[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 24. Long story short, I got involved in one major accident

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1325022643363.jpg (70KB, 320x367px) Image search: [Google]
1325022643363.jpg
70KB, 320x367px
I'm 24. Long story short, I got involved in one major accident and a minor scratch incident in a span of around 3 months, both of which were my fault. My insurance will most likely not renew me next term, and I'll have to deal with that, but I'm hella stressed right now.

But I've been driving since I was legal in Ohio and never got involved in an accident for 6+ years and then moving to California, this happened barely 6 months after I got here.

I'm willing to suck up and say that despite what I said above, I am probably still a bad/horrible driver. But what should I do to improve my driving skills? Taking a defensive driving course is one option but I would like to know if there is any other options that I can reasonably take.
>>
>>16305848
If you don't give any details on how you fucked up, then I can't help you get good.
>>
>>16305848
get dairyland insurance, it is for alcoholics and minorities, and delinquents like you ;)
>>
>>16305890
this

pics/story plz
>>
>>16305890
>>16305909

Well, alright. The first incident happened when I was driving home from work. I didn't brake on time and I rear ended into a car in front of me. This caused a chain reaction which involved two other cars, both which got dents/scratches. I totaled my car and the car in front of me. Had to pull on the side of the road and get everyone's info and stuff for claims and had the police report and everything done. No big problem at that time, stuff happens, I thought, so I was going to suck it up and pay whatever extra the insurance company might charge me to renew me.

I then got that incident over with and started leasing an slightly older but newer car. Today with the second incident, I went and was parking in a busy supermarket with almost no spaces and cars circling around. A space opened between two vans, and I wanted to go into the space. After I did some adjusting, I was sure I would be able to go in without hitting anything. However, as I nearly finished the 90 degree turn, I scratched the bumper of the van on my left and then hit then scratched the door of the van on my right. Since I'm not the type of person to do a hit and run, especially with cameras around, I went inside the store and had them call up the owners and I had to trade insurance information and etc. since there was no way I would be able to negotiate out of pocket.
>>
>>16306270
maybe you should just stop driving for a bit.

i did and it helped my anxiety recover
>>
>>16306270

Also can't post any pictures since 4chan thinks its spam but I think you can imagine how bad it was.

In any case, yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm screwed in terms of insurance even though I have it from State Farm. Are non-standard insurance firms horrible to deal with?
>>
>>16306282

This isn't an option for me since I just started working and I live 30-40 minutes away from my work, so ride sharing services aren't an option either as that would eat away at my salary.
>>
>>16306298
well suck it up princess
>>
>>16306270
Good for you for staying
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.