[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some Driving Sims you guys play? preferably that can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: 1065.jpg (167KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1065.jpg
167KB, 1280x720px
what are some Driving Sims you guys play? preferably that can run on a low end pc? I never played Dirt it just seems to be the most widely played
>>
>>16303170

That's not a sim but an arcade game with an optional high difficulty level
>>
GTA V is my favorite driving sim. It really taught me a lot
>>
>>16303218
>GTA IV

FTFY
>>
>>16303240
the worst driving of any GTA doesnt fix anything
>>
>>16303262
>the worst driving of any GTA

Not that anon, but as somebody who has played literally every single GTA

IV had the best driving physics out of all them, bar none
V is a joke in comparison
>>
>>16303267
no it really didnt

it had the worst easily
>>
>>16303272
t. babby
>>
>>16303276
only people who think IV had good handling are people who have never driven a car so they think its realistic to have every car be softly spring and bob like a boat around town

aka children
>>
File: GTR test flight.gif (2MB, 320x180px)
GTR test flight.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>16303272
>>16303284
>no it really didnt

https://youtu.be/qQQu_aiEU0w

You'd have to be retarded to see this comparison and say otherwise. It had the best driving physics of the series.
>>
>>16303288
thats a joke vid right

it just shows how awful IV is

youd have to be retarded to watch that and think

"YEAP 4 LOOKS REAL"
>>
>>16303284
It's not perfectly realistic driving by any means and especially the suspension is exaggerated, but the only people who think it's NOT the best driving in the series are too fucking thick in the head to realize that you can't take corners in Manhattan at 110 mph.
>>
>>16303307
yawn

the same old defense

"lol you cant drive git gud"

go back to /v/ you fucking tard IV has shit driving maybe once you drive a car you will learn
>>
>>16303312
Hold on, let me get my car and drive back to /v/ so that I have fun with GTA IV while you continue being a bitter cunt.
>>
File: 1418499495189.jpg (10KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1418499495189.jpg
10KB, 251x251px
BeamNG Drive.

I can't play anything else, it totally spoiled me.
>>
>>16303305
>IV had actual suspension travel, body roll, and weighted car handling that was more realistic than V independent to every car
>more realistic speed, braking, damage, and driving dynamics than V
>Can't even tell the handling difference between a car and SUV in V over IV

nah, most likely you're either underage or haven't played both
>>16303312
yep, underage
>>
>>16303317
>h-he insulted my favorite game

you can eat shit but Im going to laugh at you for it

so go ahead and have your dinner
>>
>>16303337
>controlling your car in mid-air
>slow motion

>realism

A U T I S M
>>
>>16303333
>every car is a boat frim a landbarge to a supercar
>every car has barely working barkes
>Im too retarded to tell the difference so theyre the same

gotta live kids who cant drive yet who think they know what realism is

>>16303350
yeah its obvious you have it kiddo
>>
>>16303333
quads of truth
>>
>>16303359
>he thinks the average stock car doesn't handle like a boat with massive suspension travel, body roll, and shitty tires

lmfao, you are delusional
Every car in V handles like an RC car instead of how shit the real thing is. It's obvious.
>>
>>16303386
lmao

this is fucking hilarious

how deluded are you to think this

even my old Sentra with blown shocks didnt roll as much as a goddamn modern sedan does in IV
>>
>>16303395
Are you speeding your Sentra through Manhattan a lot?
>>
>>16303409
no but I frequently did 50-60 around corners

and dont give me that 110mph bullshit since hardly any car could go over 100

location doesnt magically make a car roll more
>>
>>16303288
GTAV has cars that handle like boats as well as sports cars. GTAIV just has boats.
>>
>>16303409
>speeding

Most of the cars in GTAIV top out at 90mph, only the exotics and bikes can manage...110. When you're rolling through corners you're only doing about 25-30. Anything made in the last thirty years is more than capable of handling those speeds.
>>
>>16303395
>he thinks USED STOCK cars don't handle like shit and have massive body roll on sharp turns, and massive suspension travel over curbs and 3 foot jumps

delusional
https://youtu.be/dXnYKU97rEc?t=22s

Look at all that fucking roll, on a NEW car
>>
>>16303452
Show a stock car in GTA V that is more boaty than a stock SUV in IV

>it doesn't exist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIPiTQWZRak
>>
>>16303460
lmao

thats still less than IV

I feel sorry if you guys think IV is realistic or better than V
>>
>>16303494
>thats still less than IV

>he doesn't understand how realism works

That's because cars in New York are USED and BEAT TO SHIT. Used suspension rolls more, especially on they types of cars used in IV.

