[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Trump gets rid of CAFE will gaz-guzzlers come back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 19

If Trump gets rid of CAFE will gaz-guzzlers come back?
>>
>>16303915

They never left...
>>
What is CAFE?
>>
>>16303960
Corporate Average Fuel Economy standards.
>>
File: black-f250-rolls-coal-600.jpg (21KB, 599x338px) Image search: [Google]
black-f250-rolls-coal-600.jpg
21KB, 599x338px
>>16303915
>buying a truck that big with a gas engine
wtf were they even thinking
>>
>>16303915
No.

Gas prices will never fall back to pre-crunch levels, and consumers are still very conscious of fuel economy. Gas guzzlers are no longer acceptable on the mass market outside of specialty/performance vehicles.
>>
>>16304219
Can someone explain why diesel is seen as superior to gas in big trucks? I really dont know.
>>
>>16304481
So fags can burn on borderline nonfunctionality so that they can smoke out cars and increase their dick size.
>>
newsflash: trump isnt going to change what cars are allowed on the road

trump isnt going to get rid of echeck

trump isnt going to make cool looking cars come back

trump isnt going to change the cars automakers produce

trump isnt going to lower taxes related to vehicles

trump WILL make your internet slower

trump WILL make it harder to export jobs

trump WILL make all of us redo our health care
>>
>>16304499
>trump WILL make it harder to export jobs
good
>trump WILL make all of us redo our health care
He already said he isn't.
>>
>>16304481
More torque
>>
File: U8jymmw.jpg (542KB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
U8jymmw.jpg
542KB, 2322x4128px
>>16304481
diesel engines are built heavier, last longer, make more torque, and usually get better fuel economy. the trade off is higher maintenance costs.
>>
>>16304499
/u/spez sez so
>>
>>16304520
>Ford
Look at that vomit pile of an engine.

Powerstrokes are cancer.
>>
File: 1473986262562.jpg (211KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1473986262562.jpg
211KB, 1024x768px
>>16304481
>The power
>The boost
>That feeling when pulling a heavy trailer like it's not even there.
Glorious diesel
>>
>>16303915
CAFE isn't dated to be revised until like 2030. And CAFE actuslly encourages production of nothing but gas guzzlers.
>>
File: 1454553786431.jpg (188KB, 1100x760px) Image search: [Google]
1454553786431.jpg
188KB, 1100x760px
>>16304481
>more efficient low rpm power
>more effective and efficient for towing
>broad powerband in the rev range that is actually used
>more reliable (mostly due to the fuel being a lubricant and not having as detrimental of an effect on engine oil lubricity)
>>
>>16304219
We buy gas medium duty trucks for our fleet because the nature of our routes and usage is such that the fuel economy penalty isn't as great as the cost of maintenance benefit.

If you are driving mostly city miles and short trips, the gasser will cost much less to operate over the life of the truck.

Sure miss the Chevy big blocks though, that 8.1 liter was a fantastic motor.

It was a sad day when we phased out the 09s.
>>
File: aWw6gj.png (4MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
aWw6gj.png
4MB, 1000x1000px
>>16304499
Sure thing pal
>>
>>16304520
Winter is hell for diesels here in the midwest though.
>>
>>16305193
>he believes this
He already said he won't lock Hillary up. He won't do most of the things promised.
>>
>>16305234

>he has stated he won't do one thing, so that must mean he WILL NEVER DO ANY OF THE OTHER THINGS

>"will never do x" list gets smaller by the day

Soon
>>
>>16305242
>literally damage control: the post
trump supporters back pedaling already
>>
>>16305255

>implying I am controlling the damage of trump going back on his word

I am extremely upset he stated this. I am not going to drop him like a hot rock, because everything else he's accomplished outweighs that plan.
>>
>>16305265
>so stupid he believed it in the first place
>>
File: b3lr1nx4idxx.jpg (63KB, 480x466px) Image search: [Google]
b3lr1nx4idxx.jpg
63KB, 480x466px
>>16305289

>calling over 50% of the American populace stupid

One out of two who you interact with on 4chan is also stupid, by your logic, so why are you here? >>>/reddit/
>>
>>16305348
>50% of the U.S population is stupid
that number is surprisingly lower than i thought
>>
>>16304430
thats bullshit and you know it.

whe gas prices collapsed, people started looking for gas guzzlers. Which is why hummers and late 90's/early 00's V8 landbarges are back in vogue.

