[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Had my first accident today.. What was your first accident like?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_20161209_213603.jpg (3MB, 3968x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161209_213603.jpg
3MB, 3968x2976px
Had my first accident today.. What was your first accident like?
>>
>>16291511
Didn't explain what happened. Reversed with a completely obstructed view into a friend's parked car. Bent suspension, fucked panels.
>>
>>16291511
First major accident?

Spun my R33 through a fence totaled it
Had 3 minor accidents before put my old falcon into a curb and a fence.

Dont have a pic of any of them.

Also that would come out fairly easy op

Just take the panel off and welt on it with a hammer and a block of wood

What did you do to the suspension?
>>
>>16291511
>going home from a party late at night (3am)
>roads almost completely empty
>hadn't seen another car for like 15 minutes
>suddenly, come across a tipped over road sign lying in the middle of my lane
>swerve to the right lane to pass it
>turns out some dude that just appeared out of nowhere was overtaking me in the right lane at the very same moment
>we scrape lightly

That was pretty random.
>>
>>16291520
oh and i also hit a bunch of roos, a cow and probably other shit i am forgetting.

Oh and a tree fell on my commodore

All this within the last 4 years i am fucking accident prone
>>
>>16291520
Well shit. The problem is that it's my parents car, making it even worse. I haven't looked yet but my guess is either bent control arm or tie rods. Most of the car is scratched along the side.
>>
>>16291521
That sounds like it could've been a lot worse.. Glad you're ok Anon
>>
>>16291511
Never had one because I can drive unlike you amerilards
>>
>>16291527
Not American thank God, how long have you been driving?
>>
Had some stupid immigrant from the eastern bloc hit and destroy the entire drivers side of my car.

>mfw his passenger door didn't open but my drivers side door still did

HAHA I WON NIGGA
>>
>>16291530
20 years
Half of those driving a missile
>>
Put my car sideways into a tree just after i got my p's, was going to fast, didnt know the road and generally just got ahead of myself.. cost 8 grand to repair but the car was never the same after that, was just thankful nobody was hurt as i had 2 mates in the car. Other than that been acci free for 13yrs, swore from that day foward to learn how to drive to my limits. Working so far..
>>
>>16291526
Yeah, nothing really came out of it except my insurance rate going up, but I can't really get over how fuckin random that was.
>>
>>16291543
That's rough... I definitely know what you mean as a P plater. I'm only on my restricted licence which is basically the NZ version of a P plate which makes it even worse. You're very lucky
>>
>>16291519
I did something similar, backed out into a parked B5 Passat on New Year's Eve, luckily it was in neutral and just rolled backwards like 10 meters. At first I didn't even know what I hit. Nothing happened to it, me and a bunch of friends just rolled it back to where it was originally and problem solved. Well kind of, some metal bent and started rubbing the rear right wheel so we had to straighten it out and the right tail light cover smashed into pieces. It was in my Twingo.
>>
File: lel.jpg (4MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
4MB, 3024x4032px
went round a corner too fast
>>
>>16291525
its fixable as i said take off the front panel and welt on it at a mates place or something.

Say someone hit and ran you
>>
Rolled a Dinan E34 M5 after some stacey sideswiped me and I flew off the highway.

Then replaced it with another E34 M5 and an E39 M5
>>
>>16291656
sillycelica
>>
>>16291511
Had my license for 7 years now, still waiting to have my first major accident.
>>
First car, one week after getting my license, went 100 through a corner I nowadays take with 60. Rolled it into a crash barrier.

Those things are potentially lethal.
>>
i crashed my bike in an active construction site

WOO! NOT EMBARRASSING AT TALL
>>
File: 1459052752383.png (214KB, 465x531px) Image search: [Google]
1459052752383.png
214KB, 465x531px
>>16291678
>rolled a Dinan E34 M5
>>
>>16291678

I cringe every time I see those letters at the bootlid.

>BMW Experts = still making less power than proper homebrew boosted builds (and don't get me started on their astronomically cost inefficient stroker bs)

related:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioy1zeB49sU/watch?v=TFx0W-y7Dcs
>>
>>16291774
I sold the stroker motor to some chump for 9k. Dont know how I managed that.
I saw that vid and I was thinking of doing that to mine. I don't know how much its going to cost me though. Im currently putting some money into "restoring" the E39
>>
10 years ago my old corolla hit idiot hilux that try to uturn a car on a spot that not supposed to.
No abs, no airbag half of my car gone
Have no idea why I still alive? In hospital for 3 months.

