[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Battery?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: diehard.jpg (83KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
diehard.jpg
83KB, 1000x1000px
Now that the weather is getting cold and shitty it's about time to replace my old battery before it leaves me stranded somewhere. Who makes the best/reliable battery these days? I used to hear great things about Optimas, but apparently production moved to Mexico and quality went to shit.
>>
>>16297431
get anything agm and rated highly
>>
Now that Exide is bankrupt, there are only two major car battery manufacturers left in North America, Johnson Controls and East Penn. And East Penn is downright tiny compared to JC. So, just buy whatever's cheapest. No matter the sticker on the outside of the battery, it's almost assured they're all going to come from the same factory anyway.

Go on advanceautoparts.com and pick out one of their AGM batteries that fits your car. You may have to take a physical measurement of your battery box instead of using the group number. Add the code TRT30 and choose checkout in store.

I did that same thing and scored a $180 battery for $130 out of the door, including tax.
>>
>>16297431
>get anything agm and rated highly
If your previous battery was AGM, be careful when buying the replacement based upon any substitution guide. My OEM AGM battery is in fine shape, but I was looking at the equivalent Duracell replacement. Their guide had a sloshy liquid type and I couldn't believe it. That would have been a bad choice if I only used that guide which is probably what the autoshop staff would do too if I had asked them for a recommended replacement.

So, always think and don't assume the recommended replacement from a different brand (even duracell) is the proper replacement. Duracell was sold off to some investment company years ago, so its old reputation of taking the quality approach may be different now.
>>
>>16297431
Magneti Marelli
>>
>>16297431
Die hard or interstate with a block heater and battery insulator

t. Canadian
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.