man I could do $400 with $0 down"
>>
New-ish to sales, can anyone provide tips on indirectly coaxing information out of buyers?
>>
>>16324363
Conversation. Come at something kinda roundabout and they'll volunteer more than you wanted. What info are you after?
>>
>>16324363
talk to them. Run far away from niggers and gangbangers.
>>
>>16324195
I mean, surely you require their insurance and ID before the test drive, just add the credit check in with that, it doesn't sound too difficult, or out of reason to gauge their qualifications to even look at the car.

"Oh, it looks like you're making 20,000 as head of the household with a wife and three kids. Maybe this $60,000 BMW X3 isn't quite up your alley, here's a great 2005 Toyota Rav 4 that is up to the task!"
>>
>>16324463
>*scoffs and leaves*

I never get why low income people want such expensive cars. Is getting something practical really THAT humiliating?
>>
>>16324463
a good salesperson doesn't need to run a credit check, you can get a good understanding, generally, of somebodies income and wealth by talking to them.

"what kind of work are you in"
"i'm a retail clerk"
"get the fuck out of here"

"what kind of work do you do"
"software developer"
"sweet"
>>
>>16324513
We're talking to a bad salesperson here, not a good one.
>>
>>16324509
Going to debt at all for a car is beyond me.

If you can't save up and afford you, you can't afford it.
>>
>>16323307
>if your having trouble reading people, look at their shoes

Works except for MANY small businessmen who dress blue collar and have buckets of money. I learned that at dealer auctions when guys who dressed like line mechanics pulled out wads of hundreds to buy in cash.
>>
>>16324513
I'm an engineer and they always think I make way more than I do. (good thing I'm a trust funder)
>>
>>16323596
>all the sales guys were so genuinely surprised and excited

You must think hookers love you. :)
>>
>>16324509
Practicality is overrated.You're poor and you're always going to BE poor so may as well just say Fuck It and enjoy something even if it is some crappy faux luxury car that's had five prior owners.
>>
>>16324535
They always try to relate to me by talking about their iphone or something.
>>
>>16321305
people like you dont last long in the sales industry

you see people coming in looking to buy a car as an """"""""""""""""""""up""""""""""""""""
>>
>>16324509
>I never get why low income people want such expensive cars. Is getting something practical really THAT humiliating?

I sold used cars and you need to know how important fronting is to low speed humans. I own fifteen year old trucks because I follow the example of my dealerbros, but poorfucks are PRIDEFUL.

If you don't have any deals you can sell them off your lot, make friends with a used car dealer who has popular nigmobiles and send him some business. It's all about networking. I wouldn't buy a German car if I hit the lottery, nor a Cadillac or Lincoln. We kept those in stock to sell to the boons and they were repeat customers.

BTW there's a legal way to take payments which reflect interest but are technically not. Say we have a $5K vehicle. It's an 8K vehicle over two years of payments. We set up the payment accordingly but since there is NO interest because we NEVER "finance" the customer still owes the agreed total even if they paid it off the next day. We make sure the down payment clears or is close to clearing our cost, and we tell the customer if they cannot make payments bring the vehicle back and we can "work something out" (to our advantage). We then work a deal for a cheap ride where our total real profit is even greater.

My boss had generations of extended families buy from him. He retired a wealthy man.
>>
>>16324541
> :)
Two points on your license, un4chanlike conduct.
Use an image next time, wanker.
>>
how much room do you guys actually have to move on a car?

i have a high 700 credit score and its only after emailing and calling two different dealerships to compare offers that i get them to actually give me money off and a lower interest rate.
maybe people would respect you more if you just say this is the price this is what i can do upfront instead of me taking the time to fuck around.
>>
>>16324588
Maybe people would respect you more if you financed your own money, or were capable of affording the car at the time of purchase.
>>
>>16324509
You don't quite understand. They aren't actually surprised that they can't afford a new LS, they're pretending to be offended by the price so they can walk out and make it look like WE lost the deal, not that they're broke.

I caught somebody in this once. I asked him about price and he said he would buy something for $53,000. I found one I could work with and said "look it's $3,000 under budget!" He stuttered and fumbled and said "yeah sure but I wouldn't pay $50,000 for THAT PARTICULAR car..."
He quit grinning and puffing his chest out, started getting nervous and moving too much, I told my manager "this guy's snowing us, just talk before I show him the door". When my manager didn't believe me, he made an offer for the truck the customer said he WOULD pay $53,000 for, and the customer lowered his budget.... He said he would take that same truck home for $45,000. Sorry sir, please get the fuck out.
>>
>>16324577
>BTW there's a legal way to take payments which reflect interest but are technically not. Say we have a $5K vehicle. It's an 8K vehicle over two years of payments. We set up the payment accordingly but since there is NO interest because we NEVER "finance" the customer still owes the agreed total even if they paid it off the next day. We make sure the down payment clears or is close to clearing our cost, and we tell the customer if they cannot make payments bring the vehicle back and we can "work something out" (to our advantage). We then work a deal for a cheap ride where our total real profit is even greater.

I don't understand the first part. Pay full interest price without it counting as interest? So tell them it's 0.0% interest?
>>
>>16324588
Not much. We lose our ass on at least half of cars. We make money on service.

Consider there are how many auto makers? Now how many of these competitors in a low-profit-margin market are willing to lose business to another company over a few hundred dollars? I may not make all of my MSRP, but if the difference is that I make $100 and earn a customer or $0 I'll take the $100 profit margin.
>>
>>16324588
In the same way you are trying to pay the least for a car they are trying to get you to pay the most.

They do generally get 'kickbacks' from the banks the partner with on financing. So more often than not the dealership would be more than happy to have you finance through them.

Want to save time. email or call them, tell them your credit score, know before hand what the lowest interest rate you can get will be, ask the the salesguy what price he will give you on the car if you finance through him at a rate in the ballpark of what you know your rate can be.

The salesperson is either going to give you a number or fuck around with you. If he is fucking around buy the car from someplace else.
>>
>>16324399
I know friendly conversation is the gateway to most information. I'm mostly looking at ways to determine someone's willingness to actually buy. I can pick up on verbal cues pretty well, but some people are more reserved and body language cues are more difficult in sales than other places.
>>
>>16324737
If they're at a car lot, they want one of two things, and potentially both if they can play their cards right.

They want to agree to the terms on a car.
And they might also want to test drive that 6-speed Corvette that's front and center.
>>
>>16324745
you let the plebs that are honestly not going to buy the corvette, drive the corvette? I know they are shitboxes but not as big of a shitbox as the rest of your crap
>>
>>16323771
>>16323933
>>16324195
>>16321305
I dress like I don't care, and was without a doubt the least classy dude at any dealer I go to. I pay cash too. Maybe its because I always make contact first and let it be know I will be making a 3 hour drive but I've never once been treated as anything less than a king.
>>
>>16324906
Calling ahead for sure helps. A sign you are likely really shopping and not just looking for something to do while you kill time on the weekend
>>
>>16323456
>Is it true that test drivers are not liable for any damages incurred during a test drive?
The dealer checks to see you have a valid driver's license and existing proof of auto insurance. State law requires that. But it is the dealer's insurance that covers test drives unless (as the other poster said) you have provided false information. If you damage the car and then try to make the dealer's insurance eat it, that is a crime and you will be charged with criminal fraud since you provided false information in order to obtain the test drive. This is probably standard in pretty much all usa states.
>>
>>16325188
You are right, but in practice the scumbags that provide false information have no money anyways so the dealership eats it. Costs more to go after them. :/
>>
>>16324737
OP here

Upfront I ask them "hey what're we doing today? Ready to drive something home if all sounds fair?"
"No just looking"
"What are we just looking for?"
"I'm thinking another sedan like my last one"
"Great, you know the new ones now come with four wheels and tires standard. Let me ask, how soon are we planning to make a move?"
>>
>>16321305
>tfw accidentally probably made a dealer feel like this the other day
I was looking to buy a FoST and found one with a day registration (6km on the odometer) at a dealership 30 miles away. Almost fully specced, nice color, €33k (MSRP was something like 38).

Went there, took it for a drive, talked to the guy afterwards for almost an hour, just trying to see how low he would go. Tried to get him down to €27500, settled on 30k, told him I'd think about it and be in touch.

Went to my local Ford dealer with his offer and they offered me a brand new one for the same price.

Shot the first guy an email the next day just to be fair and give him a chance to respond. He never did.

Probably thought I was trying to rip him off. Poor guy.
>>
>>16325296
>"I couldn't tell you, but I can guarantee it will be with a salesman who isn't a douche."
Faggots like you never last long.
>>
>>16325308
The fuck are you even talking about? That's a qualifying question EVERY salesman here asks off the fucking bat. You aren't TELLING them to buy or fuck off, you're asking if they are buying today. If not, don't pressure them. If they are, keep reminding them that you're ready to make a deal today. Keep using the word today so they stay motivated.

