[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2017 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Coupe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 11

There's nothing much to say. Most of the interior bits and the whole car itself are largely similar to the existing E-Class.

The new stuff is that it's available with an all-new 4-cyl diesel engine(which I think the NA market won't get it.) But for others it consumes 4 liters per 100km which is great.

Standard on all models are the 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission.
>>
Side Profile.
>>
"At market launch, there will be an initial choice between one diesel and three petrol engines with a range of outputs from 135 kW (184 hp) to 245 kW (333 hp). Further engine variants and 4MATIC versions will follow."

An AMG version is in the works.
>>
Top View
>>
Interior - 1
>>
Interior Detail
>>
Interior - 2
>>
So whatcha think, /o/?
>>
4l/100 km
lmao sure
>>
fugly interior especially the dash/infotainment monstrosity
other than that it looks better than the previous gen
>>
>coupe that actually has 2 doors
Thangs bercedes
I was starting to worry they forgot what a coupe actually was
>>
>>16317723
looks exactly like a flattened GLE.
>>
4l/100km

You know those figures are always fucking bullshit and impossible for the customer to achieve?
>>
C coupe looks so much better.
>>
Stupid screen dash is ruining an otherwise perfect interior. Stupid touchscreen generation.
>>
>>16317897
Depends on how you drive and where do you drive the most. I, for example, live in a small town without heavy traffic so there is not a lot of stop and go. Combine that with the fact that 70% of driving I do on an open road and those claimed consumption numbers are not impossible. I average 6 liters on 13 year old 270 cdi. Bet I could average 3.5 on new one.
>>
>>16317949
this is not how engines work
>>
Looks way too similar to the C class coupe. Why would i pay 1.5 times more for something that most people can't even distinguish from the cheaper C class coupe.

I loved back when you saw the actual differences between the classes, now all Mercedes have the same nice but boring face. Same with BMW, you have to look carefully to distinguish 3 from 4 and so on. Audi is by far the worst in this category, they never even had something like character, always looked boringly uniform. Sad to see Mercedes go this way too.
>>
>>16317730
What's the msrp?
>>
>>16317723
>But for others it consumes 4 liters per 100km which is great.

Those numbers are literally ALWAYS off by several
liters.

Average driving consumption will realistically around 6 or 7
>>
>>16318052
Also is it awd or does it come in manual?
>>
>>16318045
If you buy a car to impress other people you're a moron.
>>
>>16318067
This, why pay 55k for some 330hp couple when I can get a brand new Honda Accord coupe for 35k in manual?
>>
>>16318053
But that was the figure the original press release article had.

"New four-cylinder diesel engine

Designed to meet the future RDE limits, the four-cylinder diesel engine from the new family of Mercedes-Benz engines opens up a new dimension in efficiency. With a displacement of around two litres, the new diesel engine delivers 143 kW/194 hp, while the E 220 d impresses with a combined NEDC average consumption of 4.0 litres per 100 kilometres. This is equivalent to CO2 emissions of 106 grams per kilometre. In addition, the four-cylinder with single-stage turbocharger and variable turbine geometry is distinguished by a high level of refinement. Both the cylinder head and the crankcase are made of aluminium. The Mercedes-Benz-developed NANOSLIDE® surface coating efficiently reduces the friction between cylinder liner and steel piston.

All the models available at market launch are equipped as standard with the 9G-TRONIC nine-speed automatic transmission, which allows fast gearshifts along with lower engine speeds. This has a particularly beneficial effect on efficiency and noise."

Here's the main article.
>https://www.netcarshow.com/mercedes-benz/2017-e-class_coupe/

>>16318052
The US prices hasn't been announced yet.

Yes, it's available in AWD, 4matic.

And no, it's not available in a manual. A 9 speed Auto is the only transmission available.
>>
>>16318102
How boring that it doesn't have a manual awd

I went to a car show recently where they had a few of these Mercedes and they all have fucking knows for their gear shift now and these fake ass paddle ahifters
>>
>>16318107
>How boring that it doesn't have a manual awd
Get a Subaru if you want those both. You must be one hell of a dumbass to come to Mercedes for an AWD manual car.
>>
>>16317723
Sixty miles per gallon is hybrid tier mileage. And I don't see a massive battery unit in there.
>>
>>16318067
Mercedes is bought for the sole purpose of impressing other people.
>>
>>16318102
>But that was the figure the original press release article had.

Original press releases are always full of bullshit you idiot.
Those mileage figures can only be achieved under very specific lab conditions, impossible in real life.
>>
>>16318151
This. If you want luxury and value for the money, you go for Genesis or Lexus.
>>
>>16318157
I never said that are the original figures. I just conveyed that here.
>>
>>16318163
Oh, okay, sorry then.
>>
>>16318166
No problem, bud.

Also that's the first time, I saw a person saying "sorry" on 4chan. *there exits a 10% doubt that it was sarcastic*
>>
>>16318107
Mercedes hasn't done manual in a long time.

S coupe looks pretty boring, especially since its base price is probably going to be the same as the AMG GT, and $40K above the AMG C63 S coupe.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.