[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

03 v8 4runner OR 01 v6 outback?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20161206-015233.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161206-015233.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
Plz help.
2003 v8 4 runner sr5 in decent condition for 3k Canadian. (330k km)
Or
2001 h6 outback in decent condition? (370k km)

Need a comfortable ride that is relative high off the ground (I have lower back issues from construction )
Need it as a winter beater.
Need reliability for the next 6 years.
Ease of working on (I love this).
Want to fit lots of shit in the back for camping / driving cross country.
I'm 30/M/balding. No racing or drifting shit.

My thoughts:
I'm a Toyota fanboy. It can be lifted pretty high.
Scoobys are nice but I know literally nothing about them.

Tyvm for your help guys!
>>
>>16315934
It really depends on if you want more of an suv or more of a car

they're both quality vehicles
>>
>>16315934
You're asking for 6 more years of reliability on a 14 and 16 year old vehicle both over 200k miles. I'm sorry but if you think that either vehicle will be trouble free, you're delusional. Out of your options you're best bet will be the 4Runner. Though you will have to deal with frozen break calipers, wheel bearings going bad, serpentine belt replacement and the dashboard cracking. Also if you get a sunroof, you must constantly clear out the drains or water will leak in.
>>
>>16315985
I'm ok with all of the aforementioned work.
I'm also ok with light engine work.
>>
>>16316255
Both vehicles have timing belts.
The outback has the most comfy seats for your back
>>
>>16316287
Kek. Ty for the response :3
>>
>>16315934
Red pill me on either one /o/
>>
>>16316287
Actually the H6 has a timing chain. Overall a very reliable motor.
>>
>>16319051
So which one would you get?
>>
>>16315934
Do you want okay mileage? Because the Subaru would probably give you that. If you don't care about mileage like I do then go for the 4runner, I have a 3rd gen myself and I love it. You'd be looking at about 15 mpg stock give or take. Excellent trucks though.
>>
>>16320777
Milage is meeeeeh. I'll just get gas at Costco, which in the end should cover the milage.

I'm going to go see both cars this weekend and try to make a decision.
>>
4runner all the way

>Vee 8 powah
>Body on frame SUV
>Rwd for joining
>Real 4x4 for real off roading
>>
>>16321400
*Hooning
>>
>>16321400
Dubs dont lie.

I'm gonna go see the condition that it is in.

I'm scared for frame rust
>>
>>16315934
4 runner or Nissan Xterra 00-04 with the 3.3 vg33e
I have an Xterra and I've been happy with it gets though the snow good and starts on 5f days every time.
It's also nice it's body in frame and feels like you are driving a truck but the only thing I don't like is that it doesn't have much power only 180hp with the Na 3.3 but you can get the supercharged 3.3 with 210hp
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.