"So you like it, this is the car for you? Great, so you're ready to take it home today if all turns out fair?"
>>
>>16325439
Not one salesman has ever asked me that and if they did I would tell them to fuck right off.
>>
>>16325439
>"Great, you know the new ones now come with four wheels and tires standard. Let me ask, how soon are we planning to make a move?"
Better be smooth to pitch that line. Average autist here I walk.
>>
>>16324906
>let it be know I will be making a 3 hour drive

Not every Tom, Dick and Harry just drives 3 hours to buy a car though, thats why they got excited. Your either a retired Boomer with a lot of time on your hands or someone looking to buy.
>>
>>16325296
>the new ones now come with four wheels and tires standard

[Vomits internally]
>>
File: IMAG1351.jpg (1MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1351.jpg
1MB, 3264x1952px
>>16324120
They move quick because they've been lied to for 14 years and can pick up on the bullshitters by their body language and word choices. Not exactly sure how you can learn that without actually experiencing it for yourself unfortunately.

As far as you're concerned, you'll have to give each customer a chance until you can pick up on it too. Ask them right away in the qualifying process what kind of payment they are looking for. If they're expecting a $400 monthly payment on a $60k car. Introduce them to reality from the get go, or show them what a $400 car payment really looks like. The choice is theirs.

>>16324195
They already said $900 a month was in their budget. Why are they suddenly changing their mind? Ask!

>>16324399
This

>>16324509
There's a reason there will always be poor people...

>>16324526
Meh... different strokes for different folks. What works best for you isn't best for everyone.

If you could easily make 10% off your money in the market, and your car loan was only 4%, I bet you wouldn't feel the same way now would you?

Same thing goes for vehicle leases. Not my cup of tea because I'm a car guy, but for people who look at a car look a washing machine...

>>16324577
Damn you subprime guys are crafty. There's a guy who runs a "Buy here pay here" lot and on average he sells his cars 8 times before someone can actually pay it off.

>>16324588
Not much. It aint what it used to be. The internet and over competition really hit our margins good. Pretty much what >>16324646 says.

>>16324906
You are a salesman's best friend! If one of my old clients called me to tell me he was driving 3+ hours to see me of course he'd get the royal treatment. Nobody drives 3 hours to "just look" haha.
>>
>>16325533
>Nobody drives 3 hours to "just look" haha.
Which hurts negation, but if I wouldn't pay asking I wouldn't bother driving.

Regardless, even local when I want to just browse I tell the salesman so, and if they offer a test drive I tell them upfront I will not buy today but would be more than willing to test drive and sleep on it.

Maybe its cuz I'm white, dress like a hobo, but don't front like I can't back it up? Either way I avoid any dealer that doesn't sell new.
>>
>>16325533
>They already said $900 a month was in their budget. Why are they suddenly changing their mind? Ask!

I still don't think some people understood my post. They are just bullshitting. They just want to look at things they can't afford. It's the same reason nice guns are in glass cases at the gun show or have giant "DO NOT TOUCH" signs; people just wanna fucking touch.

>>16325512
>>16325527
It's a filler for 4chan, plebs. Obviously I'm not going to take time to type the differences in there.

>>16325498
No salesman has ever asked if you're buying today or just looking?
>>
>>16324195
If I was looking at some $20k shitbox Kia and you quoted me a $900 payment upon greet I would walk out. I can't see insulting somebody's intelligence as a solid sales method.
>>
>>16325593
Bro do you know how much an RX goes for?
>>
>>16325562
>No salesman has ever asked if you're buying today or just looking?

Yeah, the guy at my local Best Buy or the gal at American Eagle, or any of those poor fucks who work in a myriad of brand stores.

but the point is you're a car salesman, not some starving college student trying to sell some cables/pants so you can get paid 8 bucks an hour. You need to be smooth, read within the lines and watch how people behave. If anything I would tell you to wait tables cause it involves a lot of the same skills, but people tend to ignore you so get a better chance at watching how they behave.

There's a reason why we tell the guy at Best Buy and the gal at American Eagle we're "just looking" it's the same reason why our eyes glaze over when we're being told about their rewards program we're not interested on, it's because we don't want to deal with that shit.
>>
>>16324530
True.

I walked into a dealership this summer to get my wife a new truck. Dressed like a slob, trimmed my beard down to look like I'm in my early 20s.

Found the right truck. Got the "how much do you want to pay per month" question. Ah, ok. Say "$600". Saleswoman eyes me up and down. She asks to run a credit check. Say "no, not yet..."

Gently haggled trade in value until it was just shy of even.

Number turns into $750/mo.

"Get it to $720 and we have a deal."

She hands me a credit application.

I write in $12,000 as net pay per month for me alone.

She eyes it and starts to go "uhhh" but stops as she looks in the job title box.

From a buyer's perspective:
>Do not reveal your hand
>Know their margin limitations
>Know how interest is calculated
>>
>>16325999
It's worth mentioning we traded in a truck at a loss because it needed a new transmission. Seems I forgot to mention that part - how $600/mo turned into $750/mo...
>>
File: IMAG1325.jpg (1MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1325.jpg
1MB, 3264x1952px
>>16325562
Ask more feeler questions. Everyone wants a cheap car payment. Most serious people have gone over their budget and have a comfortable range to pay. Get that upper limit out of them! If you're just looking you won't have that number readily available and will start bullshitting there.

I can talk in circles all day but it all comes down to drawing out their bluffs as quickly as possible and calling them on it.

I'm beginning to think the problem is more you don't have the confidence to call people out on their bullshit.
>>
>>16321305
>Wahh I'm a car salesman why do people treat me like shit
Because you are shit
>>
>>16321305
>easiest and quickest way to fucking SHAKE this information out of an up before proceeding to a test drive and demo?
Use a decent crm.
>>
>>16323571
Maybe try toyota?
>>
>>16321305
That's a great move OP

Now I want to watch it again.
>>
want to buy ~$20k second hand charger, i only make about $2k a month, how fucked am i?
first time buyer with no credit btw
:^)
>>
>>16321305
How can you expect to be god-tier after only 2 weeks? Give yourself a break!
>>
>>16323933
>What I always did when taking the up back to my desk to gather their info (FIRST thing to do after greeting them is to get them inside and over to your desk) was explain how the sale would go down and ask if that was ok for them (i.e. info gathering, then product presentation, then test drive, then trade in appraisal, then numbers). If it's ok, then you bring it back up when they get fishy. If it's not ok there's the door. It's not worth your time, and trying to close 100% of your ups will leave you unemployed.

OP here. This is the most impactful statement in this entire thread. I'll update after work tomorrow if this thread is still here. Although, we aren't getting a lot of ups. It's too cold to have people just strolling in. Next week is supposed to begin the frenzy, though...
>>
So who am I.
I dress well (not on purpose, I just typically dress like a southern frat boy out of habit), I call ahead of time to see if they have a model of car I'm interested in and if so to set up an appointment, I act polite and interested and manage to fandangle my way into a test drive first and foremost and I don't take anything else for an answer...but they never fight me on it, they're more than willing to oblige.

Then as soon as I'm done, I tell them goodbye, and shake off their "But what about trying one of the other cars-" with "Sorry, not today, I need to think on it more, I'll keep in touch."

They always look at a loss when I just leave and brush them off. Am I an asshole or do they just suck at their jobs?

Fwiw I never intend to buy Cara anyway. I don't take Loans, ever, I don't even have a credit card and pay for everything up front without fail but I don't have enough money to buy a good car so there's no chance of me actually wanting to go through with a purchase.
>>
>>16324513
My ex is someone who dropped out during archidecture degree, does graphic design on the side but works as a clerk in a window company.

She has been caught time and time again telling people she's a freelance graphic designer and an archidect.
>>
>>16324543
That's what I don't get, though. Then it breaks the fuck down and you're getting fucked over yet again.

It's like a woman picking a man who beats her. It's hilarious, depressing, and totally insane.
>>
File: IMAG1352.jpg (1MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1352.jpg
1MB, 3264x1952px
>>16326785
Helpful anon responding back.

Another thing to remember... if you get ups in this weather. Treat them like royalty! If they're willing to walk through the snow and deal with the cold they're most likely for sure buyers!
>>
>>16321324
>This guy knows whats up

A-Are you already a car salesman ? @.@
>>
>>16321305
What did you think was going to happen? Being a car salesman is a decent paying job that requires no credentials or education. Just like working on an oil rig. On an oil rig the catch is you usually have to live away from home, and it's dangerous work. For car salesman it's that you have to deal with assholes all day, and the vast majority of people don't really respect you they think you're a grease ball no matter how fancy the car's you sell happen to be.
That's not my opinion of car salesman most the ones I've dealt with were decent.
>>
>>16327582
what a depressing looking lot. I think I'd hang myself if I was a used car salesmen working in the north like that.
>>
>>16328144
That's what lots usually look like in regions that get actual seasons unlike your Florida butthole.
>>
GENERALLY SPEAKING DEALERSHIPS CAN ONLY MOVE 2-3 GRAND ON MOST DESIRABLE CARS

THAT BEING SAID THE INTREST ON YOUR LOAN WILL BE AT LEAST THAT

THEN THE SALES TAX WILL BE THAT AGAIN

THEY WONT FIGURE ANY OF THIS OUT FOR YOU

RUN YOUR NUMBERS AND KNOW WHAT THE MOST YOU ARE WILLING TO PAY FOR THE CAR IS BEFORE U EVEN GET ON THE LOT

OTHERWISE THEY WILL RUN A TRAIN ON YOU
>>
I sell mattresses and i get the same stuff. People think if they bring in $100 that they will walk out with a top of line Tempur Pedic on an adjustable base. There is just no getting around it.

