[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should GM give hummer another chance? with g classes selling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 98.yellow.hmcs.450.jpg (31KB, 450x268px) Image search: [Google]
98.yellow.hmcs.450.jpg
31KB, 450x268px
should GM give hummer another chance?
with g classes selling like hotcakes i think there's room for some competition
maybe reboot the H1 under GMC to save time and money?
>>
>>16315190

No. By the time you get something like that to meet modern safety and emission bullshit it will be a Minivan based FWD piece of shit. A Suburban is close enough.
>>
They gave away /sold the licending or something to china and I think there's a company that still makes them. American Hummers are die. I'm pretty sure you can buy a street legal humvee for less than the mercedes anyways
>>
>>16315190
>with g classes selling like hotcakes
Are they?
>>
>>16315190
If not for emissions standards it'd totally come back.
>>
>>16315204
they never gave or sold it. they were going to sell to a chinese company but the deal fell through, which is why GM discontinued the brand.

they still own it.

also they COULD, but with the oppressive regulations in place today, it could never work.

maybe if trump kills CAFE or slashes it.
>>
>>16315190
http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2011/01/mercedes-benz-g-class-sales-figures.html
>Around 8-11 sold per day in the entire US
>Selling like hotcakes

The G is not a pseudo-military vehicle. It is a luxury status symbol. Hummer has practically no brand cachet whatsoever.

In 1992, the H1 sold for 40,500 base, or around 70k in 2016 USD. What's a non-luxury large offroading SUV with a price that high?

The Toyota Land Cruiser.

The only reason Toyota keeps the Land Cruiser around in the US is because it's a venerable name and the second Toyota ever sold here. Toyota does not profit from US Land Cruisers. If GM has no reason to bring the H1 back, why should they?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but any non-Chvy SUV made by GM from now on will most likely be a rebadged chevrolet. Buick Encore, GMC Yukon, Escalade, H2 when it was around. All rebadged.
>>
>>16315207
they are here
for every g-something i find i see 4 land cruisers so let that be a scale for you

>>16315204
i heard about that a while ago but yeah the deal didn't go through

>>16315228
they can just give it an existing engine and an underpowered diesel like they did before?
>>
>>16315320
>For every G-something I find 4 land cruisers

Do you live in the outback?
>>
>>16315348
nope
middle eastern
>>
>>16315320
>they can just give it an existing engine and an underpowered diesel like they did before?

There's no way in hell they'd get away with selling ANYTHING with a 15+ second 0-60 time. That's almost dangerous in modern traffic, even a modern semi truck can out-accelerate a H1. To get 8000lbs to accelerate acceptably you'd need a big ass engine, even with short gearing and a 10 speed transmission.
>>
>>16315351
Yes, I'm very, very sure that a vehicle that is modeled after an American military vehicle would sell very, very well in the Middle East, yes.
>>
>>16315364
that's not the point
i just asked a hypothetical question
i didn't even mention them coming back here
>>
>>16315375
My point is the US market and the Middle Eastern markets are very different. The US market is the one place where Hummers might actually sell, and large, expensive, offroading SUVs don't sell as well as some may think.
>>
>>16315391
>The US market and the Middle Eastern markets are very different
Not as much as you'd think
>>
>>16315391
well i know that
again,just a hypothetical question and a half assed scale

>>16315418
what do we have in common?
>>
File: x09hm_3t012.jpg (45KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
x09hm_3t012.jpg
45KB, 450x300px
I don't see the Hummer brand being relevant anymore, it might have a chance with something more like the H3 in the small SUV marketing compete against Jeep. Possibly also making trucks as that is all the rage now.

Problem with the H1 was it wasn't made for the street at all, it was a full blown military vehicle. Too wide and specialized parts made it complicated for maintenance. Modern diesels would arguably be less reliable than early 2000 Duramaxs die to modern emissions.

H2 was underrated imo. It failed heavily due to an underpowered 6.0 putting out only 325hp max. And a gas guzzling full time 4x4. The engine problem was fixed in 2008 but it was too late, only a handful sold. The H2 was not near as luxurious as a Land Rover or Mercedes, rich people don't give two shits about off road capability.

The H3 was perfectly sized. But based on the Colorado which was the worst mid sized truck ever created. Underpowered i5 and everything broke off road. Later they put a 5.3 and created a truck version but again was too late.
>>
>>16315442
Not him but lived there for a while, they absolutely LOVE American cars down there, hummers sold quite well as they were a starush symbol for the upper middle class, crown vics were still sold there even after they stopped being sold in America cause big v8, bro trucks sell like crazy and it's the only place other than America where gm and Ford sold all their 'luxury' trim vehicles
That appears to be changing though with the falling oil prices since austerity is driving Arabs to buy Japanese and European cars instead of their previously standard American luxobarge
>>
>>16316187
saudi arabia?
that's where the crown vics shined
and yeah the ram is the go-to brotruck of choice
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.