>he still can't explain why V is more realistic
pathetic tbqh
>>
>>16303428
Yeah, sure. Taking sharp corners at 60 mph in a Sentra. Whatever makes you sleep at night.
>>
>>16303170
best sims for low end PCs
>rFactor and games based on the same engine (like GTR 2) for all kinds of racing thanks to the shit ton of mods available for these games
>Grand Prix Legends for historic F1 racing
>Grand Prix 4 and F1 Challenge 99-02 for early '00s F1 racing
>Nascar Racing 2003 for oval racing
>Richard Burns Rally for rallying

If you have any more questions, go here:
>>16291753 , especially to the wiki linked in the OP of that thread
>>
>>16303494
GTA IV is better than GTA V in literally every single regard apart from map size. Car physics, car deformation, ragdolls, AI, the list goes on.

GTA V's underlying mechanics were gimped to run the larger map on last gen consoles, and during the switch to current gen they missed out on fixing inherent flaws and instead focused on visuals and on the cash shop. It's basically a pile of shit.
>>
>>16303514
yet my own car with blown shocks still wasnt as bad as IV

even a goddamn Porsche 911 in IV nearly scrapes the body on the ground going around a corner at like 30

>>16303518
I get it

you cant drive
youre not old enough

you can pretend that playing shitty games give you some worthwhile opinion but it doesnt
>>
File: pff.jpg (128KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
pff.jpg
128KB, 500x333px
>>16303532
>yet my own car

>he thinks his shit handles the same as every other used car on the road

delusion and ignorance

At least the Porsche in IV has roll. Show one that does in V without looking like an rc car?

>protip
you can't
>>
>>16303530
IVs physics are shit
the car deformation was exaggerated and retarded
same with IVs ragdolls
the AI in V is better outside of them making the cops retarded

>>16303552
protip

you already lost this argument and youre acting like a child going NU UH

have you even played V its starting to sound like you havent and just want to look cool to your /v/ buddies
>>
>>16303613
>someone defending offroading on-rails supercars calls IV's physics shit
>>
>>16303170
i wouldn't call it a sim but as someone who normally doesn't play racing games i enjoyed GRID 2 quite a lot
>>
File: 001.gif (439KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
001.gif
439KB, 640x360px
>>16303613
>his Porsche is unrealistic with no roll
>can't find any proof

>n-no you

Where's your evidence of better handling cars again?
Oh right, there is none.
>>
>>16303643
play the game
watch any youtube video of it

I mean really its not that hard
>>
File: 0056.gif (2MB, 300x277px)
0056.gif
2MB, 300x277px
>>16303655
>he literally can't post any proof or comparison

y-you just can't s-see it

Why don't you show us since you obviously know better, right?
>>
>>16303643
Not the guy you're talking to, but burden of proof is actually on you homie.

Also this thread is cancer, just answer OPs question and be done with it. OP is the one making the final decision of what to play anyway.
>>
>>16303674
>show us

its just you

youre the only one who cant use google to get the answer Im not spoon feeding you
>>
File: 53.gif (967KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
53.gif
967KB, 500x500px
>>16303686
>y-y-you're blind, I'm right b-but you w-won't see it

>claims he knows better, but can't share a damn thing

All you've shown us is nothing, so it's obvious you know nothing of your statement/answer
Pathetic
>>
>GTA V needed a "realistic driving physics mod" because the physics are so shitty

really makes you think
>>
>>16303921
>one of the most popular IV mods is Realistic Driving n Flying
>>
>>16303934
>Driving n Flying
>Flying

>He thinks this is the same as needing a mod for more realistic driving
You tried
>>
>>16303942
ok kid, we all know IV was the game of your childhood but physics in this game suck as well

Boats IV vs nfs:locked speed V
>>
>>16303985
>GTA V Realistic Driving Mod
>Realistic Driving MOD

you really can't make this shit up

>watched a video of the mod
>traction physics are similar to GTA IV

Didn't see that coming
>>
Streets of Simcity
>>
It's pretty obvious that GTA V sacrificed realism for casual-friendly gameplay, every aspect of driving in V is so much easier. The only thing they did to balance it, as far as I can tell, was making it easier for damage to lock up wheels. It's not just handling either, cars in V are way stronger and faster on average compared to GTA IV.

Some aspects of IV are definitely overblown- cars can be deformed to the point that they should break apart. Overall, though, IV is way more realistic.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.