Im new to sales myself. I have been reading books on sales and one good piece of advice is to reach out to the top salesman that you work with and ask him/her how they build rapport with the customer to close the sale. Building rapport goes a LONG way. If you can get on a friendly/ personal level with a customer then you have a much better chance of closing the sale.
>>
>>16328150
I know, but man that brown slush with those shitbox cars. I mean those chevy's are depressing in a "poorfag sports car" sort of way, but what really gets me is those buicks beyond it. Then I can't imagine working with a bunch over overweight uneducated failure dealers completing over struggling middle class losers to buy these shitboxes.

I know I'm coming off as a complete asshole, and I don't deny I am one. I'm not knocking your profession or situation really, but, just being honest.
>>
>>16328164
I bought one of those last year. Not the top of the line one, but one down from it. I like it. I mean it's just closed cell foam, complete ripoff, but I don't have time to dealshop it.

I'd say it's harder to build a rapport selling mattresses rather than cars though. I mean I can remember my car dealer, I have no fucking idea who sold me my mattress. Some brown broad with a big ass.
>>
File: 1467965206194.jpg (145KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1467965206194.jpg
145KB, 720x960px
At what point do you consider financing a car worth it? What should be my price point for a car? I make 24k a year before taxes(live in cali) and evidently have 800+ in stocks at current market value.

Would I get laughed out the door walking into a a used car dealership and asking about the 25k Camaro SS? or should I walk straight to the FRSs?

I genuinely feel bad for wasting their time being so poor but they talk me into it.

I want a RWD car that handles and can be made to go fest, what are my choices besides saving up for goddamn years which I have no patience for.
>>
File: 1474477838383.png (137KB, 537x759px) Image search: [Google]
1474477838383.png
137KB, 537x759px
I love this thread. So interesting. Thanks dealers and good question askers!
>>
>>16328176
I hope someone better will answer your question, but I work in boat sales and can tell you that a lot of sales on the lower end shit is all about "can I get this guy financed." I highly doubt they'll feel it is a waste of time trying to get you financed on something.

That said, I'd recommend when it comes to a car, that you buy something you can afford cash.
>>
>>16328176
Don't believe the /o/ hate, financing a car is a perfectly viable option as long as you can get a good deal with low interest. You definitely won't be laughed at, the sales people just wanna get you into a car as soon as they can.
Also, always ask if the car's still under the manufacturer warranty.
>>
OP here.

So if nobody has gathered, yes I sell Lexus.

However, I've always considered Lexus my second choice. If Lincoln didn't exist I would definitely drive ONLY a Lexus.

So there's the rub. I love Lincoln, I can get very passionate about it and have long relatable conversation with people that remember their 60's or 70's Continental. I wear Lincoln pins, or cufflinks, and always have my Lincoln keychain showing. I have a picture of Henry Ford over my desk. I think it's time to move over to my first passion.

As well, I feel like people that care about Lincoln REALLY care. They aren't going there just to find out what a Lincoln is, they know the heritage and have been driving them for generations. Just yesterday I prospected a woman who said she was driving her mom's passed down Town Car and their family has ONLY ever owned Lincolns since the early 60's.

Toyota doesn't have that heritage and lineage.

So people that just want to smell like money for a few minutes will go to the Caddy store and waste their time. Lincoln people are select and few and HARD to turn. If you come into a Lincoln lot, it's probably not because the new Continental is "hip" and on every Lil Jizzy rap video.

Fact: I see welfare queens driving new Caddy'a and living in Section 8 housing every day. I never see somebody under 40 in a new Lincoln.

Any Lincoln salesmen have insight?
>>
Gonna be honest, fresh out of high-school, looking to buy a truck for under 10k, no credit history, I've got 4k saved up, almost 5k by the end of the year. Would dealers even bother with me and possibly finance the rest?
>>
File: 1447886382026.png (180KB, 379x551px) Image search: [Google]
1447886382026.png
180KB, 379x551px
>>16328609
>I wear Lincoln pins, or cufflinks, and always have my Lincoln keychain showing.
>>
File: IMG_6794.jpg (64KB, 720x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6794.jpg
64KB, 720x475px
>>16328732
You young punks don't understand class. Go buy a Cadillac and slap some REEYUMZ on it. TWUNNY TOOOOOOOOZ!!!
>>
>>16328609
My dad owned GM stores and luxury sports car dealerships when I was a kid. He loved the sports cars, and those made money, but the real money was in pumping out volume with GM stores.

You gotta have some passion with what you do, but if you are going to be good at selling cars, it's because you enjoy selling cars more than have a boner over the actual cars. Sure there are exceptions, but I've probably met thousands of car salesmen in my lifetime and the ones that were the best weren't the autistic types that stroked off over the brands. They were the ones that knew the shit but also knew how to sell and loved the game of selling and making deals.
>>
>>16328788
I don't think Cadillac cufflinks would be much better.
>>
>>16325999
>self serving bs story

lemme tell you something, pal. you've never impressed a salesperson in your life and having a large income (that you have to prove btw, not just pencil in) doesn't mean dick if you've never paid anyone back on a loan.
>>
>>16328609
>Toyota doesn't have that heritage and lineage.

you're ignorant

also i'm pretty sure lexus stores hire $8 dipshits like you just to show cars while real men, er managers negotiate the deal.

am i right or am i right
>>
>>16329212
I'm closing 75% of my prospects, it's the 25% that are wasting my fucking time pretending to have money.

Also, Lincoln owners go back generations, as far back as anybody alive today. Toyota is still a punchline to many.
>>
>>16329235
>I'm closing 75% of my prospects
not for nothing sport, that's an impossible number irl. tell me how you do after week 2.
>>
>>16329250
....you know they have sales events at the end of the year, right? Ever head of December to Remember? Everybody that's coming in has been waiting months to pull the trigger. Somebody walks in, show them the car, they haggle until they feel like they got the deal of the year, done.

Just last week I had a couple come in. She wanted to drive a RX350....then named three other models and a Toyota and finally said she has no idea. I asked if she had ever considered a CT based on her needs. She said she'd never heard of it. I sat her in one in our showroom and it was silver. She said "why don't I just buy this? Darn if it was white I'd take it home now". I got the keys to a white loaded CT, and she signed on the first pencil.

Again, I'm lucky now because of the time of year but still get tire kickers.
>>
>>16328729
Unless you're in a trade/military and have a reliable source of income, I'd buy something around the 4-5k price range, cash.

Working part time jobs and going to school does not mix well with a car payment.
>>
>>16329284
it's really hard for me not to troll you. you're just as green as green can be.

i spent over a decade up front in sales before i starting writing service. ama
>>
>>16329297
I don't think you people are understanding the point of this thread.

I have no problem making my sales, it's that I want to weed out the shits that are just trying to look like money for whatever fucking reason. They have ZERO intention of buying, they are upside down on more assets than the whole nation of Brazil, they exist only to waste my time.
>>
>>16328166
>I mean those chevy's are depressing in a "poorfag sports car" sort of way,
Those are ZL1's, son. They'll fuck your shitbox sideways.

Kind of beside the point though. Snow and slush are the fucking worst and having to sell used buicks has got to be like pulling teeth.
>>
>>16329390
It's 60 grand. That's a poorfag sportscar. I'm not saying that it doesn't perform, just saying the class of the average people that buy those are dirtbags with no class - and it must be depressing to have to deal with that caliber of people all the time. The type of people who aspire to own those poorfag sportscars are even worse than the people who can.

But yeah, selling used buicks would make me want to blow my head off. All the power to this guy if he can do it. I can't imagine walking into that depressing dealership every day, with those halogen lights and that cheaply constructed office areas and that typical big brand dealership flooring/maybe that dreadful office carpet in areas, the fatass mexican accountant getting coffee in a styrofoam cup, the ugly autist wearing the khakis that are two sizes to big even for his fatass - another failure selling used buicks every day, too stupid to go to college.
>>
>>16329580
Wow you nailed my opinion of Buick and Cadillac. People that aspire to own a Cadillac....lul
>>
>>16329580
that is vividly depressing. the last time I bought a car it was from a dude who sells used volvos by his garage, with a typical indy mechanic office attached. best buying experience ever.
>>
>>16329580
I'm not even poor and I can't imagine spending 60k on a car.
>>
Currently financing a new f150 and my payments are 660 a month. (Cad)
330 bi weekly,
Anyone who expects less shouldn't be purchasing a new vehicle imho.
>>
>>16328176
>.

Can you afford the payment on a $25k car making $24k a year?
>>
>>16329756
How much do you make?

I share a house with someone, and my share of rent/utils is close to $650/mo.
>>
Hey salesmen, is it true that you have to be a "people person" to sell cars? Could a quiet anti-social autist hack it?
>>
>>16329799
I only make $18.50hr currently, the job market in the stone industry where I live is hurting atm and I've had to take a lower hourly wage as a result.
With 40+hrs a paycheck 660$ a month for a brand new vehicle is well worth it to me.
>>
>>16329823
We make similar amounts, I net about 3k/mo after taxes.

I bought a $900 truck and have been dumping cash into making it better, but it definitely takes up more time as opposed to buying new. I also dislike debt, but to each his own.