I can't go a mile without seeing either an H2/3, or a grand marquis/town car.

not to mention demand for gas guzzling SUV's in general went up
>>
>>16305393
This
When gas was like $1.60 a gallon it was the cheapest it has ever been in American history when inflation is accounted for.
>>
>>16305358
40% of our population is black people and Hispanics are counted as white, what did you expect?
>>
>>16304520
So this is the power of body-on-frame..
>>
>>16306398
That and handling
>>
>>16306387
>it took you 3 hours to come up with that
lmao
>>
>>16304219
If you arent towing big all the time on the highway gas is the way to go in a medium duty truck.
>>
>>16305393
>>16305451
gas guzzlers are just a part of American culture. Americans will always secretly long for them, even if economic circumstances force them to go for the econobox instead.
>>
>>16306492
Thats the dumbest shit I've ever read. Americans dont secretly long for cars that arent fuel efficient. They want efficient cars. They want whats new. They want to best. A gas guzzler can never been those things. Thats regressive thinking. We need to be looking forward not back.
>>
>>16303915
no, the damage has been done, the larger public is obsessively globalist and that's the image modern companies (not just car manufacturers) are chasing
>>
>>16305193
>comon core
>>
>>16303915
I fucking hope so

I also fucking hope he gets rid of the other fucking retarded car laws and such, too

I want some nice vehicles, but they'll cost an arm and a leg to get because they aren't made here and need to be imported
>>
File: image.jpg (35KB, 273x303px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35KB, 273x303px
>>16305193
>New Hapshire
>>
File: f140.jpg (168KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
f140.jpg
168KB, 700x525px
thank God Trump Got elected

long live the v12
>>
I just want mini trucks back
>>
I just bought a car that requires premium.

It's also loud, flashy, and annoying. I'm going to get fucking drowned in a cage if Trump doesn't deliver.
>>
>>16307209
Ferrari already said all their cars will be hybrid's by 2018.
>>
>>16307293
this, being wasteful is a byproduct of corporate jewery
>>
>>16307492
i live in the United States and I actually have an ultimate goal to start a car company. i really want the first car to be a $350,000 n/a v12 manual fmr layout supercar. (yes i am probably dreaming way way too big)

Ferrari may be going hybrid but, if I ever reach the farfetched wealth need to start a car company, the trump presidency should pave the way to building the car I really want to build
>>
>>16307511
>trump supporters are this stupid
not surprising actually
>>
>>16307511
>tfw go to church on sundays with the fambly
>tfw shiny little MB V12 roadster
>tfw oldfag driving it
>wife probably deaf, or probably both of them

>still want a qt V12 roadster so bad
>>
>>16307511
I have never cringed so hard in my life. Even after 9 years on this board looking at Evil Monkey concepts.
>>
>>16307514
I originally wanted sanders but the democratic national committee decided to be a bunch of assholes and the debate committee wouldn't budge to let in Johnson or Stein despite their massive social media backing so I had no choice but to go for trump because I did not want to be in air war with Russia, I did not want completely open borders (not sure if sanders would have done that but I made that decision after the nomination of shithag), and I did not want the issues of men and white people to go ignored just because of slavery and segregation of the past
>>
>>16304553
>The boost
But i thought good ole american boys were against forced induction. Why are they all about muh displacement except for the case of diesels? Lol
>>
>>16307533
>tfw not having a big block diesel
>with a blower
>and a gas tank that goes for 500 miles
>light goes on to indicate that it's running hot to burn shit off the exhaust and not pollute as much
>>
>>16307514
>a track record that supports ambitious companies with independent streaks
haha yeah those trumpers really have no pulse on society :^)
>>
>>16304575

>broad powerband in the rev range that is actually used

I am pro diesel but this is false. If you find that your petrol engine needs to be revved to produce enough power then all you have to do is stop being a pussy and rev it out.

Diesels are still very peaky and have a very narrow power band even with all the new gizmos.
>>
>>16306840
No, what he said was
>Americans know better efficiency is a good thing
>but if gas is cheap they will always have that impulse to buy a big, honking barge with a modular in it or a 4x4
>it is a strong impulse
Agreeing heavily on the Panthers. Ever since gas dropped again GM/LTC are littering the road and poorfags are snapping up P71s like it's nothing because the poor milage doesn't hurt anymore.
>>
>>16307684
CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK
>SORRY MA'AM CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND IF IT
>CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKACLCKACK
>NOPE SORRY
>CLACKCLACKCLACKCLACKCLACK

this torque is awesome
200rpm later
oh no he finished first
>>
>>16306840
>Americans dont secretly long for cars that arent fuel efficient
yes, they do. They long for that Hummer, or that Mustang, or landbarge.

The golden age of American automobiles, (the golden age of America itself, really) was defined by cheap cars with cheap power, and cheap gas. you could buy a mustang and not even care that it got 8-15 MPG, because you could top up for cheap.

That has always been the American automotive dream, even if reality and practicality get in the way.

Hummers existed for a reason in the 90's. because they were huge ostentatious SUV's that got 9 MPG, and were "cool" because you were driving military tech.

>They want efficient cars.
only because gas is expensive, and if you are on a budget, you want to spend as little as possible on gas. But, assuming super cheap gas, given the choice between a large gas guzzling vehicle, and a small cramped shitbox, most Americans would pick the gas guzzler, because it's cooler. And also a symbol of wealth.

It shouldn't be overlooked that in the 50's and 60's, Cars became America's status symbol. And the fact that the average dad could afford a huge V8 family sedan and the gas to feed it, were the ultimate indicator that you had made it, it was indicative of America's power and wealth. America, where the roads are long and straight and gas is cheap and plentiful.

