[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For reasons I can't disclose at this time, there is a variety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1479687427191.jpg (67KB, 822x899px) Image search: [Google]
1479687427191.jpg
67KB, 822x899px
For reasons I can't disclose at this time, there is a variety of shit in my gas tank right now ranging from tiny wet paper particles, orange soda, small amounts of brake fluid, small amounts of brake cleaner, and probably some small plastic particles.

My question is: how big of a deal is this? Wont it just get combusted in the engine (if it even makes it there)?

And this is for a carbureted motorcycle by the way
>>
>>16314162
You're fucked m8. Drop the tank and take all the shit out before you ruin your bike.
>>
>>16314162
Just take the tank off and drain it... or take the fuel line and filter off and drain it. I wouldn't want to run any of that shit through a carb
>>
why even risk it? should be more accessable on bike no?
>>
>>16314170
>>16314172

It's not a lot and I just filled up the tank with 3+ gallons of gas so it should be fairly diluted. And in all honesty, I don't see what mechanism would actually fuck anything up in my engine. All that shit is combustible anyways (minus the plastic which hopefully gets stuck in the filter and the soda)
>>
>>16314162
Have you started it since the shit was in?
If you have, the needle valve is probably fucked and the nozzle is probably clogged to shit.

You're fucked basically.

If you haven't started it up, you should be fine if you drain the tank and replace it or if you're poor, clean it thoroughly.
>>
>>16314162
Damn dude what'd you do, cheat on your boyfriend?
>>
Clean your gas tank as soon as possible. One drop of soda can damage your engine
>>
>>16314283
To make a long story short, I accidentally perforated my gas tank a while back and I did a real shit job at using JB Weld to seal the hole. I forgot to mention that there is also a bunch of JB Weld in my gas tank too. I had to siphon gas from one of my other bikes using a MityVac and corroded hoses from bleeding brakes. I was collecting the gas into a used McDonald's soda cup that had been sitting for a few days and was stained from the orange soda that was in there. The plastic cup instantly started disintegrating the minute I started using it to collect gas and bits of the cup were visibly folding over and drifting in the gas.
>>
>>16314308
Oh dude that was a pretty good laugh. Thank you.
but, the brake fluid and orange soda aren't anything to worry about. I just really hope there's a filter on that gas line.
Next time use a coffee filter or even a paper towel to strain the large chunks out of the gas before it hits the tank.
>>
>>16314308
You sound like a complete fuckwat and I don't really care what you do.
>>
>>16314308
Oh, hey, another thing. Gallon jugs and water bottles do pretty well to contain gas. Anything made of high-density polyethylene, really. That's what gas cans are made out of.
>>
>>16314337
Yes, that was my original plan. I drove to the gas station and bought a one gallon container and then filled it up. I threw it in the back of my cargo van thinking it wouldn't slide around. Big mistake. Not only did it slide around, it actually slid straight into the foot well by the side door and flipped over. It leaked everywhere and then I drove all the way home with gas dripping out of the side of my van and leaving a nice trail.

I wasn't going to go back to the gas station again so I just siphoned the gas I had left from my other bikes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.