Congrats on the truck though, they're nice rides.
>>
>>16322773
Could just be experience.
>>
>>16329835
Thanks m8, she's a beauty and I love her.
Use to fuck around with a few Hondas myself, but due to work I just ended up having no time to really wrench on my shitboxs so I sold and bough new.
I agree financing and debt does suck, especially when if ya get laid off.(though it does help amplify credit massively.)
>>
File: 2-Cougar.jpg (190KB, 736x576px) Image search: [Google]
2-Cougar.jpg
190KB, 736x576px
>>16329800
This

Was just about apply to a seemingly good gig with a Toyota dealer
>base salary + comission

But not sure if I can sell cars if I don't know anything about sports or be a good ol boy to sell trucks . . .
>>
>>16329800
OP here. Two of our Five best sellers are seemingly autistic. They have no problem saying "sir that's a ridiculous price! Keep dreaming. Why did we even drive this vehicle if you are going to make me an offer like that? That's just absurd." And end up bumping them to a sale.
>>
>>16329913
Op here. I'm a big Lincoln fan. I have a 77 Mark V. You like the Cougar or ??
>>
>>16329965
My grandmother used to own a Cougar and Continental which was given to her by the owner of dealership after she bought his house . . .
I like the looks
>>
>>16329800
>Could a quiet anti-social autist hack it?

no. not if you're a true autist.
>>
>>16330079
What if you're just not a normie (no knowledge of current sports, tv, local going ons, etc)
>>
>>16325200
Dude, you don't need to go after anyone with insurances. Insurances compagny sure argue a lot between themselft, but it's what they exist for. So you can get your money in the case a risk you paid for protection for become true.
>>
>>16321305
i've been in the car business for awhile, and just recently got out. will probably never go back just because the people i dealt with. the people alone totally ruined the experience for me
>>
>>16330183
you're perfect. the sales managers literally put words in your mouth. the less you know about anything the better you will do.

lol not even trolling.
>>
>>16329297
What got you into service writing? Better pay? I'm a detail tech but looking to get into sales
>>
>>16330455
better hours, more consistent pay week to week. (it is commission sales)

desu it's just easier
>>
>>16330438
Are you sure? I'm being serious here.

I'm going to apply to this job tonight. You really think I'll be fine if I'm not a people person who talks about normal things?
>>
>>16330462
you will figure it out or you won't. i think it's a good opportunity.

i'm quiet and reserved, not outgoing at all. i like weird shit that no one would want to talk about. i made a career in sales.

this sounds lame, but it's about helping people get what they want. that's it. that's the secret. they get what they want and you get paid.
>>
the op of this thread was expressing his frustration at not knowing what people wanted. he hasn't figured it out yet.

you just bs with people and ask the right questions.

for example no one comes in and says right off the bat "i'm $10k upside down in my trade, my credit is fucked up and I have no money down, but i need something that can fit all my kids"

they come in and say"what's your best price on that tahoe! you have 30 seconds and i'm leaving!"

he's not going to volunteer any of the truth, you have to slow them down and find out.
>>
>>16329744
Sixty grand will buy you two perfect condition classic cars. It's just absurd paying that much for one crappy new car.
>>
>>16330509
Anybody that actually thinks "classic" cars are any good. Hahahahahaha. Enjoy getting torn to shreds and eating a steering wheel when you rearend a Camry when your brakes lock up and they can walk away.
>>
>>16321305
Speaking as someone who just spent 2.5 weeks bargaining before finally getting a car at the right price, you can't really shake me down for info I'm not willing to provide. Like, yeah, I know my credit is considered "good" and I've been pre-approved so I don't need your dealer financing. But I do have a price point and a standard for cars, and goddamn some of the cars I see are just not worth the price that's being asked for them. Like a 2008 Honda Accord for $14k. That's bonkers.
>>
>>16330526
b-b-but muh mobile emissions testing station

muh o2 sensors, muh MAF sensors, muh sensors muh sensors. can't deal if it can't be fixed with seafoam.
>>
I just bought a house. I have no desire to finance a car.
I would rather save up, and walk in and pay cash for my next ride .
Socking away 10k a year atm.
>>
>>16330526

Just wear a seat belt and use the Smith System. In other words, don't be a tard and you'll be okay.
>>
>>16329209
You missed the point of the story.
>>
Not me. I literally go to dealerships to see the best deal I can get. I don't want to talk about the car, I don't care about the mpgs, horsepower, leather, trim options. I have done that research myself. I literally only go to see what the best deal I can get is. If its not up to my par/budget I walk. I don't care about speaking to your sales manager, the owner ..nobody. I know the deal...you get me in...let me talk to the higher ups and suddenly im willing to pay a bit more because "its a fine car" fuck that and fuck you...im not there to make sure you make good commission off my ass...i'm there to take a car home with getting at least 6-8k off sticker.
>>
>>16330860
also not trying to sound harsh or like a dick. I get it..its a game. Most dealers are willing to let go off a car for a significant price reduction just because they are in the business of moving cars in and out...I am just playing along to that game.
>>
>>16326883
The fuck is Archidecture?

Architecture?
>>
>>16331044
who cares.
>>
>>16331075
You sound redarded
>>
>>16330526
>Mocking a hobby

But that's not my point. Why pay 60k for a new car when a $5k used car does the same thing? Seems a waste to me.
>>
>>16326579
Spread them cheeks or put cash down, like 1/4 of the purchase price.
>>
File: Training_office.jpg (974KB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
Training_office.jpg
974KB, 3264x1952px
>>16329580
Kek. THIS POST NAILED THE GODDAMN NAIL RIGHT ON THE FUCKING HEAD! Right down to the ugly ass flooring.

Only differences here is our fat Mexican accountant is a old 80 old lady, also we didn't have offices, just fucking hightop coffee tables on the showroom floor and a 10 year old Lenovo ThinkPad with crust built up under the R key so it wouldn't work. That ugly autist in big khakis only lasted a month and a half. He only sold two cars... He was replaced with the creepy dude. You know the type... the 40 year old with a pencil line goatee who's suits are goodwill tier, always smells of weed, and makes the comments of locking a dozen hookers against their will in the back of the cargo van some yokel traded in a month and a half ago and everyone forgot about. You're unsure if his comments are a joke or an invitation to join in, so you don't press the issue.

As far as our dealership went, At least we had Chebbies and GMCs to sell on top of Buick. But yea... if Buick was all we had I would have gone postal faster than I did. Buick's lineup is garbage. The only thing that sold were Enclaves and Lacrosses, all of them to old people or niggers. The Verano never sold, we ended giving up and using them all as DRACs. I was the only person who was able to sell any Encores. The elderly grandmothers who desperately keep trying to convince themselves they're still hip seemed to gobble those things up.

>Pic is an example of how old and shit-tier my dealership was
>>
>>16332727
That Jin-u-wine fake wood though.

Buicks and Cadillacs are same tier and draw the same "me-too!" juggaboos.

I've never met a person that drives either and knows how to pick out a tie. Striped tie with a pattern shirt, or shoes with long floppy toes that crease in half when they walk, and don't forget the peppered bits of gold all over their fingers and neck. I mean seven rings, two chains, oh and a watch that could be confused for a table clock.

I like Donald Trump, but gold is just gaudy, like a Cadillac.

This is how I describe it:

Lincoln walks into a room with a nice tie and somebody comments that it's classy.

So then Cadillac walks in wearing two ties around their neck and expects everybody to say it's twice as classy.... Tards.
>>
File: Lincoln_personified.jpg (99KB, 1016x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Lincoln_personified.jpg
99KB, 1016x1022px
>>16332827
>Lincoln is classy

Lincoln? People don't think Lincoln is Classy pal...

Lincoln is the Blackberry of the car market... a crusty old has-been who everyone forgot about. Whenever they see the poor miserable soul, hushed whispers emerge; some are surprised he still exists, the rest sigh in pity and discuss when he'll eventually die, finally releasing his pour soul from the 30 years of torture endured.

Want proof? Stop by your local Lincoln dealer... If it hasn't closed down or was brought up by a multi-brand dealer conglomerate. The last Lincoln dealer within a 3 hour's drive is 10 minutes away. The lot is quarter full at beat, and the majority of cars there are used. At any given time, there are a maximum of 10 brand new Lincolns on their lot.

Don't get me wrong, nobody wants to see Lincoln succeed more than me, but their fall from grace should serve as a reminder to listen to what your potential customers are begging you for. Nobody lasts if you ignore a changing marketplace and manufacture whatever you want out of pure arrogance.
>>
>>16321305
I hate car salesmen. I'm probably the type of customer you guys hate as well.

I purchased a new 5th wheel travel trailer. When we went through the front door, the salesman stated, "The Green Family, hardest 50$ I ever made in my life".

We purchase a new Honda Odyssey and had 5 dealerships pitted against one another. Ended up with the last 2 salesmen on 3-way call fighting out the last few hundred dollars.

There is no reason your sleazy job should be easy. Burger flippers work their ass off fur minimum wage. You don't like it? Find a new job.

Don't get me started on used car salesman or your shitty service departments.
>>
>>16333099
Dubs confirms, car salesmen are scum of the earth.

Also, checked em.
>>
>>16333011
400hp and 400ft/lb torque doesn't turn you on?

Lincoln doesn't have to appeal to fads. If you want the gelled back fauxhawk with floppy-toed dress shoes look that yuppy lawyers go for, get a Hyundai Genesis.

