[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting idea l had while shitting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: shift.jpg (250KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shift.jpg
250KB, 1280x720px
Made no research, so it's probably some dumb shit, but:

A tool that helps you go faster around a circuit. The map of the circuit is memorised (don't know how accurate this will be without the map), and an experienced pilot who knows what the car can does a laptime. You then have a racing line like on nfs shift (couldn't find a better comparison) on a head-on display

With the help of these sensors, the car helps itself slightly to adhere to this line, break at the correct time and quickly accelerate based on the pilot's performance for instance, but without diminishing the driver's input a lot

Without the memorised map I reckon that a camera and sensors could still help a little with
cornering

The car's performances and abilities will generally be taken consideration of, so that the system doesn't pull off weird shit

whaddya think
>>
If you need yet another computer aid to drive around a track, god help you.
>>
>>16297265
ya know, for the babbys

automation will anyway prevail so something around this idea might eventually happen for a google """"racecar"""" or sth
>>
>>16297245
If you're going to have the car put in inputs to keep it on the line and brake/accelerate correctly, you may as well go fully automated.
Which Audi has already done.
I could see a projected racing line as helpful for novice drivers, but there's almost always one worn into the track by cars driving on it. The only time it would be helpful is if the rubber on the track from all the other cars wasn't there.
>>
>forza/NFS racing line in real life
fucking kill yourself my man
the only reason that shit exists in the video games is because playing the game on a 2D television gives you no depth perception and you can't tell how far you are from the next turn like you would in real life. VR headsets solve this problem.
>>
Correcting a line is 10 times harder of a problem than automating the entire lap. and automating the entire lap is hard enough. There's way too many variables to correct driver error.

And tracks are constantly changing even throughout the day let alone from month to month.
A good rain completely changes a tracks grip.

A HUD with the line would be okay, for time trial purposes, but racing and time trials are not comparable.
>>
Didn't they announce a small autonomous race car series? Or am I mistaking?
>>
>>16297245
Would be good for an engineering project, such as for FSAE but as far as your normie track day it would be useless.
Racing lines depend so much on tire temp, speed, braking force, weight distribution, etc.
The best you could come up with is a suggested driving line.
>>
File: cyber-formula-tamiya1.jpg (146KB, 480x403px) Image search: [Google]
cyber-formula-tamiya1.jpg
146KB, 480x403px
>>16297273
So you're basically talking about Future GPX Cyber Formula, where in-car AIs help literal children compete at the highest level of motorsport.
>>
>>16297325
There is an BMW that can learn a track if you drive around it once or twice. After that it can go around by itself.
I am on mobile so no link, sorry.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.