>They want whats new. They want to best.
>A gas guzzler can never been those things.
how so? the 2017 Corvette is both of those. by current progressive standards, it's a gas guzzler, (17/25? the horror!) and it's new.

Americans dont JUSt want whats new, they want what's "cool", which is why even shitboxes have angry headlights nowadays. because nobody wants to be the guy driving to work in a generic 4 cylinder commuter shitbox with shitbox styling. So, even the shitboxes have to now look "sporty" by adding angry headlights and overdesigned taillights
>>
>>16308080
this is so true
>no 9 second car in high school
>no taking sally to makeout point
>no 9 seconds of bliss
>no getting back before 11
fml
>>
>>16306840
>Thats regressive thinking.
regressive thinking is going full ham on """safety""", taking all the joy out of cars and trying to fit one size fits all regulations because "muh trees" or "muh pedestrians" or "muh crash test rating"

a Dodge Viper and a Chrysler Pacifica have nowhere near the same target audience, and there's no reason why they should have to conform to the same regulations regarding safety. What is wanted by a soccer mom isn't the same as what's wanted by a guy who buys a Viper.

>We need to be looking forward not back.
you sound like a typical liberal. everyone should conform to YOUR vision of progress.

I bet you drive a Honda Fit with a Bernie bumper sticker
>>
>>16304481
Diesels don't ping, so if you want to throw 50psi at them go ahead

Now imagine how much sheer force a 6L+ engine is making with that much boost
>>
>>16307492
got a source for that outrageous claim? Ferrari has also said they have no intention of ever making a fully electric car, calling it "obscene", even.

they only ever do Hybrid as a way to get more power out of the car, not to save the trees. you can't turn the gas engine off. they both work together 100% of the time
>>
>>16306889
>2016
>being a nationalist
>>
>>16305393
Thats only because these cars have been sitting in their drive ways while the owners where still making payments on them. And since NO ONE wants to buy them dealerships wont take them as trade-ins for a good enough price for the owners to pay them off. Now that gas is low enough they get to drive them. but deep down they are still wanting to get rid of them asap.

regardless of gas prices. look at the average consumer:

1. they can't afford expensive gas guzzlers. hell most cant afford shit anyways due to college loans and poor wages (regardless of the field they went into)
2. most see them as a detriment to the environment, because most educated Americans actually care about the environment. So they want small, cheap, and efficient cars.
3. Alot of people live/work in the cities. Try parking a hummer or a tahoe anywhere in the city.
>>
>>16308265
>cities
And then try owning any car at all and your city friends want you to come circle around the block and be stuck in traffic for like 50 hours so you can stuff 80 acres of their shit in your car because their rent-a-kitchen doesn't have a laundry machine and they're too poor to get things done without being leeches.
>>
I doubt it, dawg.

Also, I've been running all of my cars (except my Wrangler) catless since 2005 and I doubt that will ever become legal again either. Not that it's ever been an issue for me.
>>
>>16308108

Why do you think the F12Berlinetta is so sought after? Why do you think they resorted to get a tour de France edition after decades without using it?

The F12 is their last N/A V12 Big Ferrari
>>
>>16308265
>but deep down they are still wanting to get rid of them asap.
gonna need some actual facts to back that up. I BOUGHT a Grand Merc as my first car over the summer because gas prices were low enough for it.

My 40something neighbor, who owns a V6 ford explorer, mentioned how he missed his old Grand Marquis and it's big engine.

seems more like you are just projecting your own feelings onto everyone else.

Ive seen no less than 2 Hummers appear in my neighborhood when gas prices collapsed, and they weren't "sitting in their driveways". These are used hummers that these people bought and didnt have before.

And nobody is going to have a panther just "sitting in their driveway", because there will always be a market for those no matter gas prices. The kind of people who had a panther either sold it already, bought it from someone when gas dropped, or never stopped using it and dont care about gas prices.

>they can't afford expensive gas guzzlers. hell most cant afford shit anyways due to college loans and poor wages (regardless of the field they went into)
I think you are again projecting. The Bernie Sanders crowd doesn't define 100% of the country, or even a state.

>most see them as a detriment to the environment,
nice projections.

>because most educated Americans actually care about the environment.
this is just bait, i see how it is. you got me good.

>Alot of people live/work in the cities.
and those people take public transit. Anyone who tries to take ANY car into the city is a retard and wont find parking. not just those with big cars.
>>
>>16305227
Invest in a block heater.
>>
>>16305234
progressive liberals would deem her a martyr. by keeping her out of jail, she lives on as a loser.
>>
>>16304499
>implying anyone should support "net neutrality"
>implying we don't want fewer jobs exported
>implying I have health insurance
>>
>>16304626
Gas trucks are usually for the lower guys and the captian gets the diesel
>>
File: 1370015161513.png (9KB, 473x454px) Image search: [Google]
1370015161513.png
9KB, 473x454px
Will Trump make motorcycle racing 2-stroke again?
I miss that sound...
>>
>>16304513
>>16304520
>>16308105
doesnt more torque and more boost = more horsepower?
why don't we swap diesels into everything
>>
>>16306463
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>16310852
We could probably get trump to legalize lane splitting if we bent pol to the task
>>
>>16308242
>2016
>NOT being a nationalist
>>
>>16308807
http://www.carscoops.com/2016/09/ferrari-f12-replacement-to-retain.html?m=1
B T FO
>>
>>16310896
>HP = Torque * RPM

Diesels have better torque but can't rev for shit while
gasoline engines can rev much higher than diesels but they also produce less torque which makes them produce about the same power.