If you know how to coordinate a sweater with your suit and you're pulling out another CD account every year, as well as being wise enough to have common items that millenials seem to not know exist and therefore life like swine (house shoes, bath robes, coat hangers, door mats, night stands, a bureau, an ironing board) then you return to your tried and true Lincoln. Lincoln is for people that care about feeling self-respect rather than what anybody else thinks. Think I give a fuck people say I drive a granny car? Cool. But when they're older and their backs are rigid and aching, they'll understand why and only too late. Nobody respects the elderly any more. They have something you can't buy or get in university: true world wisdom.
>>
File: IMG_6805.jpg (83KB, 750x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6805.jpg
83KB, 750x406px
>>16333386
Those power ratings
>>
>>16333405
Looks like any generic luxury saloon.
>>
>>16333405

Hot car. I sat in it at the car show and interior is amazing.
>>
>>16333411
Ok. And that does what for driving comfort?

>>16333483
The finish is niiiiiiice. They stepped up even from the MKZ. The materials, dear god that leather is like a lamb skin glove!

I'm a suede lover because leather is noisy and sticks to you and burns. Ultrasuede or alcantara is the best. Unfortunately it's only available in the Rhapsody blue interior package....
>>
>>16323576
I would guess not.
looks like it was written by a retard pretending to be smart
>>
>>16333405
Oh look, Chinese pandering shit rendered from a FWD midsize. But at least it has little Lincoln emblems in the headlights, right?!
>>
>>16333581
Right, you wouldn't pre your pants if you were handed the keys to this monster. It's one of the few cars that actually has design. Nissan just mutilates their CG models (because fuck if a Nissan is ever rendered in clay) and calls it "bold".
>>
>>16333728
>It's one of the few cars that actually has design.
You mean with that jag nose? It looks like the new Ford Mondeo
>>
>>16333770
So because it can be compared to something else, it's worthless?
>>
OP here. I just got picked by Lincoln. The lot, selection, waiting area, receptionist are all beautiful. They expect you to sell 8 vehicles per month, pay is wage then bonuses. No frantic circus act when the place is flooded every Saturday. Hi sir, you came to buy a Lincoln? Great, here's your price now get the fuck out.

Done with Lexus clowns. Especially the Patels and Ping Pong Li's.
>>
>>16323234

I do this shit all the time. Drove up in a 2001 Olds and bought a caddy CTS-v. Loads of fun when they ask for financing and you write a check for the whole deal... (Yes, I am older than many of you.)
>>
>>16333405

Fwd CTS 4door?
>>
>>16334779
Oh so now you'll be dealing with Tryone and La'Quanda instead. Much better.

At least the dealership will be getting those Tier IV points.
>>
>>16323234

A lot of dealerships will order up a flagship/flash model to pull in customers and/or make a nice showroom car. A lot of the time, it'll be a difficult model or trim to get, and the only one on the lot, and chances are pretty good that while there *is* a price on it, they don't actually want to move it.

Local example is my nearest Dodge dealership. They ordered up an SRT8 Charger, which they positively refused to sell for about a year.

Same dealership then managed to get a Hellcat Challenger somehow, and like magic the SRT8 disappeared. Said Hellcat is now for sale for $80k. So while it is technically for sale, the chances of it going somewhere in the near future are slim to none.
>>
>>16321305
This thread only serves to remind me how long its been since I've seen a longpostguy thread.
>>
>>16333386
>Putting your money into CDs
Kek. What kind of return are you getting on those? Seriously? Once again, this isn't the 70s...

>400hp, 400 torque
Just a number... If all I was after was a lousy number why would I go with Lincoln when a pleb tier ferd scores higher numbers on some models? Anyone can beat a number... a car is more than ink on a spec sheet.

>Gelled fauxhawk and floppy shoes
You make me sick to my stomach. At least we agree on stuff! haha

>>16333405
I'll admit, their styling has improved. It's a shame they wasted it all on a Taurus *sadface
>>
>>16334920
Local podunk ford dealer had a gt. Same story.
>>
>>16324526
It's not always that simple.

I graduated uni dept free and got a job in a different state 700 miles away.

Wasn't going to take my shitbox cavalier with 194k miles, but only had about 4800 bucks to my name after finding a new apt, getting insurance, etc. and I wanted to buy a house by the time my first years lease was up so financing a new car was the best option for me. Easy to get financing, build credit fast, and save up cash for house, while having something nice and reliable to drive to work.

I'll def only pay cash going forward, but it wasn't an option at the time.
>>
>>16328803
Not like you're ever in a situation to be wearing cufflinks
>>
>>16331123
>cannot sage properly
>calls others retarded
It's time to stop posting
>>
>>16332727
>10 year old Lenovo ThinkPad with crust built up under the R key so it wouldn't work.
You DO know those keyboards are removeable and you can wash them in the sink...right?
>>
>>16323234
Based alpha.
>>
File: 1471834156291.gif (1001KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471834156291.gif
1001KB, 200x200px
>>16334973
Longpost guy no longer sells cars. so sadly there will be no more stories

Unrelated but i would love to see if any of you sales bros have some insight on what happened to me. I was 24 at the time and I drive a Tow truck.

Want a new WRX reason doesn't matter I can afford it and I wanted it. took some time to find out roughly what invoice is for one of them and what shit i wanted. ended up getting a barebones base one cause was planning on modding it and I don't care about power seats and all the other shit. have approval for 20g at 2% from my credit union say would be interested in load from them if they can beat what I already have. test drive a STI and WRX end up deciding on WRX for reasons that are unimportant. they dont have a base one. talk numbers and get to a price I think is fair and he had his manager approve or whatever doesn't matter.

26k out the door. say well order me one and let me know when it gets here ill be in to pay you. write check for a deposit to show them I'm not fucking around since they would not order one without a deposit. seems fair to me. after 2 weeks of sales man still not getting me an order number or vin or anything. Yea I fucked up not making sure he ordered it right then and there. Finally get fed up with being dicked around call him up and say WTF is going on how can you not have an Order number at least. says he will call me back in a bit gonna check on it. Calls me back about 30min later saying that they cant order that car.

You are a fucking subaru dealer how the fuck can you not order a car. tell him to fuck off I'm grabbing my keys and coming up there right now to get my deposit back. get my money back call a few other dealers and find a different one who I bought the car from.

My question is WTF was this guy doing? did he not want the easiest sale of his? life all he needed to do was get it to his lot. I dont rember the exact number but i think that 26k was maybe 600-800 over invoice.

anyone explain this?
>>
>>16324526
My car is financed with 0% interest. Why pay for it all up front if they are willing to lend it to me for free?
>>
>>16335480
Again, Lincoln buyers average 62 now. So if you laddered up since the 70's you're doing pretty well.

Numbers in a car that rides like a cloud and makes you feel like royalty inside. Have you sat inside a Thoroughbred Black Label Lincoln? Bring extra undies.

I followed the tips here and sold two cars today and have two more in the pipeline for Monday. Once I close my open deals I'm out. The Lincoln store has nice English speaking people that all drive decent cars. I don't understand the comment about having niggly bears to deal with, niggies only buy old used up Lincolns, and the place is so well dressed it should scare the rats off. I can just imagine Sh'qwanda taking one look at the place and going "ew, deez rich white folk. Gibsmedat quick exit"
>>
Is it regular practice to lie to a customer when they call ahead to see if a car is on the lot ready to test drive the same day? It's happened to me twice and it pisses me off.
>>
>>16335669
Because they held money on the price of the car. Even if you had 0.9% financing, your payments might be the same because they're making money through their finance company. When they say 0% they're typically charging some percentage but putting that in the price. Even if you buy cash they will hold on it. When my manager takes a loser, at least we made up for it with some of that interest nobody can adjust but the finance company ie Lexus Financial for Lexus....
>>
>>16335702
On high-volume lots, yes. They will straight up lie because they don't care who or how they sell as long as the numbers rank. Yes they will absolutely.

I've had a customer threaten to go to my competitor because they made them a better offer. I said go buy it. They got the run-around. They show up again begging for my offer. I say "well since you didn't show us some trust, I'll split the difference with what they gave you and my offer." He bought.

At least with Lincoln, there are a total of 3 in my whole town.
>>
>>16335703
Is that still the case with budget cars targeted at first time buyers? The car in question is a FiST and ford was at the time doing a 0% financing promo on it. I got them down to MSRP.

Do you really think they would have gone lower if I walked in with enough money to buy the car outright? The FiST isn't exactly hard for them to sell.

I always thought the manufacturer takes a loss on these kinds of cars in the hopes that the buyer comes back for another more expensive car in the future.
>>
>>16325999
I sell cars. Would enjoy working with customers as sensible as you all day long. Great advise for buyers mate.
>>
>>16325188

I guess it's different in Canada. We only need to provide our driver's license.
>>
>>16335742
People have the impression buying a car cash means everybody is going to drop to their knees and start gobbling balls. Instead, they will make a sales price that will compensate for no financing, with a little kick back for giving them liquid assets right away at no risk
>>
>>16335702
They always lie on calls like that. They believe, with some justification, that if they can get you in the door they can sell you something else.
>>
>>16328198
With interest rates as low as theyou still are paying cash for a car is stupid as fuck.
>>
What is the best way for me to go straight to the test drive without needing to sit down and talk about features and financing?
>>
>>16328609
Audi brand specialist here. Wtf did I just read Jesus christ.
>>
>>16335773
When I bought my car I basically walked in and said said "I'm interested in X" and the salesman said "great have you taken a test drive?"

