[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw still having trouble with first gear fuck this gay earf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1478662267602.jpg (114KB, 624x960px) Image search: [Google]
1478662267602.jpg
114KB, 624x960px
>tfw still having trouble with first gear
fuck this gay earf
>>
Can you get the car going using only the clutch and not the gas at all? Good way to feel it out as long as it's not a car that basically can't do that.
>>
Wat kar?
Git gud.
>>
File: goyim.jpg (322KB, 1588x1233px) Image search: [Google]
goyim.jpg
322KB, 1588x1233px
>>16315209
Yea, I can. I handle first gear it just feels like it could stall at any moment. And it's not a smooth constant held RPM. I get it going, then it drops to 900 before coming back which worries me. I keep thinking one time I'll just stall doing it the way I do it. Not a quick launch either...
>>16315215
a v6 mustang
>>
>>16315249
Drops to 900? Surely it doesn't idle higher than 900 unless it's cold or something. The idea is to just touch the bite point and ride it until you can let the clutch all the way out and the whole thing is more or less smooth.

Once you learn that bite point by muscle memory, it's a lot easier to tip the throttle in at the same time to get a nice firm jump. But maybe some different technique would work better for you. If you're not stalling it all over the place as it is, you're not doing so bad.
>>
>>16315284
Yea I didn't explain myself that clearly. I can get going consistently...but it feels choppy in the middle. I'll pre-rev it to 1500, let off the bite some, try and apply some gas (I'm moving at this point), rpms drop to ~900 then eventually comes back. Should I just be gassing it harder ?
I'm not at the point where I don't have to pre-rev it and go...that's what I need to practice is letting off the bite point and then pushing down the gas, none of this pre-rev shit and I think I'd be better off. Thanks for the advice!
> it's a lot easier to tip the throttle in at the same time to get a nice firm jump
That's what I'll work on.
>>
>>16315315
Yeah I find if you rev it up a lot before letting the clutch out it actually tends to be more sensitive and you have to ride it longer and harder until it sounds like taking off in an automatic. Although sometimes that's a good bet once you have the hang of it, like on a hill, or if you just stalled it and want to get out of the way and hide in shame.

But some people do better that way. When I was helping one of my friends learn to drive stick, I just waited until he could reliably rev and ride without fear of stalling, and then I said alright how about trying more clutch and less gas? He was like oh wow that's great!
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.