[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Noob question IIT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Greetings /o/, noob car owner, posting for the first time.

>Got my driver's license.
>Bought my first car, a brand old shitty Volkswagen Fox '10

I'm pretty happy with it, I live on an island so it meets my needs, I can pretty much reach edge to edge in 20 minutes or so.

I don' t know if you have the equivalent of /sqt/ here, so feel free to ask any dumb questions here as well.

So, I want to replace the shirty radio player with a bluetooth set, preferably a 2-din screen for aesthetic purposes, so I can connect my phone to the car's speakers. From a quick google search, most sets go for 100-300 euros.

Are they worth buying for that price?

Do any of the third-party set (e. g. Sony) "fit in" and supported by my car or are there certain standards I must be aware of before choosing?

Is it simple enough to install for a humble /g/uy like me? Say, as easy as replacing a PC component?

If not, how much would it cost to pass the job to a proffesional and not get memed on?

Any >protips welcome.
>>
How do you live on an island? Is your daily living area really a resort?
>>
>>16298625
Not op but I live on an island. And before that I lived on a smaller island. So small it was the size of a large city.
It had so many fucking cars it was ridiculous because the roads couldn't take that many. Also everyone drove like shit and hence buying second hand shitboxes was the only way to go unless you were rich as fuck.
Good luck parking anything bigger than a ford fiesta too. Plenty of touge tho, but a missile was really the only option for fun.
>>
To stay on topic you can type into eBay or any relevant website your cars make and model and find the appropriate double din or din setupi rail and even relevant trim pieces to make it look part of the interior and it's extremely easy even for a non /g/
>>
>>16298625
I live on the isle of Mykonos. My daily living area is LITERALLY a resort. For being such a luxurious island, its roads are ridiculously narrow and badly maintained (not even us can escape the shittiness of the greek state).

Cars like the Polo or the Aygo are ideal here.

>>16298857

Thanks, bro.
>>
File: 1415861116603.png (89KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1415861116603.png
89KB, 400x400px
>>16298960
Yeah how the fuck

Did you grow up there? Do your parents own the island? Do you have a career there?

Why do you live there
>>
>>16298625
>How do you live on an island?
>>16299751
>Why do you live there
Are you two serious?
>>
File: myconian-utopia-resort.jpg (42KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
myconian-utopia-resort.jpg
42KB, 550x366px
>>16299776
kek

>>16299751
Born and raised, yes. I know it sounds absurd to Americans and/or to people that live in Northern Europe, but I am incredibly lucky to live on this piece of rock, when you put Greece as a whole into perspective.

I work during the summer seasons (~6 months) as a hotel receptionist and earn more than double what the average Greek makes in a year. Plus, I get to meet all sorts of people from around the world (although not always a plus, seriously, fuck the Indians).

But yeah, about that screen, guys.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.