We were on the road in about 60 seconds
>>
>>16335773
Just ask bruh I do that all the time. I'll ask if you're planning on buying the car. Ig you say yes we're in it driving. Just be a gent and go on a Tuesday not a Saturday
>>
>>16333011

Yes some of Lincoln recent designs have been crusty but the Continental is a step in the right direction. They need a rear wheel V6/V8 sedan with a manual like the LS. A Mercedes SL roadster or S Cabriolet competitor would be nice too.

The Blackberry comparison was a bit over the top. They are still great phones with a massive following. "Everybody" doesn't want a POS Samsung Galaxy all touch screen that is banned on flights because it spontaneously combusts. These newest Galaxy/I-Phones appeal to younger people and nu-males who spend all day on Twitter and Facebook. Intelligent business people and government workers use mainly BB's.
http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2015/03/blackberry_classic_if_you_like_any_of_the_ways_smartphones_have_evolved.html
>>
File: 1474250261612.jpg (101KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1474250261612.jpg
101KB, 640x480px
how do you normalfag car salesmen
>work hours where you basically live at the car lot
>stare out the window for hours every day waiting for "ups" without jumping off a parking garage
>work with cokefiend snakes who steal your deals (a.k.a. your money)
>deal with customers who, for good reason, think you're a lying pos trying to screw them
do you drink
>>
>>16335798
Lincoln is a dying brand, not because of consumers, but because it's a dying brand. It's not the consumers fault you appeal to shitty consumers.
>>
>>16335805
It's a temp job for me that pays well in between my entrepreneurial pursuits. I'm using it to sharpen my negotiating and people management skills. Fuck the hours are brutal but I drive RS7 and s8 plus atleast a few times a week so that's cool
>>
>>16324526
bingo...we have a winner..

+.I have been in the industry for 35 plus years..the stuff I see people drive that they can not afford is crazy..I buy all my cars cash..but then I do not use credit cards either..i just do not buy without the money
>>
>>16335825
Eh I basically can't figure out why all these people don't lease. Fuck trying to hold equity in shitty depreciating assets.
>>
>>16335847
Yeah but Americans are fucking stupid. "I wanna OWN my car" oh really? Of the last 5, which one worked out for you in the end? Headstrong fucktards
>>
>>16335805
Staring out a window won't keep you in business at all. You have to ground pound, prospect, and make CALLS to get people in. Even if you sold to every person that just strolls in to buy a car, you and the dealership would starve.

I don't know what's wrong with the hours. Everybody at my work leaves the minute they can clock out and act as if something is going to get away from them if they don't chase it.

All these people that claim to have a "life" actually mean they just drink often and spend all of their free time with others that do the same. I've never known a normalcuck that actually did anything with their time.

I never drink, ever.
>>
>>16335766

Last time it happened I just walked away and chewed up some guy I thought was the manager on the phone. Real manager called me up and didn't give a fuck.
>>
>>16335797

A friend and I went to dealership road and tried to just get some test drives for fun and the only bite we got was at Mitsubishi. Calling ahead seems to be the only way I can get a test drive.
>>
>>16335847
>>16335878
>pay more
>fees
>mileage limits

>dude americans lmao

fucking pathetic losers have to think about america 24/7 or what?
>>
>>16324526
>>16335825
>le debt is bad
>t. poor dad
obviously you fucking morons didn't take economics.
>>
I own a small business and I am definitely the type of guy car salesmen hateeee. We have this rather large dealership in my neighborhood that is owned by one guy but really is made of of 4-5 different brands. I went in for a nissan juke and a nv van . Wouldent budge at all. Kept giving me figures and different prices all basically full price for both . I walked out as they were wasting my time...went across to chevy...got myself a new trax, a new small chevy van(basically the nv) and a older smart car they had in their used lot for about 6
k off sticker per vehicle.
>>
>>16335906
Lol got news for you bud people do more than just drink outside of work. Car sales hours fucking blow. I've held a handful of professional jobs outside of this one and they were all wayour more awesome.
>>
>>16335938
Why are you wasting time testing cars you don't want to buy?
>>
>>16335968

To test fast cars for fun?
>>
>>16335942
Asset risk management do you even? I'll pay a couple grand to completely deliberate my financial risk on a 70 thousand dollar asset any fucking day of the week mate.
>>
>>16335956
I bet you feel like you won, and you actually got your ass worked like a Thai whore
>>
>>16335971

I guess I've never tried thinking of life through the eyes of a poorfag with no life
>>
salesmen are losers. the shit sells itself.
99% of them are clueless.

can't wait till they get rid of dealerships all together.
>>
>>16335972
That was supposed to say deleverAge fucking phone
>>
>>16335979
How?
>>
>>16335979
>car salesmen calling someone poor
lol
>>
>>16336005
You do realize some people go to the same car salesman for generations of family right? Find a good salesman and you will change your tune.
>>
>>16336015
Most likely paid to much for all or one of your cars.
>>
>>16336020
why? because I need someone to hand me papers to sign?
>>
>>16336026
I dont think so. The trax was loaded as was the van. the smart car came out to like 3k
>>
>>16336020
Not him, but literally what the duck can some guy tell me that I can't find online?

I go to a dealership to test drive my top3-5 choices of cars I've narrowed my search down to.

I know what I'm should pay and what I'm willing to settle for, and I know pretty much everything I need to about the cars except for how they feel to be in and drive.

What does the salesman add at any point?

If I could just order a car online from the manufacturer and pay what I wanted, I would.
>>
>>16336016
90% of my clients are doctors, lawyers, or entrepreneurs or investment bankers. I make more money selling them luxury vehicles than around 40% of them. If you don't sell cars with the intention of becoming a millionaire you're wasting your time.
>>
>>16336038
The idea that you know as much googling as someone with several hundred hours of brand training about the highly technical vehicle you're buying is amusing. Can you guys actually bend far enough to suck your own dicks?
>>
>>16335942
this post sums up why millenials are doomed to ALL be homeless by 50. All of them. Every one. And just as many will blame gun owners and SUV drivers.
>>
>>16336038
You realize that the average person has spent 7 hours on Google before they even get in front of me, and despite that they're still literally maybe 1/3 the way to understanding everything their vehicle does as they drive away a new owner. Even a week later when we send the technologist to perform the second delivery I still get text messages with questions about stuff.
>>
>>16336048
You learn the same information reading a physics text as someone who spent hundreds of hours in the classroom being taught the "highly technical" information to earn their physics degree.

The facts I have is not magically different from the facts some guy can give me.

And he's still a salesman, no an engineer or mechanic.
>>
>>16336038
the idea is that cars are the second biggest purchase decision in the average american's life. If you aren't ready to cut your competitive brand's throat, you, mr Niceguy, will finish last and starve.

Once Tesla has some competition, their hardheaded buttfuckery will flip overnight.

"*moan* oooooooooh, we don't have salesmen and adjustable prices, you just pay list price and get the product. *mooooooan* it's so sexy and hip *moooooooooooan*"
"shit, apple is ramming our asses. Did I say $28k? What I mean was $35k but since I like the picture of your dog I do you a favor for $33k. Wow you save $2k dollar, sound good? Cuck me"
>>
>>16336038
Beyond that have of you fucking idiots want to pay cash on a 70 thousand dollar car when money market mutual funds continually outperform cheap as hell interest rates when you could actually be making money on your money, or doing things like a one pay lease to remove both tax and asset risks before buying the vehicle for a second smaller finance charge, but that's what a good salesman helps you accomplish by explaining all of these things helping to greatly improve your life in the long run. I also frequently help people get into completely different cars than they come in looking for because honestly half of you idiots don't understand the difference between your own needs and wants well enough tof properly make big decisions. I get a lot of text messages around Christmas thanking me for these things.
>>
>>16336087
The person I was replying to was trying to make the point that car salesmen are good for consumers, not that they're good for the manufacturers.
>>
>>16336085
What if I told you I was an engineer who's working on sales to get into selling highly technical engineered products and I literally watch brilliant people turn into complete fucking idiots at a desk in a luxuryear car dealership every day?
>>
>>16336108
Nobody needs a z06, but if someone wants one when all they really need is a shitty Cruze, why would they be idiots for wanting to spend their money on something they want?

No different than someone who buys a 3k camera instead of using their phone camera
>>
>>16336119
they know a lot of shit in their own field, but that doesn't mean they know fuck all about finance/economics/business
>dude I am a great mechanic
>surely I will be a great cook
>>
>>16336127
Honestly if someone is throwing their money out of complete ignorance for nothing I will work hard to help them avoid it.
>>
>>16336138
Even finance professionals occasionally get fucking stupid about it. This isn't buying or selling bonds bruh just fucking think about it. Yeah man you're right no shit that's funny! I think most of these guys talking about not needing salesman probably spend their money like idiots and think they're brilliant while doing it.
>>
>>16336155
But bro, I think that stripper really has a thing for me!
>>
Not sure if this is a good place, but salesmenfam, what's the best car for under 30k-35k USD that's a good reasonable daily driver and also modestly fun and hoonable?
>>
>>16335948
>guys I took econ 101 and it says owing money is a good thing!
>my liberal arts degree told me so!
wew lad
>>
>>16335956
>went in for a nissan juke
why are you even on a weebaic automotive "enthusiast" forum?
>>
>>16321305
I always have a strange feeling that dealerships and dealers in general are always lying to me about anything they can reasonably get away with which is honestly why I hate going there. I've been looking for a newer Subaru but many of the ones with a warranty are at the dealership that I hate going to

Everything from the car itself to the warranty or even the upkeep theyre always gonna be lying to me about all sorts of stuff or just flat out won't tell me what I really know about even if I ask
>>
>>16321305
People don't want to run their credit because they don't want the inquire. Your average student loan mess that is looking to buy a new car is in bad enough shape as it is.
I mean most people are going to walk away, because they either are just looking or are trying to wear you down depending on the season.
Also I'm only ever going though my credit union for financing unless you have some kind of 0% offer going on.

