[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to find a...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Hey, /o/.

I've got a job where I drive around all day with tools and fix stuff. I almost always take my doggo with me since it's easier than leaving her most of the time and my customers are almost always dog friendly so why not, right?

Anyway, I've being contemplating what would be the perfect vehicle for me and I think that a Ford Explorer Police Interceptor with a K9 package installed would be the ultimate thing. Occasionally I have to leave the dog in the truck and although I've been doing it for years by parking in the shade, in the bed with a side window popped on the camper shell, it isn't the ideal solution, having to frequently check on the dog and constantly worrying about her possibly being stolen. Having a system that would keep her climate controlled with a remote monitor like a police k9 package does would be great.

I've searched around but I'm not seeing any FEPI K9 packages available anywhere. Do any of you know where I should be looking?

Thanks!
>>
>>16316152
Wouldn't it make more sense to instead not bring your dog to work?
>>
>>16316163
You would think, but it's more of a pain in the ass to leave her at home.
>>
i just tie mine up and let them lay under the tailgate with a bowl of icy water. no problem for them even in middle of australian summer.

>>16316163
doggo serves as company and theft deterrent
>>
>>16316181
I'd do that but we're talking industrial areas of Los Angeles (could get stolen) and she's extremely dog aggressive. Any dog that wanders into her is going to get murdered.

Having her chilling out (literally) in a car is ideal.

The camper shell isn't bad, it actually works OK from a comfort standpoint. It just isn't very secure.
>>
K9 unit cars should be sold at auction like any other retired police car. They are rarer and police departments may also scrap or part them out because not many buy them. I wasn't aware of the climate controls but there's a possibility it might be disconnected or tore out for auction. I met a guy that had a k9 crown vic and did what you are thinking with his German Shepherd. Great thing is the platform for the dog to stand in. You could do that to just about any other car though.
>>
The K9 cars I've worked on have had cooling systems for the dogs and a monitor that alerts you when the temp gets high. I'm sure you could retrofit this to any SUV
>>
>>16316601
Yes, I looked into it. Unfortunately the kits and support systems are qbout 5 to 7k all together.

I figured picking one up already done would be the cheapest way.
>>
>>16316774
Police cars are really cheap. You could try writing your local pd, explaining how you want a k9 unit and where they retire them. They may help you out on where they go.
>>
>>16316774
hate to bust your bubble but PD's either sell the K9 package shit separate, or pay to have it moved to a new SUV when they retire an old one. You are NEVER gonna see an ex-SUV with all the K-9 shit still in it at auction.
>>
>>16316878
I've seen K9 vics sold like that.
>>
>>16316878
>>16316901
Yea me too, shut up faggot you obviously don't know shit. "Hate to break it to ya...." like you some kind of expert pssssssssh eat a dick scrub
>>
>>16316152
I would never hire anyone who brought their dog to work. Even if it was sweeping leaves

Not joking. You should just not bring your dog to work.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.