[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Impala Vs Malibu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: impala.jpg (75KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
impala.jpg
75KB, 900x600px
Most people seem to appreciate Impala's more than Malibu's, but from having driven a Malibu for a while, I've had no issues.
What makes Impala's better?
>>
both are nigger-tier shitboxes
>>
>>16316062
Thanks? I've only seen about 2 Civics locally, otherwise I'd probably be driving one of those.
>>
>>16316028
The Impala was on a completely different platform until the most recent one. The 2000-2015 Impala (2014-2015 being fleet only) were using the W-body chassis, released in 1988. Old as it is, it's a very good chassis

Anyways, the 2006-2015 Impala had a few things you just could not get in a Malibu.
First, the Impala's were V6 only, with the weakest of them making 211 HP, so it's always had decent get up and go. Most Malibu's from 2004+ have been 4 cylinder models making 140-184 HP.
The Impala is also much more comfy than the Malibu.
The Impala also had 3 features you just couldn't get in a Malibu.
A bench seat and a column shifter, both of which made them popular with old people.
From 2006-2009, there was an Impala SS model powered by a 5.3L V8 making 300 HP.

In 2012, GM tossed out the pushrod 3.5L and 3.9L V6's and made the 3.6L DOHC V6 standard on the W-body Impala, bumping the horsepower of even base model Impalas to 300 HP. This makes them sleepers. People like sleepers.
>>
>>16316115
Thanks.
>>16316062
Why are they nigger-tier shitboxes to you?
>>
>>16316133
He's saying it because niggers commonly drive them.
>>
>>16316162
Sure.
>>16316062
Why are they shitboxes to you?
>>
File: 2007-chevrolet-impala-ss.jpg (14KB, 429x262px) Image search: [Google]
2007-chevrolet-impala-ss.jpg
14KB, 429x262px
the SS models with the 5.3 V8 put down impressive acceleration numbers, 0-60 in 5.6 seconds. Its suspension is pretty shit though, pulling 0.81 g's, and its a fwd V8 sedan so that a whole of issues in its own.

definitely better options though. That gen impala was literally the definition of pre-bailout GM. Utter mediocrity...
>>
>>16316115
>base model Impalas to 300 HP
>Ford Taurus SHO at 365 HP

Imagine a modern Impala SS.

(I guess the Chevy SS can count, though - but FWD 'performance' like the SHO, SS and GXP is where the fun is)
>>
>>16316662
when they made the jump to the Epsilon 2 extended wheelbase platform in 2014 for normal consumers (not fleet), the base Impala engine became the 200 HP 2.5L Ecotec I4, with the 305 HP 3.6L V6 as an option.

As to competing with the Taurus SHO with a new Impala SS< GM already has THE drivetrain to do it. The 2014-current Impala's Sister car, the Cadillac XTS came in a V-sport model which featured AWD, the same exact transmission as the Taurus SHO, and a 420 HP 3.6L Twin Turbo V6. GM has everything to make a great new Impala SS. They just won't.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.