The reason why we don't diesel swap everything is because:

>They sound like buckets tumbling down a slope
>They smell like ass
>Narrow powerband
>They are vulnerable to cold temperatures
>Expensive ass maintenance

They both have their uses
>>
>>16311057
>Drumpf
>a nationalist

Drumpf is too fucking stupid to even realize what being a nationalist entails. This is why I chuckle when lefties compare him to Hitler: Hitler had an ideology and a plan, all Trump has is his gigantic and fragile ego and a "MUH BEST DEALS BELIEVE ME"
mentality

Can't wait til the poor and middle class morons who voted for him get raped with no ACA, no safety net, and when he has to raise their taxes to cover up the deficit that will result from his tax breaks to his millionaire buddies

Thank you Putin!
>>
>>16313124
>it's a "the evil reds manipulated the election because we're still butthurt that the establishment's choice lost" episode
>>
>>16313137
>it's a "stupid americlap treating their elections like a handegg game" and also assuming that everyone who can see through the failed steak salesman's con must be 1) American 2)A Hillary voter episode

Can't wait til Drumpf destroys the economy with his retarded policies that have been tried and fail, and the team of clowns around him and the country's image. Its going to be glorious watching the Retard Party still finding a way to blame Obama tho
>>
>>16304481
diesel is better in literally every way except driving sporty.

i personally favor gas engines because they feel better. but i love the diesel for what it is, efficient, durable, and true to itself.

Gas is for the consumer, Diesel if for the commercial user.
if you want a car to have fun, get a gasoline powered one, but for everything else, diesel is, imo, the way to go.
>>
>>16304499
Is this the same Trump who uses Chinese sweat shops whenever he can to save on paying a domestic wage?
>>
>>16313124
>Drumpf

You pretty much established your intellectual level there, anon. And it's not looking good.
>>
>>16313152
>diesel is better in literally every way except driving sporty.

Diesel is to fuel what V8s are to engines. Low down torque no top end and no fun but OK in a commercial vehicle.
>>
>>16313154
>"h-he just playing da game"
>"h-he would move the shops here if he could" (ofc he can, but then he'd have to pay a livable wage)

that's the answer you'll get from drumpftards
>>
>>16313156
>You pretty much established your intellectual level there

says the Trump voter
>>
>>16313159
> Low down torque no top end and no fun
thats what im saying

>but OK in a commercial vehicle.
its OK in every vehicle you need to get from A to B
>>
>>16313160
Is that why he outsourced his voter base to Russia?
>>
Don't worry fellow Drumpftards, Trump will spend 1 trillion dollaridoos while not raising taxes to the middle class and giving the top earners a tax break (that will trickle down this time, I swear), he'll pay for the deficit with a tariff war (that was tried and fucked up the economy, but it will work this time!). He really cares about working Americans, that's why there's countless testimonies and lawsuits from former workers at his casinos and hotels who were told "65 cents on the dollars, take it or leave it" when they came to collect the pay they had agreed beforehand. He truly cares about the working class!

MAGA
>>
File: 1382746994726.jpg (88KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1382746994726.jpg
88KB, 1280x720px
>mfw I was in solely to get a 4chan Candidate elected president
He could suck his own dick on the desk of the oval office for all I care, it's still our win.
>>
>>16312913

>Could
>May
>Probably

That's nice bro, nice sources.
>>
>>16313316
>-
>-
>-
Nice source bro
>>
>>16307533
As said above, you can throw 50 psi of boost at them if you want

Displacement is great. Big displacement is greater. Shitloads of displacement with enough boost for four individual vehicles is the greatest thing ever built.
>>
>>16308095
I mean other than the 9 second car, all of that shit still happens
>>
>>16307514
Stay mad cuck

How big is your nose Btw
>>
>>16305193
It's going to take more than four years to build the wall. That's only if he can overcome resistance, if you forget they only have 51 senators.
>>
>>16313406
What wall? The one that's now a "virtual fence"?
>>
>>16303958
This
/thread
>>
>>16313428
I'm sure they'll try a mud hump at least
>>
>>16313191
Don't forget his billionaire CEO cabinet. But what better ally of the working class than a New York billionaire real estate mogul?
>>
>>16313228
>I-I was just pretending