Some people know that they can haggle, but they don't really know how. So what you do if they are complain about the price is ask them to show you the same car at another dealer and you'll see if you can match. They won't and will either give up or accept what your actual bottom line is
>>
>>16336165
I'd get a certified pre owned s3 fucking wew strong audi bias from an audi sales guy been driving bmw my whole life.
>>
>>16336181

If you have a specific car in mind, educate yourself. Don't rely on a salesman to explain shit to you. I've had instances where I had to explain about a car to the guy selling it to me. As much knowledge as you can get before you ever step on the lot will help you.
>>
>financing a car
>ever

I've never understood this meme

Every car I've ever bought, I've bought outright for the full amount
>>
>>16336319

http://www.autotrader.com/car-reviews/buying-a-car-should-you-pay-with-cash-if-you-can-227481

"For example, say you want to buy a $25,000 car and you can afford to purchase it with cash. If you want to spend your cash, that's great: It means you won't have a payment or another care about the car's financing. But let's say you shop around for a good interest rate and end up with 1 percent financing for 3 years after a $5,000 down payment.

In that case, you'll keep your leftover $20,000, and while you have a car payment, the total interest comes to just $300. The question you must ask yourself is whether it's worth $300 to have that $20,000 in your bank account rather than tied up in your car. Most people would rather have the money in the bank or invested, where it's likely that they'll quickly earn back the entirety of the loan's $300 cost."

Also, paying cash does nothing for your credit score where financing does.
>>
>>16336332
>implying the NEETS you're arguing have bank accounts
>>
>>16336341

As fucked up as it is, I know supervisors at my company (I work for a huge fucking company) that still get live checks instead of direct deposit. Like they're fast food workers or something.
>>
>>16336319
>>financing a car
>>ever
>I've never understood this meme
>Every car I've ever bought, I've bought outright for the full amount

>t.pleb with no economic understanding

Haha dumbass just look at how spectacular the US and EU are doing when you wonder why we use the current system. IT CREATES WEALTH, THE GOVT CAN INFINITELY MAKE MONEY AND WELL REGULATED PRIVATE INSTITUTIONS CAN MOVE IT AROUND UNTIL ITS WORTH MORE AND GIVE IT BACK IN THE FORM OF TAXES, PAYING $900 A MONTH FOR 60 MONTHS FOR SOMETHING THAT COST $3000 TO MAKE IN MEXICO AND HAS 100K MILE EXPIRATION DATE IS A GOOD DEAL FOR EVERYONE AND ITS EVEN BETTER AT THE NATIONAL LEVEL. ANYONE WHO DISSGREES IS AN ALT RIGHT FAKE NEWS READING WHITE MALE
>>
>>16335948
Then how come I have more excess income than college graduates and their mountains of student loans?
>>
>>16336399
lol I graduated dept free, save shittons of money, and my net returns on investments this year was 10.07%

Tell me why I'm stupid for financing and not tying up my cash in a car?
>>
>>16336425
If you make that much then why not?
Also I'm not the same anon you were replying to, I've financed before, it really depends on the car and what the offer is. Anything less that 20k you should really be paying cash for, over that financing makes more sense as that is a lot of fucking money just gone from your savings.
Also most people don't graduate debt free, not everyone has rich parents
>>
>>16336437
I got scholarships, and worked, and parents payed the rest. They're not poor but certainly not rich
>>
>>16323933
is that a picture you took? Cause that is literally a 10 minute drive from where I live.
>>
>>16336484
Yes, I used to work at that dealership. That was the view from my """""desk"""""

>>16336319
Different strokes for different folks. I always thought of Leasing as a meme until I sold cars.

>>16335938
I did this too before I realized I was wasting everyone's time. My uncle is a doctor, and he would take me out back in the day. He'd test drive a lincoln, drive right up to the Lexas dealership and test drive a GS, take that to the Porsche dealer to test drive a 911, and took it to a Ferrari dealer to test drive a 360 back when those were around.

>>16335805
Those are the ones who last 6 months tops. It just can't be done.

>>16335906
>Car salesmen drink
THIS! The only people I have seen who can drink on their level are cops and PTSD vets. I don't know what kind of a "life" these folks claim to have, as every single one of them are divorced.

>>16335692
Awesome news that our advice is helping you out!

As far as Lincoln goes... they still have a shit ton of work to do. At least Ford is throwing money at them, compared to back in the day when they let Lincoln rot on the vine while treating Jaguar and Land Rover like a glorified ATM machine.

They still need to make their models stand out from the Ford lineup. You can't Tart up Ford Models anymore, the marketplace has changed. Nowadays consumers see through all the makeup and see the pig underneath.

If they could make a proper driver's car with decent stats and build up from there they just may turn the sinking ship around.

>>16335702
This sounds like the classic bait-and-switch. B lots are famous for this. They'll post a too good to be true deal online, and book appointments on it. When the customers show up they go "ah, you know what, that car JUST sold an hour ago! But I have something else you'll like..."

The original car was never there in the first place.

>>16328609
>Lincoln customers can never be flipped
About 80% of my Buick sales were Lincoln lease conquests lolololol
>>
>>16337632
>They still need to make their models stand out from the Ford lineup. You can't Tart up Ford Models anymore, the marketplace has changed. Nowadays consumers see through all the makeup and see the pig underneath.

The MKT and Continental have zero essencé de Fórdé. When you sit in and drive and experience these vehicles, you will see they are no longer well-dressed Expeditions.

Hey, my favorite car is the 3rd gen Town Car and it's "just" a Crown Vic. But when people familiar with Grand Marquis and Crown Vic sit inside, they're blown away by the completely different feel it gives. When I sit in either of the lower cars my stomach turns a little. It's the small details that makes it a Lincoln. For instance, everything is frocked, such as the inside of the glovebox and the inside of the armrest console. The pillars are all covered in soft felt/fiber cloth, same as the headliner. The window frames are all frocked as well. There's just nothing left untreated inside this car. The steering wheel is of course leather wrapped and something so few cars have today; wood trimmed. The wood makes a big difference in turns or long trips when you want to wake your hands up with a change in texture. An ANALOG clock in the dash that is always on, as opposed to a digital clock that disappears when you turn the car off, is one of those attentions to detail. The new Continental is sorely lacking such a clock and lacks door-pull chords that Lincoln has done for nearly a century.

Anyway, the Town Car is pleasing to all the senses. I never wish to change it and Ford has only upped that sense in its latest models. Hoping the Aviator gives us something new....
>>
>>16336437

>If you make that much then why not?

Because at a 0% APR loan, or even any loan with an APR which is less than your return on investments, you're literally giving up money to pay in cash.

Like if you get a 3% APR loan and your returns come out to 7% annually, by paying in cash you're giving up a 4% return on investment for no good reason at all.

Mind, anything better than a 3% return on investment is hard to come by unless you feel like fucking around with it a lot, and a 0% auto loan is difficult, if not impossible to come by, but in the right circumstances, paying cash can be a very definite mistake.
>>
>>16334920
>>16335514
why wouldnt they sell the car and use the money to buy another one, which they could then sell
isnt this what a dealership does?
>>
>>16337707

Usually because it's a small dealership that doesn't have a lot of overhead to pull in expensive models, or doesn't have much sway with corporate to get rare versions just to stock the lot with.

Like with the Hellcat, demand was really high, so it was a difficult car to get. Probably took them a few months of trying to get one, and to get another one it'd be months and months of waiting, all while they have nothing really flashy to show off to potential customers or pull people in with.

They'd probably order one for you readily enough, and then you can have the 6+ month wait for a specialty model, if you can even get one at that point, but they'll do everything they can to keep you from buying the car they actually have right then and there. At least until they get something equally flash to show off.
>>
File: KellyTwitter.jpg (68KB, 466x331px) Image search: [Google]
KellyTwitter.jpg
68KB, 466x331px
>>16333386
This guy
>>
>>16336179
I know, I know...something about it grew on me. Was gunna get the manual as well. The trax is nice...its a tiny little car with decent space. Also has a real transmission..which is a plus.
>>
OP

I love buying cars because:
a. I have all the leverage
b. i can give as fuck about no margin long as my bitches love me

I'm a B2B negotiator so most car salesman legitimately cant handle me.
none of their tricks work.
none of their tactics have their intended effect.
when they try to create leverage, i reverse it and send them farther down the hole.

