[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Heating Issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
Sup /o/,

The heating on my Dodge Ram 2008 has stopped since I replaced my water pump, and now there's sound of water slushing when I accelerate.

What I tried:

1) I tried unclogging my AC drain, but there was no condensation there.

2) Tried emptying any stuck air in circulation, but that didn't help.

3) Kept close eye on the coolant levels to see if there is any leaks, but Coolant level is topped up and there's no leaks under the car.

Things to note:

1) There is absolutely no water leaking into the cockpit.

2) The left side of the radiator is slightly warm, while the right side is hot.

3) No Coolant leaks under the truck.

4) The car definitely needs an AC charge up, but is that related to the heat?

5) The engine temp is always a tick below normal

6) Water pump has been replaced a few days ago, and the water gurgling sound started after that.

I took the truck to a mechanic to get his view on the matter, and he believes that the Thermostat needs to be replaced, however, the two lines in and out of the Heater core are both very hot to the touch so I'm not definitely buying that, he believes that the fact one side of the radiator is slightly warm and the other is hot is a dead giveaway.

Can someone please advise me on what to do, I'm so fucking done with winter temperatures and I really want my heat in this shitty ass winter.
>>
File: IMG_4120.jpg (512KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4120.jpg
512KB, 1136x640px
Bummppity bump
>>
come on you useless cunts
>>
>>16296695
Change the thermostat yourself it should be easy right on top of the engine at the upper rad hose.
>>
>>16296777
I'm capable of changing the Thermostat, but I'm wondering if that's my issue, I'm calling bullshit because my engine temperature is fine and both lines from and to the heater core are hot as fuck.
>>
>>16296695
Was the system properly bled? Gurgling+no heat sounds like air in the system. I recently did a coolant drain and fill on one of my cars, and the heat inside blew cold air till i got most of the air out of the cooling system. Try bleeding it again, it can't hurt. Or give it a few cooldown/warmup cycles to bleed itself.
>>
>>16296817
I bled the system as thoroughly as I could, the only step I probably missed was the bleeder valve because I couldn't find it on my truck.

I think that there is air in the system and that's all there is to it
>>
You should try not having a dodge. Should fix all your problems.
>>
>>16296834
I own a Jaguar XJ6 beside my truck, Dodge trucks are a dream compared to that piece of shit.
>>
Bumppity Bump, niggers.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.