[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought a 25 year old Honda for cheap. It has quite a few

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: car.jpg (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
car.jpg
105KB, 640x480px
Just bought a 25 year old Honda for cheap. It has quite a few problems though. I was wondering what I should repair first and if there are things I should try and fix without taking it to a shop. I don't have much that money right now. D you think it can be restored easily, or will I just keep running into more problems? It's got a lot of miles on it so i'm not sure how easy this will be.
>>
>>16308872
Blown headgasket
>>
>>16308881
Is that something I will run into?
>>
I wouldn't even bother with the rack and pinion until it shits out, they are probably exaggerating. Would get a second opinion on the tires, did they actually take all of the wheels off to know the brakes/rotors AND calipers are bad? Smells like my boyfriend's diapers to me.
>>
>>16308911
yeah they took off the tires and showed me that the brake booster is leaking. I don't think i'll bother buying new tires for a while though. I know that the tires are fine.
>>
>>16308911
I mean they took off all the wheels, not tires.
>>
>>16308893
>will my car's engine eventually start to fall apart
I'll let you figure that one out, OP.
>>
>>16308872
>needs two tires, reccomend 4
put the shitty tires on the back axle problem solved
>shose
WEW
>clyliners
LAD
>booster is making noise
as long as the noise is not a long "hissss" ur good
>big O
run far away and fix it all yourself, start with brakes they're pretty easy
>>
>>16308964
top kek, this

Ebay is your friend with old shitty cars. You can get front/rear ceramic break pads and rotors for $100 or less. I wouldn't worry about the calipers until you get it off and realize it needs to be replaced and get a pair from vatozone
>>
>>16308893
Replace gasket bots on engine and belts first thing. Get them to check mounts.for dampeners to see if they are ok.
>>
>>16308964
Yeah, the sound is like a hiss when I turn off the engingine. Will the shose and cylinders cost a load?
>>
File: 1201537_1365268218818_full.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1201537_1365268218818_full.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>mfw I don't know anything about cars or what anyone is saying
>>
>>16309087
Are you OP? Basically it's probably not as serious as those illiterate tards are saying it is. You bought a beater, when shit starts grinding I'd look into it while saving for another car
>>
>>16308872
Just do whatever you mechanic says it needs.
God, I hate these normie thread.
>>
>>16308979
Yes sure, buy ceramic BRAKE NOT BREAK pads and die on a 5 minute grocery run because your brakes were cold and had 0 braking power
>>
>>16308911
>>16308872
This reminds me of being young and poor
>take car to some shop because needs an oil change and I have no dad
>they call me up to say I need a COOLANT FLUSH because mine is dirty
>manufacturer manual says coolant is good for at least 5 years
>it had been a year since it got a timing belt replaced(which means water pump replacement and also coolant flush, i was poor not dumb)
>tell them no, i know it doesn't need one
>get car back
>oil leak after starting the engine, literally 30 seconds after I got it(puddle where it parked)
>drive it into their lift before dude can put next car in and have him check it out
>he had put the oil filter o ring wrong
>go to department store
>buy a bunch of tools
>become /o/tist
>>
I like this car. I worked at a sonic a while ago and my coworker had a crx. so after riding my bike 7 miles to work for a couple of years, avoiding taking a bus and nearly dying by motorists I saved up and bought this shitty car. I live with my grandpa making min wage at a pizza shop. I wish I knew someone who is car savvy but nah.
>>
File: meme.jpg (140KB, 1280x843px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
140KB, 1280x843px
I literally got sick of taking my car to a busy ass shop, and waiting weeks for them to dick me around with high priced repairs i could do in an hour.

I bought a nice ratchet set, a good set of screw drivers and a few other smaller hand tools.

been able to fix all my own shit so far, and my cars run better then ever.
>>
>>16308872
>leaking brake cylinders
Your rear brakes are going to fail soon
>>
File: Funny-Honda-Meme-15.jpg (132KB, 700x824px) Image search: [Google]
Funny-Honda-Meme-15.jpg
132KB, 700x824px
Why don't you take your little Honda and go kill yourself you useless damn Hondafag!!

Before you know it you'll be ricing that shit and thinking that you're driving a supercar.

People like you shouldn't fucking exist. Go fuck yourself you piece of trash.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.