Can't wait til all the NEETS get their shit fucked up by Trump. All the programs they rely on, all gutted. And when the tariff wars make their hentai pillows go up 150%, they still will blame Obama
>>
File: 1mpg.jpg (56KB, 550x342px) Image search: [Google]
1mpg.jpg
56KB, 550x342px
>>16303915
PRAISE KEK
>>
>>16306964
>>16308080
lol this is some of the dumbest shit ive ever read and just reiterates how stupid trump voters are, in a democracy you want to end up like China, fuck the air and the water lmao
>>
>>16314041
>falling for the green jew
>>
>>16314041
nice comeback bro, you sure showed me with those hot insults
>>
File: 1473276685469.jpg (46KB, 536x536px) Image search: [Google]
1473276685469.jpg
46KB, 536x536px
>>16314041
>being this mad
>>
>>16306964
Vehicles cost an arm and a leg because they're better built, better engineered, and better equipped. They were also easier to buy because the Middle Class wasn't robbed by the 1% (like Trump and his entourage) yet. And given by his excellent economic policies that will totally work, expect them to get pricier.
>>
>>16314377
Nah, they cost an arm and a leg because of taxes created by lefties like you. Seriously kys.
>>
>>16314396
R&D costs way more.
>>
>>16314414
It's actually pretty impressive the bang for the buck you get buying a car vs. if you were to have to come up with one yourself or form your own brand. And that's in spite of it often being operated as basically a moneylending establishment.

But as long as we tend toward the Henry Ford model of paying people enough to buy the products they're producing then I think we'll be alright. I just hope a sensible degree of protectionism doesn't set the domestic market back to churning out crap again. I gladly pay more for an import because it's just plain more valuable; I'd love to buy a superior, cheaper domestic product instead if I could.
>>
>>16314427
It's just nature to do the absolute minimum. Even lightning chooses the easiest path if it can. So if protectionism makes foreign cars pricier and less desirable while exerting no pressure on domestic automakers then it's guaranteed they'll even bother to make something good.

But yes, I do agree that you get an excellent quality vehicles for what you pay for nowadays. It's even better when you buy used.
>>
>>16304499
/pol/ hhere

>newsflash: trump isnt going to change what cars are allowed on the road
sure thing faggot, lets see what his epa says before we guess

>trump isnt going to get rid of echeck
could have fooled me, he is VERY 2nd amendment friendly and his son is running a gun discussion group. I'm willing to bet echeck goes away and/or the hearing protectiions act passes

>trump isnt going to make cool looking cars come back
probably not, depends on how much pressure we can exert on the national car saftey thing. LETS TRY THAT NEXT ELECTION!!!!

>trump isnt going to change the cars automakers produce
see above. BUT THEY WILL BE MADE IN AMERICA SO THERE IS THAT

>trump isnt going to lower taxes related to vehicles
Trump supports american industry, a big part of that is taxes. Keep an eye on federal fuel taxes

>trump WILL make your internet slower
HOW?

THANK THE FUCKING LORD!!!!

>trump WILL make all of us redo our health care
THANK FUCKING GOD! I pay 1,776 a month with a 10k deductable, and after i reach the deductable, they only cover 80% until my out of pocket reacher 40k

WTF I LOVE TRUMP NOW!???!
>>
>>16303915
>If Trump gets rid of CAFE will gaz-guzzlers come back?

The customerbase is happy with more efficient cars to develop the same amount of HP in smaller engines. You already know what will happen if YOU get a gas guzzler 6.2L V8 and brag to everyone about your 16MPG highway performance.... It doesn't matter how much HP or torque you have with your ICE because people will cruelly put you down over and over. Meanwhile the all electric hybrid uses forced electric mode and out accelerates your gas guzzler from a standing start.
>>
>>16313406
>if you forget they only have 51 senators.
52 senators
>>
>>16313406
hello cucked faggot. You know the law to build a wall was passed in 2010 but everyone since has been investing in a ""cyber wall"" tto give kickbacks to friends?

Cuck, the wall is already ega
>>
>>16314769
I fully intend to get a nice big gas guzzler V8 one day just for shits and giggles. People saying mean words at me and boyracing me are not a concern seeing as how I'm not in high school anymore.
>>
>>16303915

If EPA restrictions are lifted, the only thing that matters is that Dodge can go full retard, again. You think they'd settle for a 392? Oh, child.

The 426 would be back. They'd throw it into literally everything. Power figures would go into the quadruple digits. You think the Chiron has amazing figures? Imagine a Challenger pushing 1000hp from a pushrod V8.

If the EPA restrictions go away, we will see a golden age unlike anything before.
>>
>>16314731
>Le /pol/ here meme

Confirmed, once again, /pol/lack cucks proving they are the biggest attention whores
>>
File: smug singularity.webm (1MB, 916x948px) Image search: [Google]
smug singularity.webm
1MB, 916x948px
>>16314731
>I pay 1,776
>1776
Was this intentional?
>>
>>16314769
>caring about what cucks have to say
dropped
>>
>>16314731
>/pol/ hhere

You have to go back
>>
>>16314852
>attention whores
said the tripfag
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>16314731
My question is: why are American factory workers entitled to turn screws when third worlders can do the same? I see people rag on Philosophy degrees all the time but why should the world bend to the will of a guy who spent his entire life installing washing machine panels when a guy from Vietnam can do it just as well? Instead of creating artificial barriers, you should help these people into the service sector, which is much bigger and much harder to outsource anyways.