Nowadays with new corolla and my right foot still heart all the time.
>>
>>16291656
Too fast being?
>>
File: pic-vsmotor-01.jpg (114KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
pic-vsmotor-01.jpg
114KB, 700x525px
>>16291791

Rods, pistons, arp studs, piping, clutch, toorbo, steel head gasket ++
Price depends on what you can do yourself, but probably close to Dinan regardless. Just double the horsepower.

People in europe have been making 4-digit numbers on them for over a decade. But I assume that reliability becomes an issue at that point. Hickup in fuel delivery -> detonation -> surprise buttsekcs for the wallet.

7-8 psi on a stock unit with a E85 tune should still be close to 600.

You've owned/own some rad cars tho.. Envious.
>>
>>16291519
>Bent suspension

What?

How do you do that reversing?
>>
Sorry anon, I can't relate because I'm not a fucking idiot who can't drive and decides to reverse so fast that the impact fucks my axle and suspension despite the obstructed view I know I have because I can't fucking see shit.
>>
>>16291921
>rad racecars

Wat? How? I buy cheap shit and fix it kek
>>
>>16291937
op is probably a literal cunt
>>
>>16291895
50mph in the wet and fog at 6am when I was too tired to respond quickly enough
>>
>>16291952
no excuse ive done drives like that SO many times
>>
>>16291955
Well sorry, I guess I'll just go and un-have the accident then!
>>
Asshole ran a red light, and I drove headlong into him going forty. That was the end of my Legacy.
>>
I was coming home from college
There is an offset intersection with traffic lights
I made a left turn on yellow
Driving forward for a bit, cross the the other road who's light now turns green
Old faggot floors it right into my passenger side rear wheel, bumper, and door he probably wasn't even watching the road
Police come and then put me at fault on the police report, and there were typos in the text
I had to pay 500 for insurance to cover and got my money back like 3 months later after arguing with them like anyone with half a brain can tell it wasn't my fault
but insurance price goes up because of that fucking faggot
>>
The first time I drove a car, I was in my grandpa's old shitty pathfinder. He decided to take me into a cramped parking lot with zero experience. I ran into a small tree when I tried to turn.
>>
>>16291659
>lie about your dumb act to remove one's responsibility of that act
You must be a modern female or at least raised and educated by one, faggot.
>>
>>16291960
have more obviously!
>>
An Asian woman who barely spoke English rear ended my 1972 Javelin at a 4 way stop. Attempted to pay me $300 out of her purse to not go through insurance when it did $12k of damage on a 15k car.

Both quarter panels, trunk lid and rear bumper were destroyed. Parts are hard to find and not everything is reproduced. I bought it back from insurance and now it's just sitting. I was planning on using it as a part's car but haven't found another suitable for restoring.
>>
>in a busy intersection, in right turn only
>we don't have a stop/yield sign, assume the car in front if me was gonna keep going
>she stops for whatever reason
>i was coasting on my phone like a dumbass
>bump the indian nurse in a prius
Gave her my info but I never heard anything from my insurance, she probably didn't care. 0 visible damage
>>
Spun my 2004 American Full Size Sedan on the highway going about 60mph, it was my only accident, ended up in the ditch between two roadways, no barriers on either side.

Thank god my car is a fat girl, cuz when it got to the centre of the ditch it just fucking stopped right there, if I was in some piece of shit light weight it would have gone into oncoming traffic.

Fucking lady sideswiped me twice, once on rear wheel, then I started spinning into her, and she sped up and spun me to the left, into the ditch cuz she hit my front bumper.

My car was totally fine, just had a small dent on the passenger front bumper and passenger rear plus some grass stuck under the front passenger tires.

Felt so safe, and that's why I will only buy BIG cars/SUV/Trucks from now on.
>>
My first and only accident happened the day after I obtained my learner's permit. I was taking a left into an apartment complex and admittedly I did that retarded thing people do before turning where they go wide by turning a little bit in the other direction first and some stupid woman and her group of friends in the car behind me were also turning in there and hit my rear passenger leftside door. Shit was a pretty big crash desu senpai

