[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why no popup headlights anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 4th Stage.png (121KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
4th Stage.png
121KB, 300x300px
Why no popup headlights anymore?
>>
ugly/out of style
less reliable than fixed headlights
worse for aerodynamics
heavy

100% unpractical waste of money for companies
>>
>>16317025
but it looks cool
>>
>>16317037
nah theyre horribly dated
>>
>>16317002
they only exist to get around head lamp height laws
>>
>>16317037
Doesn't matter, these things were taking off limbs, gotta think about pedestrian safety
>>
>>16317025
Err
>Pedestrian safety
>>
>>16317058
err

no company would waste time with them anyway
>>
how the fuck were they unsafe for pedestrians?

is this some sort of (((conspiracy)))??
>>
>>16317025
>ugly
>"aerodynamics"
>heavy
kill yourself
>>16317045
Good, people will learn to pay attention to what they are doing.
>>
>>16317067
Lel, do you see any cars being made with pop-ups? Oh, that's right
>>
>>16317066
yes

how would a big airbrake jutting up on the front of the car cause any problems
>>
File: dgs.png (49KB, 664x589px) Image search: [Google]
dgs.png
49KB, 664x589px
Because they serve no purpose anymore and suck dick in the winter.
>>
>>16317002
they don't look ANGRY!. and how can you sell SOFT GIRL CARS to MEN. just look at that GIRLY miata. where are the ENGRY frown lines and big MANLY fish face grill.
>>
>>16317293
see look at this thing. it's laughing at you. because you're bumb. and i'm not. when people see we in this there gonna know I better that them. yea everyone is gonna know i'm a MAN when they see me in this. because it's as ANGRY as I am.
>>
>>16317002
Muh safety
Muh chilluns
>>
>>16317085
If you are close enough to get hit by the headlight you are close enough to get hit by the rest of the car.
>>
>>16318316
Most pop ups are above and a few inches behind the front bumper. If a car hits you going say 30 mph, the front bumper will hit your legs first, causing your legs to move from where they were on the ground, causing the rest of your body to fall, think of what happens when you slip and on ice or something while youre walking, only instead it's a car hitting you. The rest of your body is going to get hit by anything above the bumper, aka you might get hit by a pop up headlight. A blunt sharp object isgoing to impale you at 30 mph, it's not going to simply leave a bruise
>>
>>16318651
>A blunt sharp object
>>
File: Evo_X_PUHs.jpg (49KB, 636x440px) Image search: [Google]
Evo_X_PUHs.jpg
49KB, 636x440px
>>16317073
>>
>>16319496

Is this real???
>>
>>16319496
That's really cool. It would look better if the nose of the car were a little lowered/more tapered though since that's what pop ups are supposed to enable anyway.
>>
File: 2016-10-18 18.49.10.jpg (1016KB, 1514x935px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-18 18.49.10.jpg
1016KB, 1514x935px
something about them gets me. i dont ever want to be without them!
>>
File: IMG_2671.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2671.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
FeelsGood
>>
>out of fashion, no longer useful in the era of super high front ends being necessary period
>expensive to replace, massively more complex than just a light that turns on when given power
>square shapes are out of fashion and nobody's out there looking for 928 headlights on modern cars
>takes up space that fwd shitboxes are trying to use on making their car's engine bay even smaller
i think that covers most of it
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.