As for the internet, the typical "let the industries do what they will" usually means fuck the consumer as much as possible, so expect lower data caps and speeds, along with shittier service.

We could change over to single payer policies for health insurance but will anyone think of the poor insurance companies and their shareholders?
>>
>>16314896
>Instead of creating artificial barriers, you should help these people into the service sector, which is much bigger and much harder to outsource anyways.
And that's how the US lost its R&D edge. It lost connection to the actual manufacturing. Also it's despicable how little you care for your fellow man. Work isn't just what makes a product, it's also a social good. And a large part of the service sector is easily outsourced thanks to internet.
I hope you enjoy bailing out companies to subsidize foreign work, cuck.
>>
>>16314896
>service sector
>much harder to outsource

you what its the easiest to outsource.

H1-B Visas and machines can have those.

whenever you call customer support its ALWAYS a pajeet, and lots of stores are replacing cashiers with self checkouts, McDonalds in particular, wfter the workers forced the company to pay them 15 an hour for flipping burgers
>>
>>16314963
>US lost its R&D edge
What R&D edge? We have always made money by copying other countries inventions and branding them as domestic, look at Edison.
>>
>>16313390
about as large as your cock.

so well below 1 inch
>>
>>16314377
>Vehicles cost an arm and a leg because they're better built, better engineered, and better equipped.
they cost an arm and a leg because they are overengineered because of oppressive overegulation created by you and your liberal buttbuddies.

whatever happened to "each individual is responsible for his actions"? instead, noo, we need airbags on our airbags and hoods need to be shaped like bars of soap or a pedestrian might get hurt when he runs across the freeway like a moron!

fuck you. There's no reason for this shit. One size fits all regulations are the problem. if you got rid of half the safety and environmental shit that's been tacked on since the 90's, cars would get significantly cheaper.
>>
>>16315396
>a 9 trillion dollar sector of the economy is made entirely out of tech support and cashiers
>teachers, doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc don't exist
>>
>>16314731
>I pay 1,776 a month
>>
>>16318428
Adjusting for inflation, car prices have never changed. An entry level Cord from the early 1900s is priced similarly to a new Versa. And this is because they don't have to be built here in the US. By the way, that Versa is safer, more economic, and better built despite being built in Mexico. Plus you have a super competitive used car market that gives you even better value.
>>16314963
My "fellow man" should stop relying on factory work for a living. Instead of protecting factory jobs, help them get into other sectors of the economy. You only need to look at the wages to see that a nurse is more valuable than a factory worker.
>>
>>16314769
>The customerbase is happy with more efficient cars to develop the same amount of HP in smaller engines
Some sure, but not ALL. Americans want big engines, but they can't have them because Obama and his cronies are basically taxing them into extinction. Because large displacement engines are mean! and hurt polar bears! so basically, whenever Ford makes a Mustang, or Chevy makes a Camaro, they have to sell it at a loss, because of displacement fines.

Do you even have a source for that claim? You sound like you might be Europooran, so i'll spell it out for you:

American car culture is mostly based on big engines. People want big engines. People didn't mind the hummer getting 9MPG because gas wasn't too expensive in the 90's. (though if you could afford an H1 you could afford gas easy)

Small engines putting out big power has and always will be a european line of thinking. Because you guys are cramped and have tiny winding streets so you can't have big cars unless you are a rich baron somewhere. So you guys focused on small cars with small engines, and then started squeezing power out of them. And thats ok. But that's European.

Keep in mind, even when we started trying to copy European coupes, we added a V8. The third gen Mustang was very much trying to capture the Euro coupe feel. But it still has a 5.0 Liter V8 in front.

>You already know what will happen if YOU get a gas guzzler 6.2L V8 and brag to everyone about your 16MPG highway performance....

people will pat me on the back and say "wow cool, anon" ?

when i got my Grand Marquis, (4.6 liter V8) people I told thought it was pretty cool. My 40 something neighbor often mentions he misses the one he had in the 90's. And how cool it is that "it has a mustang engine!"

And before you say "hurr redneck", this is plain 5 boroughs New York.

> people will cruelly put you down over and over.
hah, maybe if you live in fagifornia or Europistan, but most other states, people don't care what you drive
>>
>>16318438
>teachers, doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc don't exist
they certainly are not what we consider the "service sector", that's for sure. Service sector is the low wage low skill "service" jobs. Lawyers and doctors are high skill. you need college and then some for that.
>>
>>16304499
i-is Trump going to make anime real tho? that's why I voted for him...
>>
>>16318488
But they are still service sector. And of course they need education, but Republicans see free education as a sin, even though it'll reduce dependence on a dwindling sector.
>inb4 output means jobs
>>
>>16318493
Sure, him and his ultra conservative cabinet, including Christian Sharia Pence, are all for anime.
>>
File: 1470014922114.gif (543KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470014922114.gif
543KB, 200x200px
>>16318493
Boy this is awkward.. i kinda voted for him because i was hoping he'd gas people like you...