My car was fine (05 Altima), her car was totaled (some piece of shit minivan)
>>
>>16291511
Fast road, small entrance to where I was going, pull in and try to slow down as safely as I can, a pick up truck backs up into me because I wasn't there a second ago when he looked. Just some minor damage to the bottom of the driver door, it works fine
>>
I was the at fault for my one and only accident. Took a corner too fast with slightly over inflated tires, and under steered into the back of a C-Class or some other kind of Mercedes. I kinda panicked and went to work, but about 30 minutes later, I was calmed down and all I wanted to do was go back and leave my info. The moment I got off work, I went back to try and leave my info, but the car had already left. This was like, 7 in the morning, as I work nights and figured I'd be able to catch them in the early morning.
I ended up getting a call from my insurance company saying the Mercedes had a claim against me about 2 weeks ago, and I admitted to everything, outright saying I was at fault. Make it as easy for the other guy as I can. I still need to stop by the Sherrifs office sometime to see if I have a ticket waiting for me.
>>
File: 1478890004345.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1478890004345.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
First accident was a tbone as I was coming off the freeway with a retard running a red. Hit my passenger side and completely fucked my car, frame bent to shit and everything.
>Tfw I strip car to bare bones
>Tow over to grandpa (worked as cop car mechanic)
>Unbends frame, put car back together, runs fine
I even won the lawsuit case over his "medical expenses"
>>
The only accident in my 4-ish years of driving so far
Was rolling through a parking lot at 5mph in my miata, looking for a spot, when some retard in an xterra backed into my rear passenger quarter panel trying to reverse out of his spot
Sucks shit since that was one of two pieces on the entire thing I wasn't planning to replace eventually.
>>
>>16291511
Been driving for 16 years. I'll let you know when the first one happens.
>>
First week of driving manual, with my first car and first time ever driving really in any car other than the ones i got my permit on.

>sharp left hand corner coming off of a very curved road
>its raining out
>shitty chinese tires that came with the car with shit tread
>go to make the left way to fast
>understeer into a curb

Good thing it was only me involved and no other cars etc. Chipped a rim and allegedly bent a control arm and cv joint. Car was 100% driveable. Drove it to a buddy of my dads who had a shop. He then proceeded to fuck me as hard as he could, scratched the shit out of my hood and his greasy mechanics drove it through a bunch of mud and construction sites near the shop. Came back with caked mud everywhere.
>>
>>16291932
Europoor car
>>
File: 1359047310914.jpg (21KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
1359047310914.jpg
21KB, 260x260px
>>16291511
Rear-ended another car while driving a Gallant going 10 mph in stop/go traffic on the highway because I stayed awake the whole night before. Car was totaled. Totaled in stop n go traffic. Other than parked cars, no one has totaled their car going slower than me.
>>
>>16291521
That's what he gets for passing on the right
>>
File: 20150926_123336.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20150926_123336.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
i fell asleep
>>
>>16292605
Car is so boring, who could blame you?
>>
>driving to pick up GF
>phone is in little center console cubby
>at red light behind two people
>light turns green
>start moving slowly
>phone rings
>go to slide to answer
>look up, car in front of me has slowed down
>hit the brakes as hard as I can, raining outside
>hit rear bumper cover, front license plate screws punctured it

Was shaking and anxious. Didn't even get their phone number and didn't take pictures of the damage until I realized and drove to their address. Insurance rate was not affected.
>>
>>16292342
You can actually fix that without replacing it
Repair will be visible if you inspect closely but it's better letting it catch rust
>>
>middle of the night
>tired of roommate's gf mooching off me
>go out for a drive to calm my shit down
>hooning up a dirt road in the mountains
>came up on a sudden curve at 40mph
>panic brake
>go into the ditch
>come back out of the ditch
>spin the fuck out
>travel 200ft down the road while spinning
>end up pointed towards ditch in bank on side of road

>car stalled
>get out to inspect damage
>there was none
>inspect skid marks
>they were impressive
>get back in and drive out of where wheels embedded themselves in soft embankment
>i'm not mad at cunt gf or enabling roomie any more
>spin didn't even spill my coffee
>>
File: kolari.jpg (560KB, 1080x1216px) Image search: [Google]
kolari.jpg
560KB, 1080x1216px
I cut a Skoda in half

>inb4 VAG drivers
>>
File: 0403151144.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
0403151144.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>16293267
pls no. I liked your car. Does it still live?
>>
Was driving home from school on a 3 lane one way road in the far right lane. The two lanes left of me were at a stop with traffic, but my lane was clear so I continued along as normal. Mid twenties curry-fag lady decides to pull out of a Hardee's parking lot across said traffic trying to cross onto a perpendicular street. Because of the traffic we didn't see each other until her passenger side was about 8 feet in front of me.

Luckily no one was hurt, everyone had insurance, and I had a witness, but it still fucked me out of my bmw. Got a mk5 GTI now.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.