"what are you looking to spend"
>"depends on the car, what are you willing to sell for"
"why not just buy new, price difference isnt much"
>"so then will give me the new one for the same price, since its negligible?"
"This is a good car! lexus has the best quality of all the luxury segment! this is a geat deal!"
>"great! so you're willing to throw in a bumper to bumper insurance on the house, right?"
>"what do you mean why not?"
>"oh well, why dont I purchase the insurance from you and you just take the extra cost out of the price?"
"Do you need 0% finance, great opportunity!!1!!1!"
>"depends, we'll see"

my personal two cents:
if someone tells you what they want from the beginning and they're wearing $800 shoes, do not fucking test me, becuase im not afraid to waste your time and cost you three sales you could have made for being a piece of shit

btw use ur comissions to go to school because once car buying (especially new) becomes direct to consumer through the internet yo uare fucked.
>>
Germanfag here with a quick question.

I see a lot of people in these type of threads saying that they "haggled the dealer down to MSRP" or that they "only paid 1k over MSRP".
Is this a normal thing in America? Paying OVER the MSRP?

Because over here the only company that won't give you at least 20% off MSRP on a new car is Dacia (because they're so cheap to begin with). I recently ordered a new FoST and got 28% off MSRP at 0% finance without even haggling much.
>>
>>16337772
>"why not just buy new, price difference isnt much"
>"so then will give me the new one for the same price, since its negligible?"

I literally did this and it literally worked. Got a brand new Fiesta ST for the price they were asking for a 2014 model.
>>
>>16336038
salesman are an after thought when you know what you want. they rarely bring value to the consumer and only add to overhead and try to bring profit to the dealership by creating a false senseof leverage.

the only reason they exist as a middleman is due to bullshit -- kind of like no liquor sales on sunday in the south; it's antiquated archaic shit
>>
I hate stealerships and greasy salesman that glide across the showroom floors like ghouls.

Used cars bought privately feel so much more comfy.

Most owners are honest I've only had one bloke pull a shifty on me but only one.

Selling is so easy as well cars literally sell themselves.

I am so surprised dealerships even exist when you can literally have a uber at your door instantly or can get projects shipped to your place at the touch of a button.

Dealerships literally don't even know their own cars either the amount of times gm and Ford and fca have spread miss information I refuse to deal with them.
>>
>>16337781
good job bro, sometimes the new cars sit on the lot so long, people get desperate

the key idea is never pay retail and always take 10-25% off sticker, aim for 3-5 years old. that's the sweet spot of value when it comes to car buying.
>>
>>16337798
dealerships are dumb and artificially supported by faux de jure

direct to consumer sales will eventually happen and major cities will only have show rooms:

a. skeleton crew staff
b. every model in two different colors, with a test drive model
c. small safety stock of most popular models for those ready to buy upfront; turnkey-style
>>
>>16337676
all that genuine imitation leather with soft touch plastic

might as well buy BMW
>>
File: 1477585714709.jpg (3MB, 2492x3796px) Image search: [Google]
1477585714709.jpg
3MB, 2492x3796px
Mfw last truck I bought new I spent 5 days haggling and got 0% interest no down payment a free 100k warranty and sold it and refunded the warranty at the cost of 100bucks.
>>
>>16337676
MKT is a Ford Explorer, and I rejoice it's dead.
Continental is based heavily off the Taurus.

Like I said earlier they need to try harder. One thing I really fault Ferd on is not doing anything with the Aussie Falcon. Rather than kill it, they could have had a decent platform to build off of.

>>16337825
Don't get me Started on BMW. They are just as infuriating for different reasons. They're completely watering down their brand creating an entirely new vehicle for every Niche market. They're the GM of 2000. How many models do they have? How many of those are dog shit and overlap with other models? Seriously, what's the difference between a 5 series, a 5 series grand tourer, and a 6 series grand coupe? Justify why BMW needs to build 3 versions of the same car to me...

>>16335798
Agree with your opinion on Lincoln. The blackberry idea isn't too far off though. Lincoln was the #1 luxury brand in the Us in the early 2000s. Now they're dead last. Look at BlackBerry's fall out of power by ignoring a changing marketplace. Just like your argument business folks use Blackberrys, I can make the argument black car drivers used Town Cars and have mostly kept them or moved to Expeditions. Either way I was trying to make a point. Hope it came across...
>>
>>16337825
you mean pic relates? That car came out in '03 and was just a final hold-out for the last remaining Vietnam vets that hadn't bought their "last car I'll ever drive yet" right?
>>
>>16337889
>MKT is a Ford Explorer, and I rejoice it's dead.
>Continental is based heavily off the Taurus.

How many of each of these vehicles have you sat in? Oh so the outside looks similar and it's a similar platform, so it's the same, right?

Actually the Continental is a completely unique platform. Secondly, comparing them based on outside appearance is like comparing a 1977 Thunderbird to a 1977 Mark V. The Thunderbird has the convenience of a CLOCK! The Mark V still impresses everybody that sits in it with cruise control, tilt steering, TWO power front seats, power everything, even auto-dimming high-beams and automatic headlights!!! Hell the '78 got a digital miles-to-empty readout! That car had some options that mid-level Toyota's are JUST NOW getting and some still don't even have two power seats!

Sit inside a Taurus. Wow, I like, vry nice! Oh, big trunk, but little headroom. Now sit inside the Continental. Jaws dropped the moment you reach in through the window and feel the leather on the door sill. Chrome accents, all real wood, all fine leather, pleasing to ALL senses, lacking NOTHING I expect in a well-thought-out luxury barge. The only thing Ford might be the control stalks and the light switch. Dear god, grab your pitchforks...
>>
>>16337889
that'ss my point bro it's just a bad value proposition

German car rankings
1. porsche
2. mercedes benz
3.??
4.??
5. audi
trash tier
99999. BMW

lincoln overpriced just go for a lightly used buick and live with the old man stereotype
>>
>>16337889

Blackberry didn't ignore the changing market. They made the Z10 and Z30 even though in my opinion they should not have bothered. Rather just stuck to the keyboard/trackpad designs that made them popular in the first place. The problem is most American consumers are just sheep following the herd. BB's are the highest quality and best built phones ever. I'm still using a Bold that I got four years ago. Every time I go into Verizon to pay my bill some idiot rep wants to "upgrade" me to some shit Samsung because its "popular" now. I was never a follower just for the sake for fitting in or keeping up with the Jones.
>>
>>16337822
Why isn't this a thing? Surely China or Korea would have something like this? Basically the dealership would only be for warranty and oem repairs and support.

Imagine how much money they would make from pre orders and customised cars from the factory floor? Literally the most dated way I've seen modern Tech handled is how car dealerships function almost identical to how they did almost what 100 years ago? Ffs road cars have more Tech than most cutting edge Motorsports barring something like lmp and sema shit and yet I can't hop onto Amazon and order a 86 with a red supercharger and rally pack.

Fuck this gay Earth and fuck dealerships for existing.

T. Aussie where retailers are going under all the time even dealerships just go the fuck online
>>
>>16338032
>why is the antiquated dealer model still in place?
Because manufacturers have a long history of trying to fuck dealers over at every opportunity and those same dealers got laws passed to insulate themselves from that. Consumers weren't even a consideration.
>>
>>16338205

Why don't manufacturers have their own dealership network instead of third party ones? Personally, I would like to order a vehicle directly online from the manufacturer, agree on a price, and pick it up at the closest dealer. Instead of dealing with the four square, salesmen, commission, haggling, and other assorted bullshit.
>>
Off topic but questions for salesmen: do you hate it when people come just to look at a new model of their car?

I drive a 16 frs and I've been too self conscious to go to the lot to look at the 17 bexcuse I don't want to waste their time
>>
>>16338226
/thread
>>
>>16338230
I'm sure lots of people don't like 100% of everything about their jobs, but it's their job so fuck them. Look if you want
>>
>>16338010
I'm not disagreeing with any of your points. They are completely valid, but it also hits the point I was trying to make home.

If Blackberry would have polished up their OS and encouraged app development right when android and IOS were entering the market they'd still be here today...

Just like if Lincoln would have developed gems like the LS and the towncar rather than axe them Lincoln would be in much better shape.

>>16337961
It's sad too. They used to be such a great brand too.

>>16337939
I call bullshit. The Continental is on the goddamn Ford CD4 platform ya dingus.

And I will grab my pitchfork thank you very much because I don't want the brand to die! This car is going to play out just like the MKZ did... A few gasps and oohs and ahhhs before it fades away into the abyss. Watching Ferd try to "save" Lincoln is like watching an airplane pilot nosedive towards the ocean to put out an engine fire. That last point may be a bit extreme but it infuriates me to see them moving backward
>>
>>16321305
>How can I stop wasting my time
By choosing a career that actually requires an education. Entry level jobs such as car salesman n waiters stand on the lowest rung on the ladder of society. Get a job where you don't have to deal with peoples shit all day.
>>
>>16338230
Everybody is going to get these. I do it to.

OP here. If somebody says they just bought a new car and aren't in the market, that's the only thing that will shut down a sale. Already bought is the ONLY acceptable NO next to "I'm a high fraud risk, wanna check my credit and see?"

If you come to the store and say "I just bought a new car but I'm just curious about this one" I'll put my card in your hand and say "make sure to just carry this in your hand so nobody bothers you while you look" then I just walk over to the key box, press unlock on that car's key, then return to at least say "if you know anybody looking for a new car, send them my way, I'll pay you for your referral. Enjoy." Then I peace out and look for the couple reading window stickers and peering through the tinted windows.
>>
>>16338230

That's why almost every major city has a car show once a year. That's where I do my browsing instead of wasting a dealer's time and dealing with a pushy salesman.
Thread posts: 284
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.