No hard feelings though.
>>
A nation lives and dies by manufacturing.
Transferring to a 'post industrial' economy is a death sentence. Relying on imported manufactured goods is slow suicide and an admission of irrelevancy.
>>
>>16318483
>tfw no more crown vic taxis driven by crazy old guys from former soviet states

I almost bought a cheap old Cougar as my first car. Probably should have. Being young is a great time to not be entirely sensible.
>>
>>16317678
>What R&D edge? We have always made money by copying other countries inventions and branding them as domestic, look at Edison.
lol, keep telling yourself that
>>
>>16318451
where does money come from when we only have service jobs and we import all our products?
>>
>>16318451
>unironically forfeiting the whole industrial sector
kek, what a cuck
enjoy getting enslaved by China
>>
>>16318488
Banking and Financial services are part of the service sector.
>>
>>16318691
This, look at how Spain fell from being the dominant superpower to losing all its might. They even imported bread at some point, so they ended up depleting their gold. The only way for a country to subsist on the service sector is by exporting those services, which is pretty hard to do (except in the case of tourism, where you serve services to foreigners but in situ).
>>
>>16318677
ebin :)
>>
>>16313124
>fake news the post
>>
>>16318691
It's not the 19th century anymore. If manufacturing was what it took to make a country a superpower then every third world country would be one.
>>
>>16319040
From service jobs. Do you think manufacturing is the base of the economy? If you're worried about a loss of transfer of money, then get the 1% to contribute to the economy instead of being parasites who just hoard wealth.
>>16319043
It would be the other way around. China would be doing the bitch work.
>>
>>16319411
>From service jobs. Do you think manufacturing is the base of the economy?
holy shit, are you 12?
manufacturing IS the base of any economy. it is a nationbuilder.

service jobs do not generate wealth. even if you pay a mcdonald worker 20 bucks an hour, unless they are spending it on goods that were created by US manufacturing, theres nothing to spend it on. when a factory worker uses his factory pay to buy a car built by his factory, that makes cash flow through the economy, because that is a big purchase.

but when that factory worker spends his cash on mcdonalds, sure, it helps, but thats barely a trickle because that is a microscopic amount of money in terms of the economy

service jobs do not generate wealth.

industrial jobs do, because the goods they produce are wealth. especially if they are exported internationally.

why do you think china became such a juggernaut between the 90's and now? because they industrialized hardcore, and are now the top exporters in the world. everything is made there, and as a result they are now a superpower that matters.
>>
>>16320039
Let's begin.
>manufacturing IS the base of any economy. it is a nationbuilder.
It's not. Anyone can produce shit. The fact that outsourcing happens so frequently is proof. If you want further proof, just look at the numbers.
http://trade.gov/publications/ita-newsletter/1010/services-sector-how-best-to-measure-it.asp
It's worth 80% of the American economy. It's worth 9, almost 10 trillion dollars. Manufacturing is worth 2.1 trillion. It utterly pales in comparison.
http://www.epi.org/publication/the-manufacturing-footprint-and-the-importance-of-u-s-manufacturing-jobs/
>service jobs do not generate wealth. even if you pay a mcdonald worker 20 bucks an hour, unless they are spending it on goods that were created by US manufacturing, theres nothing to spend it on. when a factory worker uses his factory pay to buy a car built by his factory, that makes cash flow through the economy, because that is a big purchase.
And again, the service sector is more than McDonalds.
https://www.census.gov/econ/services.html
It's growing, unlike manufacturing. Actually, I take it back, manufacturing is at a all time high, but we don't need humans to do it. Also, a person in a service sector job can use their money to buy a product that is cheaper to produce while offering a service domestically.
It only seems that goods produce wealth out of materialism, that people don't appraise things unless they can hold it in their hands. Do you live somewhere that had large amounts of manufacturing? I can imagine so, when you put so much emphasis. Locally, agriculture is a huge industry but it contributes 1% to the state economy.
You're just arguing on feels. The economy does not run on feels.
>>
>>16320146
>tautologous argument about anybody can produce
>look at how shit it is after you offshore your manufacturing and then think about bringing it back
>check out my studies proving that no domestic production ruins the economy
>production isn't isn't worth anything because we ruined it and threw it off shore for pennies
>mcdonalds is growing
>flip burgers already asshole
>while china produces the machines that will replace you

We're going to line people like you up and shoot you. But not before reminding you that it's a no-smoking wall for your own health.
>>
>>16320160
I agree, it must suck that McDonalds is more valuable than your rundown factory.
>>
>>16320175
McDonalds has shit food that comes out slow and is expensive. It was once a neat idea and emblematic of American success.

