[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sick car

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1480481652480.jpg (133KB, 1024x883px) Image search: [Google]
1480481652480.jpg
133KB, 1024x883px
Hi /o/. Just popping in for a vehicle repair question. I don't know much about them.

I live in North Dakota and it is fucking cold right now. Had 2 "blizzards" in the past 2 weeks. About 4 days ago when it started staying -0 my brakes have begun going to shit. It wasn't too bad at first but now I have pretty much nothing. I feel next to no resistance pushing down and only the very slightest with my foot through the floor board.

It is taking me nearly 7 car lengths to stop if I am traveling 20mph. It is a used as fuck Chevy Blazer 2000. Brake fluid looked dirty but is at the fill line.

Any ideas what it may be?
>>
>>16306554
flush system to be sure, check pads and rotors for buildup or wear. try DOT 4 brake fluid.
>>
>>16306566
>flush system to be sure, check pads and rotors for buildup or wear
Yeah there is no way in shit I can do any of that.

Rough estimate of what a shop will charge? Just general price range, I am not looking to get jewed too hard.
>>
>>16306575
2-3 hours of labor plus parts at your local rates. most shops post their hourly rate where you talk to the receptionist.
>>
I came here with a question about my brakes too. Sorry to hear OP. I live in the panhandle of Florida and boy am I glad that it's not 0. I drive a 98 Camry and as I brake there's a high pitch squeal. I know it's not the pads. I don't know anything about cars...
>>
Brake lines probably need to be bled, might also want to check for a brake line leak if this just started happening with the weather.
>>
>>16306600
a rock might be jammed between the disk and pad, it will wear flat.
>>
>>16306600

Probably rotors. If you haven't noticed any severe decrease in quality of braking then it's probably not a bad caliper or anything. Probably not a wheel bearing given it only happens while braking.
>>
>>16306554
did she get in a car accident? her airbags went off
>>
>>16306611
What do I do to the rotors?
>>
File: images.jpg (8KB, 291x173px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 291x173px
>>16306632
Don't do anything to the rotors, that's a last resort. I've heard that exact sound 2 times.
Once it was just my brake pads being worn out, the other time it was a rock jammed in it, which you can get out with a pressure washer.

Try the cheaper stuff first, besides replacing brake pads is never a bad idea and it's not very expensive if you do it yourself. And it's not hard to do yourself just YouTube someone doing it to your specific car.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.