[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to buy a piece of land in bumfuck nowhere for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Prefab-Garages[1].jpg (766KB, 944x629px) Image search: [Google]
Prefab-Garages[1].jpg
766KB, 944x629px
Is it possible to buy a piece of land in bumfuck nowhere for no other reason than to plop a pre-fab garage on it?

I live in the city and I just want a place to go on the weekends to work on cars and small projects.
>>
Yes.
>>
I'm American, by the way. You can tell by the way that I forgot to point that out.
>>
>>16290199
You can, but how far do you want to drive? Are you comfortable with it being "fine" while you are gone?
[spoiler]I'm pretty close to doing this, I'm getting a garage that is ~15 minutes away from my weekend stay.[/spoiler]
It kinda turns to shit when you realize if you are missing X you have to spend 15+ minutes into town +where ever your auto warehouse is then the drive back to it.
I guess working at a dealer the 2/3 minute drive to Napa/quest etc spoiled me, but the rural location with no internet access and no "fast" access to parts sucks.
>>
It's a free country as long as you pay your taxes
>>
yes it's pretty damn easy to do it too in the grand scheme of things, you nigger faggot
>>
>>16290235
It's not unless it already has power and sewer on it.
>>
>>16290224
You might want to look around more. I live in a rural area, there are probably empty plots, or old houses or even garages near parts stores.

We also have cable internet, whose speed can stream hd to 3 devices in my house.
>>
>>16290250
You could do solar or a generator. As far as sewer, dig a hole.
>>
>>16290233
Not when there's all sorts of stupid ass codes, ordinances, zoning, etc. My understanding is that some places won't allow a structure to be built until after a house has been.
>>
>>16290269
That's up to code.
>>
>>16290256
What the nigger does fast access to "parts" have to do with your bandwidth speed? I'm saying If I was missing pads for my mustang it took me 3 minutes to go pick them up where I worked.
>We also have cable internet, whose speed can stream hd to 3 devices in my house.
That's a shit metric I've got 200mbps in the hub of this rural town.
>>
>>16290282
>Rural
>Code
Fuck off back to whole foods.
>>
>>16290278
All can be negated by paying the proper fees, taxes, licenses, re zoning fees and inspections
>>
>>16290307
Yea, I don't live in the middle of literal no where so they fly planes and shit to figure out if I'm up to code.
>>
>>16290302
>What the nigger does fast access to "parts" have to do with your bandwidth speed?
Read the last sentence of his post dipshit
>>
>>16290307
Building codes are still a thing in the sticks
>>
>>16290318
That apparently in rural areas there are tons of places right next to parts stores?
If that's the case the city is dead and I can't get paid in it.
>>
>>16290199
I wanna live in that
>>
>>16290319
Building a house or larger structure, yes but loosely enforced unless you are financing. Generally you can throw an outhouse on a piece of property for quite along time assuming a neighor doesn't mind. Solar panel or generator will be fine. I do have a friend that built a two story house without inspections, but he did build it himself.

I'm about 1 hour outside a city. you could put up a pre built garage and an outhouse with zero issues on a plot that is about 10 mins from.
>>
NOW EVERYONE can bring heome a Handa
>>
>>16290199
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just find a storage unit?

What if you move? Who the fuck wants to buy your quarter acre of garage?
>>
>>16290405
Storage units generally don't allow people to work on shit in the unit.
>>
>>16290199
Don't lie. You want to erect a rape-shack
>>
>>16290207
Lulz

Just go in with a group of friends and rent a warehouse. If you can get enough people to pay their share up front for the year you can get a decent deal. Plus it will already be built and cheaper than trying to buy and build.
>>
OP you have to consider theft. Anything you leave unattended is a target.
>>
>>16290598
Security cameras and alarm systems are cheap as fuck these days.

They can steal it, but OP can Liam Neeson Taken their ass in due time.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.