Now it's an international embarrassment that has to outsource to the third world just to keep afloat in spite of being owned by the wealthy and powerful.
>>
>>16320188
More irrelevant arguments from feelings. Man, I thought it was liberals who did that. It's too bad it's still worth more than the vast majority of manufacturers, at a market cap of 102 billion. And it's only a small part of the entire service sector.
>>
>>16313150
If it's a con, it surely didn't fail. He's the PEOTUS, isn't he? Stay btfo
>>
>>16320208
It's not irrelevant at all. It's a system set up to arbitrage costs in order to skim all the fake money into the global bankers so that they can rule the world and we are literally chattel slaves. It's not hard to figure out unless you're stupid and short-sighted.
>>
>>16319411
>t. bernout

The 1% would just go to greener pastures if you try to make the government into Robin Hood, retard. And no, China might do the bitch work at first, but eventually you run out of money and credit from a huge trade deficit. Go learn economics 101 before you go around pretending you know shit.
>>
>>16319390
>implying China and India aren't gaining weight as we speak
Top kek, you're resting on your laurels and unless you wake up the Chinese are going to eat you alive
>>
>>16320146
A large part of that service sector are hedge funds, that's why it's so big, retard. Hedge funds don't make a country rich. Numbers can be pretty misleading if you don't know how to read them.
>>
>>16320221
I like how you insult my arguments like if anyone can make them (and they can, all it takes is some googling) but here you are providing me a conspiracy theory that doesn't even have to do with how it makes manufacturing better (or for it to even be immune).
>>16320226
Oh well. Wealth isn't finite. The parasites leave and we don't have a bunch of hanger ons getting rich for being rich. And because wealth isn't finite, the service industry can create its own wealth. Manufacturing can, too, but at a much slower rate. The economy isn't a zero sum game.
>>16320250
A large part, yes. It's 1.3 trillion dollars. In a 9.8 trillion dollar sector.
https://www.selectusa.gov/financial-services-industry-united-states
>>
>>16320250
And actually, I'll contest that. Hedgefunds are investors, who provide capital for growth, including to manufacturing. In reality, manufacturing relies on services, not the other way around.
>>
>>16320254
Oh okay it's a conspiracy theory now because it's not the same as your conspiracy theory. Please feed more lies about my claims into my mouth.

Also enjoy your McDonalds job, if you can get one.

>>16320266
Academia is also a service industry. What they hell else do you think they're going to teach? They're just tax cheats sitting on hedge funds of their own.
>>
>>16320239

t. zheng zhing
>>
>>16320296
>if you look at what's happening instead of burying your head in the sand you're chinese
Thank God the majority of the country didn't do as you and voted for Trump, he's our only hope to fix trade
>>
>>16320277
> It's a system set up to arbitrage costs in order to skim all the fake money into the global bankers so that they can rule the world and we are literally chattel slaves
Right, it's a well thought out, cited argument. My bad.
Acadamia provides a service of doing research for the public. Though all those studies done to advance technology, medicine and science don't matter or count to you. They also educate people so they can enter the service sector, which allows for more development and a wide, diverse base in that sector that allows it to be so large and powerful.
>>
>>16320354
I work at a university doing scientific research, fag. You have correctly identified the medical industry as the future of extracting wealth while killing people, but if you think it's about diversity the only diversity is you getting fucked by 3rd world cock.
>>
>>16320363
I'm sure doing a quick google will prove that the medical research is all about making money, and even if it is, it contributes nothing of value in return. Too bad it does. And just letting people die is a huge liability. In other words, you're full of shit. Otherwise, find another job. With that cynical nature, you'll just get someone killed.
As for diversity, I meant the diversity of occupations. Though I'm sure it could happen, seeing so many cherrypicked articles that are used to push agendas.
>>
>>16320432
Your ignorance and lack of life experience is astonishing. People pay other people to set up elaborate schemes for them just for some protection for the state taking everything they have while they die. Average people are nothing more than disposal units for old technology or at best specimens for human experimentation.

The entire concept of global medical records is based on the same "service sector" scheme as with Enron, where they cut production of electricity in order to trade energy futures. Now your life is to be valued based on your calculated value to society, based on your carbon footprint, your water footprint, and indeed your social score as in the Chinese model based on whether or not you agree with the government. This is no secret. It's published and talked about all the time.
>>
File: miats.jpg (26KB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
miats.jpg
26KB, 480x269px
>it's a bernouts pretend to understand how the economy works episode
>>
>>16320432
You're either a kike or an useful shabbos goy. Whatever the case, I'd be afraid of the day of the rope if I was you.
>>
>>16313159
>Cylinder number and arrangement determines where peak power and torque are produced!
>Camshaft profile, exhaust, intake manifolds and hundreds of other variables have no effect!
>>
File: autism.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>16320938
>>
>>16304520
Pro diesel tech here. We're at a point where gad engines are just as reliable and last as long as diesel engines. EPA 07 regs fucking ruined diesels.
>>
>>16320963
We're also at a point where Trump has been elected president, he'll make diesel great again.
>>
File: 3f1.gif (452KB, 478x482px) Image search: [Google]
3f1.gif
452KB, 478x482px
>>16320974
>mfw we'll be able to get brand new screamin jimmy 2 stroke diesels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnN1i9LjAw0
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.