[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Took my vehicle to an auto body shop a little while ago. Had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1475796437336.png (374KB, 838x521px) Image search: [Google]
1475796437336.png
374KB, 838x521px
Took my vehicle to an auto body shop a little while ago. Had no brakes. Was putting my foot through the floor board like fred flintstone to stop.

They took a look and said I needed a new caliper, two new rotors, and 2 new pads. $500 for parts and labor. Chevy Blazer 2000.

Fair price? I know dick all about cars.
>>
That ain't all too bad. You could probably get it down to $200 by doing it yourself, but for a shop to do it thats a fair price
>>
>>16314474

Not bad. It's not a hard job but it's a bit time consuming, and the parts aren't too cheap either.
>>
>>16314474
Fair price
t. Collision repair shop employee
>>
protip: if you hadnt waited so fucking long you would only have had to replace the pads

but now since you fucking waited so long you fucked up your rotors and calipers
>>
File: 96789678.png (10KB, 291x438px) Image search: [Google]
96789678.png
10KB, 291x438px
>>16314485
>>16314495
>>16314501
Well at least it is an honest ass fuck

>rip food for a week
>>
>>16314509
I'm kindaproud that you know they aree charging fair market value and you're ok with it

go work some OT and call it a wash
>>
>>16314474
>Took my vehicle to an auto body shop
why?
>>
>>16314683
That is kind of how a good economy runs. I know dick all about cars so when mine breaks I pay money to have someone fix it. Likewise I do know a good deal about cellphones and computers so people pay me to fix theirs. That is how it works.

Either you put in the time to do it yourself or pay someone to do it for you.
>>
>>16314704
Hey, he said he knows nothing. Better than 95% of the help-me threads we get.
>>
>>16314474
Same thing just happened to me last week I know the pain anon
>>
>>16314718
if you have jackstands, a friend and a free arfternoon you can replace the whole brake system easaly enough. just need to buy the parts.
>>
>>16314474
Thats actually pretty cheap, Probably would have been around 6 or 7 depending on brand selected.
>>
>>16314713
except a functioning human being should be able to do the basics in regards to every part of their life. Fix your own computer, clean your own gutters, and know when to change your fucking brakes.
>>
>>16316945
Everyone should absolutely know these things, sure, except your qualification of "functioning" and "basics" isn't everyone else's.

I have the knowledge ranging from "can do it myself" to full certification in everything from mechanics to electrical work to wood working to construction to all manners of IT and system admin. I've rebuilt my own engine, house, computer, Linux distro, and life multiple times.

That doesn't mean that, after years and years of doing all this shit myself, now that I finally have the money and resources to handle it, I don't feel like my time is better spent dropping off my car at JIffy Lube while my wife and I go have a nice lunch instead of getting my clothes dirty and turning wrenches for 20 minutes.

Doing all this shit isn't free--it still costs you your time. It's only worth it to save the money if you don't have the money. If you're struggling, by all means you need to be doing this shit yourself.

inb4 doesnt enjoy doing oil changes must hate cars, theres a lot more enjoyment in the process of building/modifying a car or engine or driving the thing than routine maintenance
>>
>>16317421
Maybe you should have noticed something was up when you had to brake hard af to stop?

Not basics just common sense
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.