[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trim wrap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2766.jpg (117KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2766.jpg
117KB, 1024x768px
Planning on using some 3M wrap over some trim. Nothing to excessive just 7 plastic, wood-pattern peices. Anyone ever used this kind of stuff before?
>>
What kind of car?
>>
>>16321063
2000 bmw 323i
>>
Also if I dont like the result will it fuck up the pieces if i try to pull the wrap off?
>>
File: IMG_20161124_210226.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161124_210226.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
>>16321073
BMW has one of the best interiors in the market. Why are you going to fuck it up with some stupid stick on stuff?

The previous owner of my G did this exact same thing on the clean silver interior of mine. Although he was actually pretty decent at it it looks like shit at the joints.

Don't op. It will make your car look cheap and teenagery.

Will post pics in a bit when I head to work
>>
>>16321217
Not going to go overboard with it. Some of the pieces have some scratches that arent worth buying a new piece for.

Also I agree that it does have a very nice interior, but I personally dont like the wood pattern used because to me it looks generally dirty
>>
>>16321243
Buy replacement pieces. Don't half ass shit.
>>
>>16321217
probably because it's really not that special, and it's likely faded from age. The car is 16 years old.
>>
>>16321256
Replacement shit is going to be just as worn. OP, pick colors that go with it if you want to sell it. Something close to stock. Also try Plastidip. If you really don't plan to sell just pick things you like.
>>
>>16321277
No it won't. You gotta know where to look.
>>
So yes or no? -> >>16321090
>>
File: 32.jpg (41KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
32.jpg
41KB, 600x477px
>>16321049
Wrapping a shit newer Jetta trim
>>
>>16321638
>le epic meem face
>>
File: Carbon.jpg (451KB, 2048x1433px) Image search: [Google]
Carbon.jpg
451KB, 2048x1433px
>>16321049
Did it on my m3 because the surface of the trim was getting weird. Just make sure you get all the bubbles out. Used cheap film and spent about 1h/piece
>>
>>16321820
looks nice. Thats kinda the goal picture right there
>>
>>16321217
Because the best interior in the market doesn't hold up well to 16-20 years of heating/cooling cycles and what's likely for OP nice wood burl trim when the car was new is chipping/cracking and now looks like ass.

And the replacement trim is $200-400 from the dealer. And used trim is almost all guaranteed to be equally bad shape.

Get 3M DiNoc off Amazon, and don't forget to use heat to go on anything that isn't a perfectly flat surface. Take your time applying it.
>>
>>16322111
Go to a wrap shop and have it professionally installed at least so it doesn't look like shit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.